It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown "Giant Sea Dragon" Caught in Japanese Fisherman's Nets?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Ok, so this looks like circa 1970's anyone known anything bout this? There is this video on it:

Looks like some kind of prehistoric creature to me, that maybe isn't so prehistoric?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Thats a old one!! Many times explained as a decomposing whale or basking shark.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Already seen and discarded...scientist have determined it was probably a shark, because decomposition leads to the same general physique.

paleo.cc...

Note: the shark comparison is near the bottom of the page.

edit on CTuesdaypm181850f50America/Chicago17 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

edit on CTuesdaypm000051f51America/Chicago17 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Its not hard to believe there is something like thisout there, seeming as we've only discovered something like .5% of the oceans. I remember a few years ago they discovered a new species of dolphin that only lived in some lakes and rivers around Melbourne, which is highly populated.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I saw that before. I believe they came to the conclusion that is was a mega-mouth shark. My guess is it is a basking shark. Or maybe a Cadborosaurus

www.cryptomundo.com...
www.youtube.com...
edit on 17-1-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

It is Japan, so the next logical answer other than a whale or shark is the all mighty Hedorah!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
people are so quick to dismiss it as something common that we all know of, but come on now, it might be what all the others say it is, but we should not count out the fact that it could be some unknown species or some thought to be extinct species. I believe it is something other than a shark or whale myself. But I like to think outside the box on these things...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Unfortunately they didn't keep the corpse.
I'd love to have seen some real testing done on it. It's easy to write something like that off as a basking shark corpse, but that doesn't necessarily mean that's what it is.
I'd love to believe that it's a plesiosaur or something similar...

but we'll never know now.

top topics

join