It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt Gingrich: "Let's allow terrorist attacks to happen." - Ron Paul ad

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

No no there is no terrorism the evil Right wingers are just fear and warmongers

You make that ignorant statement as if it is dichotomous choice.

There is terorism and right wingers are fear and warmongers.

The Neo-Conservatives are the Miltary Industrial complex's greatest supporter....not to be confused with supporting our Military...or our troops.

Invading countries that had nothing to do with 9-11, like Iraq, under literally false and disproven claims is Neo-Conservatism in it's purist evolved state.

The choice is not War or no War...It is not endless war or pacificist surrender.

How about we only invade countries that are stupid enough to attack us? Save a Trillion dollars here and there and thousands of lives.

The GOP is already laying the groundwork to make Iran an Iraq remix. All they need is a tool like Romney. They might not even bother hoaxing evidence this time.

What utter reality disconnect.
edit on 18-1-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by candcantiques
reply to post by neo96

Yes people DO need a reminder. Let me ask this. If you found a nest of killer bees in your backyard would you just let it be or would you call someone out to kill them.

There are terrorists all over the world that want to kill us but people like Ron Paul dont want us to kill the bees (terrorists). Leave the bees alone they say. They have a right to be left alone. So the nest grows larger and larger till someone DIES. YES people NEED a reminder.

One major issue with your metaphor.

In real life, that 'nest of killer bees' is on the other side of the world.

So essentially you are wanting to kill a nest of bees that is over 10,000 miles away.
Pretty extreme and pointless if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I guess you forgot that airplanes that they used to both get here in our back yard and attack us with. In this world 10,000 miles IS our backyard but let them grow and get stronger and fly here at will. I hope the next attack doesnt affect YOUR family.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Yawn

Really now fear and war mongers describes the party in power holding 2/3s of the Federal Government who are going around killling brown people at the moment and expanding its power to start fighting in the streets here.

That is not the right no matter how people claim it is when they control only 1/3 of Government.

Yawn

The Military Industrial Complex? Hilarious when they are made in China and Europe.

Sorry i forgot this was a thread to just bash those evil righties when the other side of that coin is worse.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

"How about we only invade only countries that are stupid enough to attack us?" Really? isnt that kind of like saying...

We know where the murderer is but the person that owns the house didnt do anything wrong so we should NOT go in and get the murderer.

Talk about a disconnect

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Yes people DO need a reminder. Let me ask this. If you found a nest of killer bees in your backyard would you just let it be or would you call someone out to kill them.

A more appropriate metaphor would be if your neighbor has a nest of bees in their backyard and you hopped the fence, swatted the nest once or twice to rile them up and then burnt your neighbors house to the ground.

Or how about if you imagined your neighbor had a nest of bees that wasn't really there and you just decided to burn his house down and expand your backyard?

Again..Not liking a country is not cause to invade. Right now terrorists around the world spend a lot of time squinting up into the sky before they leave the house and that is how it should be, lest their car or home spontaneously explodes from a drone attack before they can say WTF.

But sending hundreds of thousands of troops in harms way? Spending trillions of dollars in invasions, occupations and failed "Nation Building"??? To hunt folks that by definition have no country they belong too?

Crap...Where was Osama Bin Laden killed again? How many troops did it take to find and kill him?

While I might disagree with some of his nonsense, In my opinion, our current POTUS has been a MUCH better Commander than his predecessor.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by candcantiques

This is called the Monday Night Football effect. You have a team. I have a team. Frankly, I don't care what you say about my team (candidate) because I want them to win at any cost. Just like you don't care what I have to say about your team, for the same reason.

My point is, if someone already wants Newt to win the GOP nomination this video will do absolutely nothing to stop their desires. Likewise, if a voter is on the fence this video will simply add to the long list of Newt's "misstatements" and fall directly into the thinking, can he beat Obama(?). The reality is that whether entirely truthful or not, this video changes nothing about a man who has a long, documented career in politics and private industry.

I get what you're saying about some people walking away from this not understanding the context, but then again there's no excuse for being stupid and playing Monday Night Football with lives and war. (I'm calling the uninformed "stupid" not you).

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

"How about we only invade only countries that are stupid enough to attack us?" Really? isnt that kind of like saying...

We know where the murderer is but the person that owns the house didnt do anything wrong so we should NOT go in and get the murderer.

Talk about a disconnect

You need to either watch the news or study recent history depending on how old you are.

The "murderer" who attacked us was in Afghanistan's "House"...we knocked once and they refused to give him up, we invaded and toppled the government there...and while we were beating the crap out of the owner of the house for the next decade the murderer left years ago and went next door.

Next door...instead going next door and beating on the owner for another decade at a cost of a trillion dollars and thousands of lives...we didn't knock and simply sat across the street with a sniper rifle and waited for the idiot to pass in front of a window.

The idea of invading any country where terrorists are holed up in some corner is retarded.

The killing of Osama Bin laden in Abbotobad is precisely how we shuld be hunting these guys.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Yup drone planes can do it all by themselves and we can run them remotely from right here in the USA. NOT! There needs to be an infrastructure OVER THERE to fly the planes, maintain the planes, fuel the planes and on and on and on. PLUS the planes cannot go IN houses or IN caves or IN tunnels. So there must be boots on the ground and there must be more boots to take care of the troops that are fighting. Gotta feed them and cloth them and repair vehicles. Yea it takes THOUSANDS.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This video is for the good person that NEWT is ...

PRO AMERICAN ..YE HAA

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

Yup drone planes can do it all by themselves and we can run them remotely from right here in the USA. NOT! There needs to be an infrastructure OVER THERE to fly the planes, maintain the planes, fuel the planes and on and on and on. PLUS the planes cannot go IN houses or IN caves or IN tunnels. So there must be boots on the ground and there must be more boots to take care of the troops that are fighting. Gotta feed them and cloth them and repair vehicles. Yea it takes THOUSANDS.

This pretty much tells me that you don't understand what you are talking about. Drones and Special Forces do not require occupation, invasion and thousands of troops. They simply require a launch point, whether it be a nearby friendly nation or a Navy vessel offshore.

Your post is innacurate enough where I find it more strange than wrong.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Just wanted to clarify, this is not an official Ron Paul campaign video.

Still good though.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
Let me get this straight:

Mitt Romney supports the indefinite detainment of American citizens. (he's essentially Obama's clone)
Rick Santorum supports bombing Iran into oblivion and continuing the war propaganda.
Rick Perry says we need to go back to Iraq. (and he backed down on the TSA)
Newt Gingrich says terrorist attacks are a good thing!

And they say Ron Paul is the crazy unelectable one????

Mitt Romney is Mitt the Ripper

Romney got a nasty record at Bain
When Romney was at Bain he was a deceptive and greedy man with Wall Street connections who made his money destroying viable companies, eliminating jobs of hard-working people while getting rich himself.
Movie about his time at Bain:

Also, The largest corporate donor in 2008 to both Obama and Mitt Romney was Goldman Sachs, and it paid off really well for Goldman. They got $12.9 billion just for the AIG-related bailout, and continue to receive many other favors as well. When the US government buys its own bonds, it buys them through Goldman and pays a commission.

So you see, Mitt Romney is the most unelectable candidate ever
Maybe I should make a thread with that title
edit on 18-1-2012 by conar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Newt has to be 120 years old ..

His hair needs a white color to keep it white lol

He needs to put his hair in a bun like all those 99 year old ladies who only like white people have and talk rude to people .

Like ur average GRANNY !!!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Yeah, and I'll be pretty much safe anyway. I'll probably get struck by lightning before getting blown up or anyone I know getting blown up. What am I going to be reminded of? That I have to be afraid? I think not. Newt fail; government fail. I'd rather a few happen and take the relatively minor personal risk than to give up basic freedoms and have the far, far greater personal risk from government attacks.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by spacekc929

If I have to choose between Obama and Newt, Obama all the way. But it would hurt.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Government should be afraid of the people. People should not be afraid of the government.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Best damn pro-Paul post I have read yet. To the point and factual.
If only more American's actually looked at it this way.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

The government is afraid of the people, that's why it behaves like it does and subjects it's citizens to so much violating behavior and policies.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoonyConservative
reply to post by sheepslayer247

how is Ron Paul any better? he says we brought 9/11 on ourselves... Ron Paul is the bigger nut. He is willing to be friends with the current Iranian regime, and make it easier for youths to get their hands on drugs. thats the only reason he has the young vote, " wooo legalized drugs, GO RON PAUL!" thats all I see

Allow me to help you out on this. Ron Paul didn't say we caused it. He said that the people that did it, think that.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join