It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigerian "child witch-hunter" to come to USA.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
A powerful Nigerian preacher, Helen Ukpabio, renowned for her accusations of witchcraft against children, is apparently invited to a Christian crusade in Texas.

The Nigerian organization Stepping-Stones, which harbors children made homeless by Christian witchcraft allegations is shocked.

I see there are already social network pages and petitions up to stop this visit.

I'm not sure how anybody even vaguely Christian could consider it in the first place?

What does that imply for US children?

Helen Ukpabio is coming to the US, at the invitation of Glorious Praise Ministries in Houston, Texas. You read that right: an infamous Nigerian witch-hunter, responsible for fomenting a climate of fear and hatred leading to the agonizing death of innocent chldren, is coming to Texas to raise money and support for her reign of ignorance and terror. Here. Sponsored by American Christians.

freethoughtblogs.com...
edit on 17-1-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
More from the Religious Child Maltreatment Site:

I just found out that Helen Ukpabio, a powerful fundamentalist Christian preacher from Nigeria, will soon be visiting Texas. I learned about this after reading a Huffington Post article written by Michael Mungia, a student at St. Joseph’s University in Philadelphia and founder of Harambee Youth Kenya, a Nairobi organization that offers shelter to homeless boys.

Ukpabio plans to perform a 12-day “marathon deliverance,” beginning on March 14th in Houston, where she promises to relieve people of such problems as nightmares, “witchcraft attacks,” being possessed by a “mermaid spirit,” and poverty. Mungai says Americans should be troubled by the arrival of Ukpabio whom he calls a “notorious child-witch hunter.” Mungai goes on to say,

Ukpabio alleges that Satan constantly manifests himself in the bodies of children through demonic possession, turning them into witches and wizards. Condemned as witches, these children are splashed with acid, buried alive, immersed in fire or expelled from their communities.

religiouschildmaltreatment.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
A powerful Nigerian preacher, Christine Ukpabio, renowned for her accusations of witchcraft against children, is apparently invited to a Christian crusade in Texas.

The Nigerian organization Stepping-Stones, which harbors children made homeless by Christian witchcraft allegations is shocked.

I see there are already social network pages and petitions up to stop this visit.

I'm not sure how anybody even vaguely Christian could consider it in the first place?

What does that imply for US children?

freethoughtblogs.com...

Does it seem that strange of an idea that US Christians would invite her to the US for an alternate purpose. Maybe to try to talk some sense in her? I think it might be a novel idea...considering the many peace corp volunteers who have tried to deal with the situation in Nigeria. Perhaps bringing some of these crazed preachers here to America...as a sort of psychological experiment to show them the errors in their ways.
This would not imply anything for US children as a majority of American people are not that dumb...be they Christian, Gnostic, or Atheist.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Helen Ukpabio's militia invades a conference sponsored by Stepping Stone and the Nigerian Humanist movement:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
One of Ukpabia's ridiculous video productions on the danger of "child witches".
Interestingly, much of the video is like Satanic-panic (minus the heavy metal) from my youth.
So the people with the same sick imagination are supposed to talk sense into this woman?

The "Apostolic consecration of Evangelist Helen Ukpabia".

I'm not sure she knows she is a fraud.
These people will attack critics and designated "evil-doers" with the same fervor as Christian homophobes attack gay people.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by iamusic

I'm afraid I don't agree. There have been 'some' cases of parents killing they're children with the help of the church due in part to them believing that the child was 'possessed' or unclean in some way. I doubt that there is anything good that can come of this nonsense.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
She is a greedy fraud , also, she is crazy.

Condemned as witches, these children are splashed with acid, buried alive, immersed in fire or expelled from their communities.

The only true sign of evil i see here is her own barbarious acts...

Madness. This evil, criminal woman ought to be met at the airport and turned right around, if not sent off to trial for crimes against humanity.

edit on 17/1/2012 by B3lz3buth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

The only thing I can say is maybe she will meet some good ol' fashioned Texas Justice while she's there if the right people catch wind of this horse poop woman.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I was just trying to double-check the story, to make sure it was not some publicity campaign of hers.

Well, the Glorious Praise Ministries in Texas exists.

Furthermore, this link says she will "Return" to Texas, so she's been there before?

Human rights violator, Helen Ukpabio, whose organization, the Liberty Gospel Church, infamous for being an accessory to acts of violence perpetrated against young Nigerian children, is coming to Houston, Texas’ Glorious Praise Ministries, March 17th – 25th. Ukpabio in her books and films state that causes of poverty in families and rebelliousness in children are due to demonic possession in said young people. Her solution is to beat the devil out of them with abuse and torture as documented by UK Channel 4′s Dispatches episode, ‘Saving Africa’s Witch Children.” In fact, many of these “exorcisms” have lead to many deaths.

wbaiblog.wordpress.com...

I see people posting hell narratives on ATS, and such junk from Nigerian con ministries.
When this becomes a part of your culture, then I think the world is lost to all goodness.

top topics

join