It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The strange sound phenomenon. Video that rules out viral marketing?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Well this preety much shows that this aint the prank of some people over youtube right? I mean this happened in live television.

So we are left with tectonic plates, Trumpets of Apocalypse, UFO, or.... what. This must be taken a lot more seriously I think.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
This was on the day we had the east coast earthquake last year.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Communications from the 4th dimension?
I just watched Carl Sagan do the 2D "flatland" bit on the Cosmos, seems to apply here. Weird.
edit on 17-1-2012 by UdonNiedtuno because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I am beginning to find these sounds interesting. Especially with the sudden rise in awareness toward them or it.
I do suspect that a lot of these so called "sounds" are not as ominous or otherwise unique but rather are just people paying more attention to sounds that occur all the time. This of course comes from someone who to date has not personally heard one of these.

If, they are as they sound in some of the videos on the internet, then damn....that's scary. lol

There are several variety I noticed, from a low roar like that of a tornado, to a cloverfield sound which i believe to be a potential hoax, to this latest one I witnessed in the video you posted that sounds like wind.. As unlikely as that may be.

Star and flag for spurring a little more interest in the subject for me.

ETA: Oh I also heard one that sounded like Lucifer pitching a bitch about something. That one was unnerving as Hell and would have, like i said in my post on that thread, required me to medicate with hard liquor as fast as possible.
edit on 17-1-2012 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
mabe earth is saying, its time for a change..expanding earth theory

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by UdonNiedtuno

That's an interesting thought.

In this video the sound almost resembles wind. It doesn't sound the same as the other videos, so perhaps it's a different phenomenon altogether?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
There are now 4 NEW threads, including this one, on ATS. The vague rumbling got my attention but not as this sound does. The video taken in Venice, FL, made my hackles stand. It reminds me of the Stephen King movie, The Mist. As for those who say this is a viral marketing scheme...I can't imagine the effort & expense required to not only produce this, making it sound as if were coming from the sky but to take it worldwide. I have no explanation, not even an attempt. All I can say is this is "new" sound creeps me out.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The first thing I did was watch this without sound. Why you ask
so I could see the peoples reactions before I heard the noise.

1st watch (no sound) - no noticeable reaction from players

2nd watch (no sound) - no noticeable reaction from audience

3rd watch (with sound) - interesting sounds but not that great

Give it a go without sound and tell me if you think there is something fishy going on here or not. Yeah the sounds make it freaky but all those people and not anyone stood up to look around. Not even a glance at the sky from the players.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
The first thing I did was watch this without sound. Why you ask
so I could see the peoples reactions before I heard the noise.

1st watch (no sound) - no noticeable reaction from players

2nd watch (no sound) - no noticeable reaction from audience

3rd watch (with sound) - interesting sounds but not that great

Give it a go without sound and tell me if you think there is something fishy going on here or not. Yeah the sounds make it freaky but all those people and not anyone stood up to look around. Not even a glance at the sky from the players.

What you are talking about is exactly what I did. In fact i always watch for reaction before anything. In this case I was just assuming their head was in the game.....................ALL OF THEM...lol

Then again, I do not know what reaction I expect to see. In other words, it is noise, what are they supposed to do,they are working. clearly the announcers noticed it, if that's so, then everyone else probably heard it too, but assumed it's the wind.
The poor yet reliable wind, which has taken the blame for everything, from rats in the attic to insane ax murders trying to break into your bedroom at night.
This time though I think it really is the wind.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Yep, wind would be my guess also. I should have been more clear in my post.

I believe in these sounds, (well some anyhow) and people have been claiming they could "feel" them as well as hear them. It made them feel freaked out and it felt like it was coming from everywhere. I have no doubt that the noise in the ball field happened just not THE noise. Otherwise I think these people in mass would have been looking around saying what the the heck.

I know keep your eye on the ball and all that, but instinct will rule every time.

Thanks for letting me know I'm not crazy for watching without sound.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Exactly.
Moreover with the decibel range and reverberation that "The Sound" has been shown to produce in other videos, one would think that the whole place would be rocking (vibrating).... That would get the attention of everyone no doubt. Some of this stuff sounds like the end of the world..Literally...lol

This on the other hand simply sounded like a steady but strong wind caught in a wave over the top or otherwise around the dome where this video was taken. Whatever the case it was not so magnificent as to be more interesting than a man hitting a ball with a stick, and failing I might ad....(foul ball)

Based on other videos, if this was The Sound, there would be no doubt I think.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Alda1981

How about wind noise
that just seems to be ignored as a reason on these strange noise threads I wonder why that is.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
My guess is HAARP...
From what i remember, someone made a map with where all the noises have been. Anybody remember?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
The guyz who were there said that it wasnt the wind cause its a closed oval stadium. Second of all a wind that hard would be noticeable on the surrounding. Cloths moving etc... really don't know to be honest...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
It's clearly not wind inside the facility, but one can not rule out wind reverberating on the outer surface. Especially if it caught something " architectural" and created a nice resonating wave that produced that sound. If that is the case the wind wouldn't even have to be that strong.

It would be interesting to know more about the weather that day and other meteorological factors that may or may not have played a role in possibly producing the sound in the video.

There is no doubt that people heard it, and that it was loud.
Unfortunately there is not enough to go on in this video to clearly mark this as "The Sound" as opposed to any other audible noise that may have occurred by normal means; such as wind generated resonance build up in architectural elements in the facade of the structure.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
gee guys, have none of you "heard" the wind?

in the video op, it is the wind, imo. its so obvious. enclosed stadium, duh.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alda1981
The guyz who were there said that it wasnt the wind cause its a closed oval stadium. Second of all a wind that hard would be noticeable on the surrounding. Cloths moving etc... really don't know to be honest...

Sorry but just because it has a roof does not rule out wind noise the logic some people use on here beggars belief sometimes. Have you never been in a totally enclosed building on a windy day and heard wind noise.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Exactly my point.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
There's another thread on the same clip, and I've asked on that one, if the noise is caused by wind, and given the freaked out reaction of the commentators, how come the phenomenon's not been noticed or reported on before there?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
No, no, no. you got it all wrong..
"Its the sound of Justin Verlander mowing the Rays line up." :p

I posted this video in the big thread last year and everyone was pointing toward winds also.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join