It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt Gingrich: "Let's allow terrorist attacks to happen." - Ron Paul ad

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I'm not American, but does this not somehow qualify as treason / sedition? To advocate attacks (of any kind, much less those on civilians) on one's own country...?

Can someone knowledgeable on US statutes governing treason look into this, please?

I mean, if leaking a few cables that did little more than reveal the lies we all know we're being fed equates to treason then...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
That SOB should be arrested under NDAA and sent to Abu Grahib.

Him and countless others... Romney, Graham, Levin, Bush, Rumsfeld, Clinton, Obama, Cheney, Yoo, Corzine, Bernanke, Geithner, Greenspan, Kissinger, lots of these scum need to see justice.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

wow....

i know it was a false flag and this guys is bought...

wow

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Newt's over. He's about to be blindsided by wife #2. It couldn't happen to a nicer chump.

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

It's not an admission from the government that they believe God wants to have sex with you if a Mormon says he believes this.

Why would you think any different of this?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I'm sort of confused by your post.

Could you elaborate for us?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Wow 7 pages. I love RP as much as the next guy, but this video was taken way out of context (refer to my post in page 2) , and where Ginrich says "it's almost as if we should allow them to get through once in a while" (something like that, I watched the vid over 9 hours ago) he is saying that sarcastically, and people in the audience laugh. It was distasteful in my opinion, but you cannot come to the conclusion he was being sincere from this video.

I am also glad to see that Ron Paul didn't actually endorse a video like this. If you take bits and pieces out of someone's speech, you can make them say anything you want.
edit on 18-1-2012 by theshepherd2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
we need to get this ad airtime.. it could do away with newt overnight. DONATE RonPaul2012.com

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
NEWT is a woman in a mans body

he walks like dolly pardon and looks like a old white headed woman who likes to talk about the civil war and eat slices of raw apple

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
How is anyone but Ron Paul getting votes!? Im australian and our tv is flooded with romney bullpoo, because we are basically americana these days, you never ever see ron paul. Which is ridiculous. What the hell and wheres the heaven?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

If someone from the government says something, it's best both not to trust him on his word, as well as not to trust his word as the word of the whole government.
edit on 19-1-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by something wicked

The point was made that this ad may not be officially endorsed by Paul. I was trying to discuss the content more than the connection to RP 2012.

I agree that the context of anyone's statements are important, and should be taken into account before making judgement. From what I can tell, this video was not edited in a way to exclude information that would change the context of his statements.

If you can provide information to the contrary, I would be grateful if you would add it to this thread. I have not been able to find such information and considering Newts history of making stupid/outrageous comments I am willing to believe that he made this statement and the context is up to the viewer to interpret.

I'm not sure how you can say any of the above based purely and simply on that video. Almost if not every sentence is a separate edit with no context to the question or sentence that precedes it or follows it. If you really don't see that than that I love Ron Paul headband is slipping down over your eyes again.

The fact it says Ron Paul 2012 is important if you think it is or not. It means that it was made by a(nother) obsessive looking to score points against his opponents by placing specific sentences in a video without allowing the viewer to understand the context in which they were made.

I've no skin in this, but I know if the same thing was done with Ron Pauls comments (legalise drugs, prostitution etc.) then some people on here would be calling for the creator of the video to have an appointment with noose ASAP.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I was at that event when he said that i STOMPED on the floor and said

I LOVE APPLE PIE AND RED NECK WOMAN

edit on 19-1-2012 by Josh342 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
i can't wait until everyone votes for Ron Paul and he turns out to be a terrible president. 4 years from now everyone will be saying the same stuff they say aboutObama today.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

Another member added the unedited video, and I still had issue with his comments. It's all in the eye of the beholder I guess.

Some people believe he was trying to be humorous, others believe it was a moment of honesty and insight into an elitist's train of thought.

I do support Ron Paul's candidacy. I will not deny it, but I believe that comment you quoted left the conversation open for opposing facts and opinions.

Please re-read my statement that you quoted. I don't think I could be any more open to the subject.

Thanks!

reply to post by canoland

May I inquire as to whom you support then? Who is your man/woman?
edit on 19-1-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join