It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How 1911 Imagined 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
A friend posted this on Facebook. I found it fascinating. So many things they got wrong and quite a few were dead on.

What may happen in the next 100 years - from a 1911 perspective

What May Happen in the Next 100 Years
edit on 17-1-2012 by minettejo because: bad format

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Well he got a few damn near bang on! And others spooky in their smilarity!!

some more obscure predictions, may still happen!

Great find! Great read!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
"no more mosquitos and cockroaches by 2011"

thats one prediction i would have wanted to come true!
edit on 17-1-2012 by ooYODAoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Excellent find.

S&F

Oranges will grow in Philadelphia

Oh god....Say it isn't so.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
by the year 2111, hippies will go thorugh an evolution, and become terrorist, and eventually, destroy the civillized western world, transforming it into a currency free brotherhood of peace loving comunities that execute anyone who preeches the benifits of money!

I forsee a complete and total destruction of capitalism, and the restoration of mankinds true nature...

I also predict that religion will be otulawed by a global government, in the 'near' future...

and the musics kids listen to will continue to sound worse and worse as decades pass...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
my favorite is university and college will be free for all men and women. i like how they thought for the betterment of the nation as a whole.

instead we have: universities will bankrupt and indebt the majority of students who are sacrificing their time and energies to better themselves and to help society as a whole.

economic costs will cause some of our best and brightest to flip burgers thus wasting a valuable resource.

my predictions for 2111: man will just rediscover fire and the wheel after ww3 has left the earth a living hell.
the charcoal black clouds that surrounded the earth will have dissipated into space.
the horribly disfigured humans that survived will band together and hunt down all those
responsible and lynch them.

a true democracy will be formed. there will be elected representatives. but their only
function is to put issues for a vote. the whole society will vote and the majority will
pass. voting will be a week long and polling stations will be open 24/7. what's the
hurry, the bill will still be there. political parties will be outlawed.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
double post

edit on 17-1-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
"There will be no more C.C.Q.Z"

He got a few things bang on though pretty neat.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
In A.D. 2101
war was beginning.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
The quality is to crappy for me to read

Is there a text copy of the newspaper someone can link to?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
This was an absolutely fascinating read. Thank you SO much for sharing.

I laughed about the eradication of the flies and mosquitoes too AND mice and rats. Another where they were way off was what they expected in horticulture. Guess we just weren't as good at controlling mother nature as we'd hoped.

Eerily accurate regarding mobile and long distance communication though.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
People were so optimistic back then, even when talking about things like the extinction of the horse, the end of wild animals, and great and terrible war machines.. it sounds almost cheerful.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Nice! It says the ride from office to work would require only a few minutes and would cost a penny! I guess they figured with technological advancement things would get cheaper. Boy were they wrong!!!

new topics

top topics

join