It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone on the forum heard the so-called groaning sounds, being reported on the Internet?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
To those of you who have commented about explanations and/or skeptics regarding this phenomenon, I have weighed in on a couple here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I also posted on the Youtube video page for each. For the "UFO Emits Terrifying Sound?" video, I even tried to message the owner of the channel that posted it, as he stated he is the director of a UFO disclosure type project (www.youtube.com...) however he will not accept messages unless you are on his contact list.

Here is what I do and suggest: watch the video the first time. Let yourself feel afraid, nervous, scared, whatever. Let your hair stand on end and tingles go all over. Then watch it again. A few times. Take note of what is happening in the video, as well as in the audio. Compare the two and see if you can find any relationship that makes sense. Or anything that doesn't. Compare the textual description given with the video to what you are actually seeing and hearing.

This is easily done in a few minutes and doesn't require any special training or equipment. Use headphones if you have them, stereo ones are better. It makes it easier to appreciate how the sound relates to the video, if it seems to have a direction to it or if it is omnipresent in the recording for example.

By doing this I came to the conclusions posted in the two examples above. Everyone can do it and help weed out the hoaxs and misunderstood known noises to actual unexplained phenomenon.

Personally, I am of the opinion that some of the videos that have popped up are indeed potentially unexplained phenomenon. Some are hoaxes of varying quality.

I get the feeling there is something to the changing magnetosphere relationship theory.

-Tim

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
A few days ago both my dad and myself heard some strange sounds at different times of the day. We both agreed that it sounded like train horns but it was 'off' if you know what I mean. We live about 1/2 a mile from a railroad track and I'm used to hearing the same familiar horns passing by from the north, honking at every street it crosses, usually around 6-7 soundings.

This night it was weird the sound was coming from the south, MUCH MUCH louder than the usual trains, and it was a different pitch. A little higher, and it sounded only 3 times. One after the other, very brief and seemed to echo through the neighborhood. I heard the sound at roughly 6-7am and my dad heard it while I was at work around 1 am.

Could be the strangeness everyone seems to be hearing, or just a different type of train/horn. It definitely spooked me as I had just read about the phenomenon hours before.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I think this thread is valid, since it's directly asking all the ATS users if any of them have PERSONALLY heard the "strange sounds".

I didn't hear it myself, but I believe many users here in ATS actually heard something odd.

My biggest concern about this subject is: HOW LONG the strange sounds last?

It would be nice if people posting here in this thread asked this simple question: For how long have you heard the "strange sounds"? It lasted for how many minutes?

In my opinion, the "key" to decipher this "mystery" is the length of time of the sounds. When the sounds "strike", how long they last?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

I have heard this too, one time, 30 Kilometers south of Amsterdam.

I was walking my dog around 11 in the evening and i heard these sounds. It was like there were cranes and other machines in the sky. Like someone scratching a schoolboard with his fingernails.

It was localised, because it did not come from the whole sky but i heard it coming from up north. So too me it means it was coming from a specific place in the sky and not from everywhere in the sky. Leads me to think something mechanical caused it and not nature itself. If it was nature itself whom was causing it it should come out of the whole sky and not from a specific point.

Never heard it again after that time. Guess it was in October or November 2011

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Hello,I joined today to post my experience dealing with these sounds.
I live in Northern Michigan in the city of Gaylord - About 60 miles south of Mackinaw.
This happened in November of 2011.

I was sleeping and awoke in the middle of night due to this sound,It was a loud roar identical to those in the videos posted on here,Identical. What scared me was it sounded like it was in my house - thats how loud it was,I went outside and it was louder and it seemed to be coming from the sky. I'm someone who does not scare easy but this had me terrified. Unimaginable - It sounded like loud bellowing groans coming from the sky.. I live out in the country and there is absolutely no explanation for this,I've lived here for years and never heard anything like this in my life. I still have no idea what the explanation is behind the sound,But I'll tell you - I never want to experience it again. It scared the daylights out of me. I've talked with my brother who lives in Vanderbilt Mi. - He also heard it in the middle of the night about 1 week after my experience.

Hearing those videos brings me back and sends a chill down my spine. I don't know if every one of those videos are real but I know at least one is because I heard that sound.

Take care
Joe

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join