It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The strange sound phenomenon. Video that rules out viral marketing?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alda1981
The game took place at Tampa Bay Rays the evening of Aug 23, 2011.
So it was 4mph wind. I don't think that calls for this sound now does it?

do you actually know how the wind is measured (im speaking about representative areas) and how streams of wind can be produced (in punctual places) by the difference of temperatures....

Think about stream currents in a sunny day between a entrance to a subway tunnel and the outside street

edit on 18-1-2012 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

There, you do have a valid point! I think the best thing for any one at this point would be to check outside sources and see if it was mentioned anywhere else in the town. Surely there were people in the parking lot or houses nearby that heard it and reported it also.

I will be looking into any eyewitness reports I can find. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. However I still stand firm this isn't THE noise. IMO

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I wouldn't be so quick to rule out something fishy to be up.

As was noted by another used, this game took place on August 23rd, 2011, in Tampa Bay, Florida. That's the East Coast.

What is so special about that date? Well, being a Virginian, let me tell you, and I'm sure most of you remember any way. There was a massive earthquake!

As from Wikipedia:

Tremors from the Virginia earthquake were felt as far south as Atlanta, Georgia;[24] as far north as Quebec City, Quebec;[25] as far west as Illinois[26] and as far east as Fredericton, New Brunswick,[27] with damage reported as far away as Brooklyn in New York City.

So, perhaps the user's theory about this being tectonically related could possibly be right?

The Earthquake happened at 1:51PM EDT. The Tampa Bay game started at 3:17PM EDT. That's a difference of about an hour and some change.

Maybe the intense wind and earthquake are both a geological symptom of something massive? The mind likes to wander.

If anything, I'd say it is pretty odd that two game reporters would be concerned about a sound that you claim is just the wind. I'm not denying it is the wind, as it sounds a lot like it, but I think the commentators would be a little used to "the sound of the wind".

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Ok so I found a comment thread on a sports site that basically contains a chat log of peoples messages during the game. This video was from the Rays - Tigers game that took place on 08/22/11 not 08/23/11, and according to at least one of the commenters

Rays announcers are saying that the haunting noise was a set of malfunctioning speakers as a result of lightning striking the dome

Comment tag info: JerseyTigerFan on Aug 22, 2011 7:56 PM EDT

LINK to game thread
edit on 18-1-2012 by UdonNiedtuno because: add link

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Or maybe we are finally able to hear the noise only Al Gore can hear?

edit on 18-1-2012 by ErroneousDylan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaMgLo87

Originally posted by voyger2
Wow ... not again.... where are the mod's ... this forum is getting crazy, ppl don’t borrow to read other treads

This is only a strong wind! Blowing out along the structures even if it is a confined space, it's a normal thing to happen in a stadium.

The potential for wind sound are higher, in this case, because of a simple law of geophysics. The air confined in apparent closed volume, normally is much more hot than the outside, so, the cold air tends to rush in replacing the hot one... is that simple…

edit on 18-1-2012 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

You are wrong. the wind was 4mph at the start of that game on august 23rd, 2011, and the wind never blew harder than that, but you should know that right? because you researched it?

Already answered to that... and another member finally did put an end to other speculative claims around here... thank God

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This is interesting video on it too

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Who'd be stupid enough to think it's viral marketing anyway?

Would the marketing be for a movie with zero cast, zero production and is never released or has information about plot or title for several years at least while all we get are these videos?

Come on, think rationally.

As I said before, if it was viral marketing then it started in 2010 and we've heard nothing about what it's advertising? Yeah, don't need any videos to destroy that idea, just common sense.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This isn't fake, my grandfather is an avid baseball watcher and he watched this game. He heard it too. You can't judge by the audiences reactions for several reasons.

1. Urban dwellers tend to be oblivious to their surroundings.
2. Most people are too absorbed in what they are doing to notice outside stimulus.
3. There is a good possibility some people's ear were simply too damaged to hear it.

These sounds have been heard all over the world.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan
I wouldn't be so quick to rule out something fishy to be up.

As was noted by another used, this game took place on August 23rd, 2011, in Tampa Bay, Florida. That's the East Coast.

What is so special about that date? Well, being a Virginian, let me tell you, and I'm sure most of you remember any way. There was a massive earthquake!

As from Wikipedia:

Tremors from the Virginia earthquake were felt as far south as Atlanta, Georgia;[24] as far north as Quebec City, Quebec;[25] as far west as Illinois[26] and as far east as Fredericton, New Brunswick,[27] with damage reported as far away as Brooklyn in New York City.

So, perhaps the user's theory about this being tectonically related could possibly be right?

The Earthquake happened at 1:51PM EDT. The Tampa Bay game started at 3:17PM EDT. That's a difference of about an hour and some change.

Maybe the intense wind and earthquake are both a geological symptom of something massive? The mind likes to wander.

If anything, I'd say it is pretty odd that two game reporters would be concerned about a sound that you claim is just the wind. I'm not denying it is the wind, as it sounds a lot like it, but I think the commentators would be a little used to "the sound of the wind".

And just today, a small quake has hit Virginia IN THE SAME REGION as the bigger one did...

VA quake link just THIS AM
edit on 1/18/2012 by drphilxr because: time correction

edit on 1/18/2012 by drphilxr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Alda1981

I posted FACT about what it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Personally, I don't think this video, shot inside a closed building, in any way supports the 'strange sound phenomenon.'

1. this is a closed building
2. how can you prove the sound was audible outside this building?
3. there have been proven fakes of the 'strange sound phenomenon' and this provides NO evidence whatsoever in favor of a genuine 'strange sound phenomenon' due to numbers 1 and 2.
4. how did this make the front page?
5. oh yeah, its a hot topic and ATS is taking advantage of it for the hits on their site
6. how again does this video rule out viral marketing?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by UdonNiedtuno
Ok so I found a comment thread on a sports site that basically contains a chat log of peoples messages during the game. This video was from the Rays - Tigers game that took place on 08/22/11 not 08/23/11, and according to at least one of the commenters

Rays announcers are saying that the haunting noise was a set of malfunctioning speakers as a result of lightning striking the dome

Comment tag info: JerseyTigerFan on Aug 22, 2011 7:56 PM EDT

LINK to game thread
edit on 18-1-2012 by UdonNiedtuno because: add link

Posting again since people seem to have missed it. The announcers during the game confirmed this was from speakers effected by lightning hitting the building.

Although, to be fair, wunderground does not list lightning/thunder or otherwise stormy conditions on the night of the 22nd. In fact some clouds moved through near the time the game started, and winds were never over 3.5 mph during the game. Doesn't sound like lightning weather to me...hmmm

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
It sounds like wind blowing through the stadium. I used to work doing flood lightingin indoor football pitches, on a windy day we would here noises like this.

ALS
edit on 18-1-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

How about wind noise
that just seems to be ignored as a reason on these strange noise threads I wonder why that is.

To everyone who thinks it's wind: you do realize it's a closed dome, right?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Personally I think it's just a viral campaign, think about it, The King of the Monsters himself, Godzilla is making his Imax debut later this year and Cloverfield is rumored to be making a return as well. Could these be giant monster roars ?

Godzilla's Roar:

www.youtube.com...

Cloverfields:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 18-1-2012 by TheStonerMessiah because: Ember code off of youtube didn't work, just provided the links instead..

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Someone must have "Farted" bigtime
Joke.

Interesting thread.
edit on 18-1-2012 by DumbTopSecretWriters because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
this noise phenomenom is fast becoming a farce like we had with elenin. the op's video is a good example, the majority of normal people will know exactly what is causing the noise.

'but its a enclosed stadium/dome!'
when i shut my window i have an 'enclosed' room, but i can still here the wind outside.
edit on 18-1-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I believe the video you posted could be a viral campaign for Mass Effect 3. A video game based on earth being invaded by mechanical beings. In this video go to 2:15, The sounds of the 'reapers' are very similar to the sounds in your vid.

ALS
edit on 18-1-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
this seems like another "BLOOP" noise to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join