It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The strange sound phenomenon. Video that rules out viral marketing?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
why dont people find out where the game was played and then look at the weather for that day?
surely they would have a wind guage in that city somewhere.

Living on the other side of the globe and not being a follower of your sporting teams I would not know where to start.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toffeeapple
There's another thread on the same clip, and I've asked on that one, if the noise is caused by wind, and given the freaked out reaction of the commentators, how come the phenomenon's not been noticed or reported on before there?

it has i have watched plenty of games where there was this sound effect. usually you could actually see the wind,but not all the time. think enclosed spaces.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
why dont people find out where the game was played and then look at the weather for that day?
surely they would have a wind guage in that city somewhere.

Living on the other side of the globe and not being a follower of your sporting teams I would not know where to start.

the would be to easy.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I heard a theory that it was the speaker system, I read that it got struck by lightning or a foul ball. I was watching the game live at the time, I'm a baseball freak even though the guys who were playing are not my favorite. The commentators talked about it more, I just wish we could find the whole clip.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

It was played in Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg Florida

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
The first thing I did was watch this without sound. Why you ask
so I could see the peoples reactions before I heard the noise.

1st watch (no sound) - no noticeable reaction from players

2nd watch (no sound) - no noticeable reaction from audience

3rd watch (with sound) - interesting sounds but not that great

Give it a go without sound and tell me if you think there is something fishy going on here or not. Yeah the sounds make it freaky but all those people and not anyone stood up to look around. Not even a glance at the sky from the players.

Points 1, 2 and 3. Exactly.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Wind, so obvious.

Are people's lives that boring that they have to stretch their imagination to the point of insanity to believe in this stuff?

I wish my life was that boring, that lacking in events. I need a break.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Mate in case you haven't noticed its been a fest of youtube videos of this sound all around the world. Dont ditch people for searching. Noone said its 100% this thing. but dont try to be smart ass making fun of people questioning. Cause if you do there is no point for you to be in this site in the first place.

Now if someone could find the day this happened and the weather that day we could learn if wind could be a factor.

Second of all. I am sure those comentators have been there before and heard the wind in that stadium at least once before in their life. right?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alda1981
Mate in case you haven't noticed its been a fest of youtube videos of this sound all around the world. Dont ditch people for searching. Noone said its 100% this thing. but dont try to be smart ass making fun of people questioning. Cause if you do there is no point for you to be in this site in the first place.

Now if someone could find the day this happened and the weather that day we could learn if wind could be a factor.

Second of all. I am sure those comentators have been there before and heard the wind in that stadium at least once before in their life. right?

at least there is one good point.
people are getting out and listening to the sound of nature.
its really a bad time for me were it aline invasion, so i petition they come back latter.
as for other points: earth is magical, get out more, and you will here all worst of sounds.
i am pretty confident in 6 months a stanford grad will call it a mass effect hoax.
there are all sorts of strange sound, it seems the domino has tipped, and the big sound conspiracy is about to roll out
)))

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
The first thing I did was watch this without sound. Why you ask
so I could see the peoples reactions before I heard the noise.

1st watch (no sound) - no noticeable reaction from players

2nd watch (no sound) - no noticeable reaction from audience

3rd watch (with sound) - interesting sounds but not that great

Give it a go without sound and tell me if you think there is something fishy going on here or not. Yeah the sounds make it freaky but all those people and not anyone stood up to look around. Not even a glance at the sky from the players.

how can something be fishy be going on when the commentators are commenting on it.. LOL..

but yea.. move along nothing to see here..

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Tectonic plates according to a professor at WITS University. (South Africa)

I have no source other than him telling my girlfriend, as she is in the travel industry and deals with him. He said they are aware of the "noises" even though i have not heard anything in South Africa that remotely relates to these noises.

She mentioned he said it can take 5 years, or quicker, and it is affecting the earth's magnetic field. It has moved quite "a bit" (and i don't know the period that was mentioned) Rotation, it could move from positive to negative.

So, basically it is plate tectonics that is affecting our magnetic field that is to blame for these strange sounds/noises.

When she gets home i will ask her why she didn't ask him what the worst case scenario could be

edit on 1/18/2012 by qonone because: edit

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Lol, my brain works faster than my fingers do most of the time. I should have said with the sound off, watch this clip and see if you think it is out of the ordinary. Without the commentators words and the sound itself it looks like a pretty normal game.

I am NOT saying this is a hoax, just not THE sound.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Lol, my brain works faster than my fingers do most of the time. I should have said with the sound off, watch this clip and see if you think it is out of the ordinary. Without the commentators words and the sound itself it looks like a pretty normal game.

I am NOT saying this is a hoax, just not THE sound.

Hmmm.. do you suppose sportscasters might sneak a plug for a TV series into their on-air commentary?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The Tampa Bay Devil Rays play a Tropicana Field, which is an enclosed dome, whether or not they have any doors large enough to create the wind over a open bottle effect I don't know but one of the announcers does make a joke "somebody shut the door", suggesting that he believes it is wind as well.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

/thread

/phenonemon.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Alda1981

remember sound is frequency, and frequency travels to far distance, something is contacting us

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I wouldn't think so. I think this is just a case of mistaken identity for the sound.It just happens to sound like the sounds every body has been hearing so it gets lumped in the same group.

Now, if people would have reacted strangely and the guy talking would have said "Hey, that sounds like one of those weird sky sounds" then maybe it would of been the best thing ever to go public.

I wait for the day this is recorded and played by my Nashville news team with several people standing around, their jaws wide open. StealthyKat posted a video along time ago of Kiev that almost made me poop myself. It was crazy weird to hear that happen. My mind couldn't process it as real. I was rooted to the spot with my eyes glued to the screen waiting for the part that said what movie it was advertising. That advertisement never came.....

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I'll hazard a theory. The Marlins did a promotion with the same vuvuzelas that were so annoying during the World Cup against the Rays. I bet a few fans brought them in for this game also.

The promotion.

It was seen as very annoying, for the record. Here's what the sound would have sounded like undampened, though I bet the broadcast adjusted the sound so it would be deeper and less distracting resulting in the pitch distortion with the original video.

I don't know about the other incidents, but I could imagine a case where a few fans brought in the noise makers, handed out by the team, and they are that irritating.

edit on 18-1-2012 by cassandranova because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-1-2012 by cassandranova because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I am preety sure the cameras would catch the annoying vuvuzela people at some point. In life we preety much have the experience to know if something is normal or weird. Both commentators felt the need to comment on it twice. It means it was something they hadn't encountered before. Let alone the fact that microphones pass only a certain wavelength of the sound.
It could be a lot weirder in real life.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Wow ... not again.... where are the mod's ... this forum is getting crazy, ppl don’t borrow to read other treads

This is only a strong wind! Blowing out along the structures even if it is a confined space, it's a normal thing to happen in a stadium.

The potential for wind sound are higher, in this case, because of a simple law of geophysics. The air confined in apparent closed volume, normally is much more hot than the outside, so, the cold air tends to rush in replacing the hot one... is that simple…

edit on 18-1-2012 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join