It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The strange sound phenomenon. Video that rules out viral marketing?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I've been hearing this sound for months now (with the exception of one time I heard it about 10 years ago). It started for me with more and more frequency about 6 mo. ago. I thought maybe I was crazy until I saw the Costa Rican news clip yesterday. And then I found two more videos in my home town. However, what I'm hearing isn't the booming they heard in CR. It sounds metallic and hollow, almost like a reverb. in a very large tunnel. It seems to come from the air, but I really can't pin point it. Honestly, it does sound like the noise in the movie Cloverfield. There's recordings in Chile and in the UK that sound exactly like what I'm hearing. I don't think (I could be wrong) that it's the Second Coming per se. Because when I hear it it's always in the middle of the night, or right at dark. And why would God only work at night? LOL. I think it has either something to do with space or Project Blue Beam. However, I'm going to research what another member here mentioned: Iridium. It is amazingly creepy and seems to shake you right to the core. But if you want answers, don't wait for someone to hand them to you. Find them yourself as best you can. And be assured, this phenomena is NOT a hoax. I've heard it about 5 times now in the past few months.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

edit on 18-1-2012 by MissAnthropy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MissAnthropy

Sarcastic Mode: ON

Maybe it was a train!!!

quote]Originally posted by klhbrown
So, I haven't heard these noises in person yet, but many people on ATS claim they have.
Today I was out at my in-laws farm. My husband and I stepped outside to smoke a cig and all of the sudden I heard "the sound"! The rumbling mixed with the terrible sky screeching, war of the worlds tripod noise from the Kiev and Conklin videos! It was very loud and seemed to be coming from everywhere. For a moment I totally freaked! We went running around the side of the house only to see the train, about a 1/2 mile away, slowing to a stop at the grain silo in town. When the train grinded to a stop, so did the noise. I'm not trying to debunk. I just want to point out that everyone who claims to have heard the noise claims there are no train tracks or industry near. News flash - there are trains everywhere! It's almost impossible to ever be more than a mile from some tracks. My in-laws town has a population of less than 100 (no exaggeration) and yes, even a town that small has tracks. I really didn't think a train was capable of making these sounds - until today.

Sarcastic Mode: OFF

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Hi, first time post.
The game in question was played in St. Petersburg, Tampa Bay on August, 22, 2011
All the weather info. For that day can be found at this link...
www.wunderground.com...
Hope this can clear things up one way or another?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan
I wouldn't be so quick to rule out something fishy to be up.

As was noted by another used, this game took place on August 23rd, 2011, in Tampa Bay, Florida. That's the East Coast.

What is so special about that date? Well, being a Virginian, let me tell you, and I'm sure most of you remember any way. There was a massive earthquake!

As from Wikipedia:

Tremors from the Virginia earthquake were felt as far south as Atlanta, Georgia;[24] as far north as Quebec City, Quebec;[25] as far west as Illinois[26] and as far east as Fredericton, New Brunswick,[27] with damage reported as far away as Brooklyn in New York City.

shees how much evidence do you need. i watch games, and hear these kind of noises all the time, sometimes without wind sometimes not.(wind movement).
wind is just the mod obvious. it has been pointed out, it could have been the speaker system (explains why players do not react)...
but in theory it could be an aliens spaceship creating a vortex. there is no way to disprove this. but the fact this page is 4 pages long on a simple wind occurrence is ridiculous.
So, perhaps the user's theory about this being tectonically related could possibly be right?

The Earthquake happened at 1:51PM EDT. The Tampa Bay game started at 3:17PM EDT. That's a difference of about an hour and some change.

Maybe the intense wind and earthquake are both a geological symptom of something massive? The mind likes to wander.

If anything, I'd say it is pretty odd that two game reporters would be concerned about a sound that you claim is just the wind. I'm not denying it is the wind, as it sounds a lot like it, but I think the commentators would be a little used to "the sound of the wind".

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Two days ago, on the way in the house, my daughter pointed out a low rumbling sound in the distance. We both stopped for a moment to have a listen. Low rumbling followed by the faint sound of what sounded like gravel being loaded into a truck bed. This may have been the case if the sun was still out and it was daytime...but it wasn't. It was around 8 or 9 o'clock at night so that was ruled out. Really it wasn't something you could put your finger on, just a rumbling and so far yet so close. We wanted to record the sound but with two toddlers in the house we found the recorder in a couple of different places. We tried the phone camera but that wasn't picking up the sound. I can say it was identical to the videos on the internet. Anyway I just wanted to say that in lower British Columbia, Canada that sound can be heard!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
If it was viral marketing, someone would be going to a heck of a lot of trouble and expense to have so many people from different parts of the world hearing the sound 1st hand! If it was just a case of hoax Youtube clips, it would be plausible. But I don't believe that the members who claim to have heard it in real life are all liars (or fools hearing trains).

Please can someone who understands the intricacies of HAARP please explain why they do or do not believe it could be a cause?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by GFDGFS

I accept your theory on trains, I just don't accept your theory that trains are EVERYWHERE. My town in Texas has a population of about 10k and I know for a fact that the nearest tracks are 25 miles South of here. So I find it hard to believe that too large of amount of people would mistake a train for an unusual sound when if they did live close enough to hear a train (like you) they SHOULD be able to know the what a train stopping sounds like.
edit on 19-1-2012 by Quibbler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Sounds like wind to me.

Are the commentators hearing it for real, or via a mic/speakers in their booth.

If the latter, which it probably is, then i'd say the mic was in a wind tunnel of some kind - possibly created by an object beside the mic.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamer99
reply to post by UdonNiedtuno

That's an interesting thought.

In this video the sound almost resembles wind. It doesn't sound the same as the other videos, so perhaps it's a different phenomenon altogether?

That's what I thought too. It is certainly different to both the rumbling and the electronic trumpet sounds being touted on youtube. People are getting twitchy and lumping together every sound they can't explain. Sigh....
edit on 19-1-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I really believe we are hearing the Planets ...Peace
To me this sounds so much like all these strange noises being heard that I am almost convinced this is it.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Alda1981

Thx I appreciate your encouragement and its nice to see there are people who realise that nobody knows everything .. I got anhilated by someone for expressing a thought.. and it just really upset me because it was a huge response with links as if i was trying to prove a point and i wasnt i was just saying what I found interesting in the OP.

I havent heard these sounds (south of england) and would very much like to hear and feel it for myself. .. (even if it sounds scary)

The video shown here sounds different to what i heard in other videos, and i agree with a few people here about the reactions of the people .. only the commentators say somthing about it.

if i did hear it i think i would try to track it down ...there are people with videos where it sounds a lot louder and more vibrating than others so maybe they are closer to it *shrugs*

still interesting

thx x

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBreeze

This is cool.... but how do they get sounds from planets?? (sry if its a dumb question)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AnotherHumanBeing

Yeah me and my husband have decided to keep an open mind maybe we will hear it maybe we wont but we have felt weird rumblings and like a vibration went all the way through our house just a couple of weks ago it felt weird. And keep on looking and voice your opinion loudly some people just dont want to let other people have an opinion : ) Peace

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AnotherHumanBeing

Supposedly sattellites record them and nasa hears them : )

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Ok guys, I was about ready to call BS on this but i just heard the sounds myself about five minutes ago. I am located in Sweden south of Malmö and the sounds sounded more distant than the ones in the video and were coming from the southeast, the noise wasn't airplanes it sound like the noise of a distant race track like F1 cars and lasted for about 30 sec. The noise was loud enough that i could hear it from indoors and it prompted me to open the window and check. I dont know if i am just hearing things because of reading these threads but whatever it was it sounded really strange.

Peace.

Stu.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

thanks

Cool
it could be to do with them all lining up then
and maybe its earth maybe its the planets

I love listening to those planets you posted.. so out of this world (literelly haha)
think thats why id love to experience it first hand.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Um...what crowd? And this was during a Tampa Bay Rays game. That stadium is a dome! The sound could be heard because the game was a weekday night game and the stadium was literally empty that night! The small amount of people in the background all looked at each other as soon as the sound starts. I'm not sure what kind of reaction you are looking for but that seems about right for florida residents. You have to understand people in florida would place a sound like that with a really really high wind. I think the sound is created by micro-bursts of wind. They first learned about micro-bursts during Hurricane Andrew back in what 1992 or 1993. I remember that storm really well because I lived in Homestead at the time. That sound is what you hear right before nature literally blows your doors and roof across town.

Maybe HAARP creates enough temperature change to cause the air to micro-burst but in a way we aren't familiar with. I really dunno, but the sound is freaky. No one has been hurt yet so its not bad, per say.

EDIT: Here is a question? If we are hearing the planets, how? There is, according to theory no sound in deep space because space is a vacuum. OR We are hearing the planets and this is because space is like an ocean and we are floating in some kind of medium (ether

edit on 19-1-2012 by JustJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherHumanBeing

This is cool.... but how do they get sounds from planets?? (sry if its a dumb question)

not a dumb question at all..

if you dont mind i would like to add to your question..and why now?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by stuballs77

That is awesome maybe you have to know they exist to hear them : ) .. Just a thought Peace

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join