It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martian Meteorite

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Scientists Confirm Rocks Fell From Mars

This is only the fifth time in history scientists have chemically confirmed Martian meteorites that people witnessed falling. The fireball was spotted in the sky six months ago, but the rocks weren't discovered on the ground in North Africa until the end of December.

Tony Irving of the University of Washington did the scientific analysis on the rocks and said there is no doubt they are from the red planet. Several of the world's top experts in meteorites told The Associated Press that they, too, are convinced.

A Martian meteorite that was buried in Antarctica made news in 1996. NASA scientists theorized the rock showed traces of life from Mars. Even the White House declared it the first sign of life outside of Earth. Years of study since then have led much of the astronomy world to conclude there was insufficient evidence to support the claim.

Wouldn't it be something if earth was "seeded" by microorganisms from Mars? Instead of earthlings, we'd be martians! Instead of looking to the stars for alien life all we'd have to do is look at ourselves.

Scientists Confirm Rocks Fell From Mars

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This could be one of the ways life arrived on earth. You never know.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LonelyGuy
This could be one of the ways life arrived on earth. You never know.

Right. I think this is described as Panspermia.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Ahh- like the plot in Mission to Mars. Great concept, horrible movie. It would certainly throw the planetary populous into chaos if it were the case.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum Logic
Ahh- like the plot in Mission to Mars. Great concept, horrible movie. It would certainly throw the planetary populous into chaos if it were the case.

Wouldn't that be great! HEADLINE: Alien life found on earth...humans, er, I mean martians...I mean earthings! Ah!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

You beat me to the thread by 5 minutes
www.abovetopsecret.com...

S + F for you because it's a great topic and your fingers were faster than mine

.....and both of our threads are about a different aspect of the meteorites.

edit on 17-1-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Lol I'll check out yours! Good story my friend! S&F for you too!

top topics

join