It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ballot Challenge to Mitt Romney’s Eligibility Filed in Illinois

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Following recent evidence raising concerns about Mitt's eligibility..Are we sure that Mitt Romney Is eligible to be President?

We are already seeing Ballot challenges start.

Here we go......Good for the goose, good for the gander? Buckle up for a birther remix...

William McGuffage
IL State BOE Chairman
1020 Spring St.
Springfield, IL 62704

Chairman McGuffage,

My name is Michael Jackson. My residence is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. I am a registered voter in the state of IL. I am a constitutionally law abiding U.S. citizen born on U.S. soil. My father was born in MO and born to U.S. citizen parents. Though proudly and thankfully I am a legal and lawful U.S. citizen, this I can attest to, but I cannot attest that I am a Natural Born Citizen as my mother was not naturalized as a U.S. citizen until after I was born, thus I could never be a Natural Born Citizen.

It has come to my attention that Willard Mitt Romney has been placed on the Republican primary ballot for IL as a candidate for President. Pursuant to Illinois Statute 10 ILCS 5/10-5 chap 46, para 10-5 said candidate “…being first duly sworn” and “signed” that said candidate is “…legally qualified to hold such an office”. With great concern to the yet unanswered question as to said candidate’s being “legally qualified to hold such an office” I am herewith submitting my “objector’s petition” pursuant to 10 ILCS 5/10-8 chap 46 para 10-8: whereby “any legal voter…” “… having objections to any certificate of nomination or nomination papers or petitions filed, shall file an objector’s petition together with a copy thereof in the principal office or the permanent branch office of the State Board of Elections, or in the office of the election authority or local election official with whom the certificate of nomination, nomination papers or petitions are on file”. Moreover, with respect to 10 ILCS 5/1A-2.1 (from Ch. 46, par. 1A-2.1):“Each member of the State Board of Elections, before entering upon his duties, shall subscribe to the Constitutional oath…” Your charge is great in order to preserve the integrity of our ballot and voter’s rights to a legal and lawful election. I submit therefore that your responsibility and duty is to prohibit and remove from our primary and general election ballot Mr. Willard Mitt Romney, as he is not “legally qualified” to hold the Office of President. One must be a Natural Born Citizen in order to be “legally qualified to hold such an office”. The U.S. Constitution as set forth in Article II Section I Clause V relating to the Office of President: “No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.” We have U.S. Supreme Court precedent establishing Article II Section I with the ruling of Minor v. Happersett, 88 U.S. pg. 167-68 (1875). “Additions might always be made to the citizenship of the United States in two ways: first, by birth, and second, by naturalization. This is apparent from the Constitution itself, for it provides that ‘no person except a natural-born citizen, or a citizen of the United States at the time of the adoption of the Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President,‘ and that Congress shall have power ‘to establish a uniform rule of naturalization.’ Thus new citizens may be born or they may be created by naturalization.

“The Constitution does not, in words, say who shall be natural-born citizens. Resort must be had elsewhere to ascertain that. At common-law, with the nomenclature of which the framers of the Constitution were familiar, it was never doubted that all children born in a country of parents who were its citizens became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also. These were natives, or natural-born citizens, as distinguished from aliens or foreigners. Some authorities go further and include as citizens children born within the jurisdiction without reference to the citizenship of their parents. As to this class there have been doubts, but never as to the first. For the purposes of this case it is not necessary to solve these doubts. It is sufficient for everything we have now to consider that all children born of citizen parents within the jurisdiction are themselves citizens” (emphasis added).

In addition, supporting case law has been adjudicated by the U.S. Supreme Court which confirms and helps define a Natural Born Citizen. 1. The Venus, 12 U.S. 8 Cranch 253 289 (1814): Justice Livingston, who wrote the unanimous decision, quoted the entire §212nd paragraph from the French edition of Vattel: “The citizens are the members of the civil society; bound to this society by certain duties, and subject to its authority, they equally participate in its advantages. The natives or indigenes are those born in the country of parents who are citizens. Society not being able to subsist and to perpetuate itself but by the children of the citizens, those children naturally follow the condition of their fathers, and succeed to all their rights.” 2. Shanks v. Dupont, 28 U.S. 3 Pet. 242 242 (1830): Justice Story, who gave the ruling, cites the principle of citizenship enshrined in his definition of a “natural born citizen”: … she might well be deemed under the circumstances of this case to hold the citizenship of her father, for children born in a country, continuing while under age in the family of the father, partake of his national character as a citizen of that country.

With these supporting lawful and legal precedents it behooves those who have the power and constitutional responsibility to confirm and authenticate if Mitt Romney is legally qualified to be president by virtue of being a Natural Born Citizen. Mitt Romney’s father, George Romney was born in Chihuahua, Mexico in 1907, the son of Gaskell Romney and Anna Amelia Pratt. George Romney came to the U.S. reportedly in the late 1920’s. However, George Romney was a Mexican citizen by birth and this is established by law in the Mexican Constitution – Chapter II:

Article 30. Mexican nationality is acquired by birth or by naturalization:

A. Mexicans by birth are:

I. Those born in the territory of the Republic, regardless of the nationality of their parents:

II. Those born in a foreign country of Mexican parents; of a Mexican father and a foreign mother; or of a Mexican mother and an unknown father.

By virtue of this law, in order for George Romney to have become a U.S. citizen he would have to be naturalized. Moreover, in order for Mitt Romney to be a Natural Born Citizen both of said candidate’s parents would have to be naturalized as U.S. citizens prior to Mitt Romney’s birth. The burden of proof falls upon said candidate to provide the necessary legal and authentic documentation to the veracity of said candidate’s parent(s) being naturalized U.S. citizens before the birth of Mitt Romney’s on March 12, 1947 in Detroit, MI.

www.thepostemail.com...
edit on 17-1-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The Ballot Challenge Continued...

The dates and any legal documentation pertaining to George Romney’s being repatriated or naturalized are crucial in order to determine Mitt Romney’s eligibility as President specifically related to the Natural Born Citizen clause set forth in the U.S. Constitution. The U.S. Nationality Act of 1940 Sect 201, 54 Stat. 1137, provides the law by which a person born outside the U.S. is bound by in order to qualify legally as a U.S. citizen. Therefore if candidate Romney’s parents weren’t lawfully U.S. citizens according to this Act, Mitt Romney is therefore not “legally qualified to hold such an office” as president by virtue of not being a Natural Born Citizen. The Romney’s had purposely left American legal jurisdiction: www.our-genealogy.com... The real legal question is this: Romney’s father was born in Mexico. Under their Constitution, he was a Mexican citizen. If George Romney was naturalized as a U.S citizen, what date was that naturalization obtained?

I, Michael Jackson seek relief by the prohibition of Willard Mitt Romney on the U.S. Presidential ballot; for Mr. Romney to attest to the dates of his father George Romney’s U.S. naturalization with legal and authentic documentation to the veracity of such facts; that any litigation expenses plaintiff incurs will be recovered in full; moreover that my 14th Amendment rights provided in Section 1 of U.S. Constitution are not deprived nor caused to suffer injury.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I would be interested in anyone versed with the laws and court cases cited in this challenge giving an opinion as to their veracity?

Does he have a case?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Great all together ....hey gringo!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by clanger

Is it too soon to also mention that Rick Santorums parents were born in Italy? And Rick has refused to produce his fathers naturalization records?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I say they all need to supply legal docs including obama or they all have to resign or face a 20 million dollar fine

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Mitt can just get the same guy that made Obama's birth certificate. Problem solved.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

The guy raising this issue is clearly a racist.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
This won't affect anything if Mitt is "the chosen one".

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
This is awesome of course citizenship didn't seem to matter with Obama so a president has been set. The bigger issue is why his father was born in Mexico. Mormon leadership hid there polygamist wives in Mexico for years. His polygamist roots should alarm people because inherent in polygamy is deception, they will say one thing for public perception and do the opposite if it benefits the "Kingdom". This has been the case since the beginning of the Mormon Church. Before anyone wants to tell me I don’t know what I'm talking about, I was a member for 30years and spent 5 years in a break off polygamist group. I am well studied in the history. Just because they went mainstream for public appeal does not mean polygamy is not still a part of there doctrine. Just go to section 132 of there own scripture they call The Doctrine & Covenants. I personally don’t care what consenting adults do but his roots in Mormon Leadership and polygamy is suspect if not

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by Indigo5

The guy raising this issue is clearly a racist.

It's hard to believe that the black rockstar who wrote the hit single "black or white" is racist?

Chairman McGuffage,

My name is Michael Jackson. My residence is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. I am a registered voter in the state of IL. I am a constitutionally law abiding U.S. citizen born on U.S. soil.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Quick! Someone go get trump!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

After 73 or so failed lawsuits against Obama, haven't these folks learned? And now they're using this against Mitt Romney? Until birthers can demonstrate that the constitution is explicit, or that SCOTUS had ruled as of late, that you require both parents to be American citizens at birth, you're not going to go anywhere with this.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by Indigo5

Mitt can just get the same guy that made Obama's birth certificate.

The one that Obama, his parents, the Hawaiian health department, and the CIA conspired to forge for him? The 49 year old conspiracy right? (remember, his parents lied to get him listed in the newspaper as well).

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
reply to post by Indigo5

After 73 or so failed lawsuits against Obama, haven't these folks learned? And now they're using this against Mitt Romney? Until birthers can demonstrate that the constitution is explicit, or that SCOTUS had ruled as of late, that you require both parents to be American citizens at birth, you're not going to go anywhere with this.

It's a sect of the birthers...Orly has publicly declared Mitt a "Natural Born Citizen"

This split out the segment (albiet small) that actually believes in the legal premise of birtherism.

It makes for good comedy

Edit to add: And it is rounding up a few Ron Paul supporters cheerleading a little.
edit on 18-1-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

tounge in cheek my friend... calm down

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
where is ron pauls long form birth certificate ?

oh , he's white, sorry forgot

new topics

top topics

join