It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antartica 2012

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
it's possible that HP Lovecraft was right about the alien beings in antartica. dwelling in their ancient cities of stone.

www.dagonbytes.com...

The effect was that of a Cyclopean city of no architecture known to man or to human imagination, with vast aggregations of night-black masonry embodying monstrous perversions of geometrical laws. There were truncated cones, sometimes terraced or fluted, surmounted by tall cylindrical shafts here and there bulbously enlarged and often capped with tiers of thinnish scalloped disks; and strange beetling, table-like constructions suggesting piles of multitudinous rectangular slabs or circular plates or five-pointed stars with each one overlapping the one beneath. There were composite cones and pyramids either alone or surmounting cylinders or cubes or flatter truncated cones and pyramids, and occasional needle-like spires in curious clusters of five. All of these febrile structures seemed knit together by tubular bridges crossing from one to the other at various dizzy heights, and the implied scale of the whole was terrifying and oppressive in its sheer gigantism. The general type of mirage was not unlike some of the wilder forms observed and drawn by the arctic whaler Scoresby in 1820, but at this time and place, with those dark, unknown mountain peaks soaring stupendously ahead, that anomalous elder-world discovery in our minds, and the pall of probable disaster enveloping the greater part of our expedition, we all seemed to find in it a taint of latent malignity and infinitely evil portent.

-subfab

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSleepCreep

Exactly, And when they found it, It most likely thawed out, probably not in the greatest of moods as R.J. MacReady said in "The Thing".

Oh and uh, TheSleepCreep tag is classic. That almost beats SheopleNation.

~SheopleNation

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josh342
they want to stick some metal in the ice to make it toxic

Why do you keep repeating this? What evidence do you have of this? Really? Seriously? Come on, dude.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by klhbrown

Because he / she registered today in order to spread disinformation. Which basically reveals that the masters of puppets don't like this subject being discussed. Sometimes the answer is much more simple than the question. That's why the liars have the Lake Vostok Russian base brushed out on Google Earth. Read between the Lies my friend, read between the Lies.
~SheopleNation

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I know there will be new species discovered within the depths of the lake. It will be an exciting journey into the unknown.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Truthrevealed77

Most likely it will be micro, which we have already discovered by drilling there and in the North Pole as well. Unless the warmth of this lake is true, I doubt anything mind boggling will be discovered. However if it is true, then we very well could find something interesting. It's exciting without a doubt.

My problem though with this hope is that they won't be mammals because of the lack of oxygen found at such a depth within that either heated / frozen environment. What we really need is perfectly preserved Dinosaurs where they still have their flesh frozen to their bones. I am not buying that this Lake is 65' degrees until I hear some scientific proof otherwise. ~SheopleNation

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I find this SO interesting. Who knows what could be down there or what we could learn.
I am definitely on board with the worry about some sort of superbug that we have no immunity to though. Yikes.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Great thread OP!!!! Thanks

So why do they have to wait till December? Its the middle of summer in the southern hemisphere at the moment. Or, will their work in December lead to the Earths demise that the Mayans and so many others speak of?

Honestly though, this has all sparked my interest. The possisbilities that could be down there are limitless. Most likely there will be some sort of anti-climax to it all, but i really hope not. I will be watching this thread with keen interest

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I'm sorry but people crack me up, like in saying oh well, they won't find anything strange, don't people relize we are living a Outer Limits role, Twilight Zone, man this is wild how ever you look at it. We are on a ball floating in some giant unknown thing, and we don't know what the heck will happen next.

Being born into this and living it has made it all to normal, everyone is lax, oh just another boring day In the Dam Outer Limits Twilight Zone.

That metallic thing might just be the control room for the Star Trek off dimensional test zone.

Man just shut up and let me enjoy the colors man, the colors, they sound so wild.

God goina Gita. See all the fools on this place, Oh say can you seeee bye the Dawns early light, The as holes exploding in such a bloodied sight.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
What if the reason they are drilling is because Antartica could have been the lost continent of 'atlantis' before the poles shifted in 10,500BC? Imagine what info/technology you could find preserved down there if there are remnants/cities of that lost and possibly more advanced civilization?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Great thread. I agree with the "microbial life" "bacteria" theory. I just hope it's not the Zombie Apocalypse variety.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth42012
What if the reason they are drilling is because Antartica could have been the lost continent of 'atlantis' before the poles shifted in 10,500BC? Imagine what info/technology you could find preserved down there if there are remnants/cities of that lost and possibly more advanced civilization?
Be careful what you hope for.
Oh my God I'm home, All this time It was, we really finally did it, You Maniacs, Dam you! Dam you all to hell!
Something like that.
edit on 18-1-2012 by googolplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I went digging through my bookmarks for stuff I collected awhile back on a thread I did elsewhere and came across this..It might add something to the discussion on Antarctica. The place is just going to be full of revelations, IMO.

There are mountains the size of the European Alps in Antarctica, but you can’t see them. In fact, they weren’t even discovered until the 1950s. How can you hide mountains reaching nearly 15,000 feet high? Try a three mile layer of ice on top.

Given the fact that the Gamburtsev Mountains are hidden, they have earned themselves the nickname “Ghost” Mountains, but what the history of these mountains has long puzzled scientists. Now, researchers from the British Antarctic Survey and a team of international scientists believe they have solved mystery of mountains that they say are just about 250 million years old, according to BBC.

and finally the best part..

Next, the researchers seek to drill inside the mountain, hoping to analyze air bubbles that could provide details about the past environment.
Source

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
thanks for this man! bookmarking to read when i get home from work.. will post back with my opinion later!

cheers for sharing mate!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Atlantis is exactly the reason why. though why they allowed mainstream crews to engage in drilling/mining activities there to begin with is more trivial to me, considering they knew this hundreds of years in advance. australia is sitting on the same techtonic plate as atlantis. what there is to discover there is a matter of time, by design believe it or not. This scenario is far from standard where we may find ancient relics; decayed primitive artefacts, ruins etc... different in that certain technological devices (input/ouput interface) were placed there with intentions for them to be functional after the ice (acting as a preserving shield/safe-guard) melted away completely. emphasizing again the importance of time. the Atlatians were far advanced, arguably the most advanced next to the mayans. This was the route taken that ensured we humans didnt screw anything up prematurely. afterall, they did join the mayans in mass exodus to another plane/dimension last time the precession took place. that's how they survived it.

with what i know and have been informed of from The most trustworthy and knowledgable of sources, the relics that lay dormant there has plenty to do with reinstating "operations" to continue (fast forward to the present) with the new task at hand i.e. regenerating earth following impending catastrophies and spurts of geological transformation.

The devices are extraordinary and quite multifaceted in that a particular technology can be applied to produce a smorgasboard of varying results, as one example, the capability of producing lush and healthy life quite rapidly in extreme and i dare say almost god-forsaken conditions. It is not guaranteed whether they will return with the intentions of resuming their evolution with such influence as they once had, at least not from the word go, therefore we may find excitement in the fact that they've made it easy for us to decipher such interfacing mechanisms for us to use.
they ensured we had avenues to turn to for help as nations recover from imminent damages about to be rendered to the earth by those races and individuals that have already- and will again- yielding every monstrous weapon available to ensure our human seed does not continue.

hardcore discussions, needless to say such topics require a mention or ten here and there to indicate its place in the bigger picture, the short version is that we are in the middle of an ancient war still occuring. we are in the middle being held hostage thinking that what weve been seeing is some kind of exclusively vendetta between the elite and the masses. incorrect. they just wanted to ensure we had some leverage on our side. love thrives even in solid ice would you belive it.

buried in antarctica is a sacred city of real human heritage untarnished and waiting to be restored in perfect condition as it was many many sunrises and sunsets ago. It will most likely become a station of sorts for civilizatons to check in. stargate? maybe... well, yes and no though the universe does operate on a binary system and id say if there are elements of a starry nature residing in antarctica , it would be some kind of direct addressing and transportation system (think of an evolved ipv4 vs ipv6 on a gigantic scale) - not to be confused with dematerialization- i mean yikes we're talking many multiplexed multiverses away not just a simple change of resonant frequency from hertzian to infra or xray...

rather like an allignment of several of the same energy grids into one circuit linking dimensions together so they/you dont have to be spiritually-evolved in order to be capable interdimensional travel. at this level we're at, hertzian, we usually must shed our flesh in death before moving on, except via spiritual enlightment. I'd say youve got the right to let your imaginations run wild because after 2012 the "communications" superhighway without borders or lanes will emerge and its only natural to infer that anything we can get our hands on thats beyond our time in evolution, surely must have ties in communications and broadened perceptions, as they do play a major role in our advancement at this stage.

i better shut up now.

my 2 cents.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthIncarnate

Being highly imaginative, I would say it's the location of the famed Garden of Eden before the first humans were kicked out and decided to trek northward in search of the next best thing.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Why dont they just build a pressure door at the end of the drill hole so that when it is breached they can equalize the pressure as they would upon entering a sub !

Anyways would be cool to find out if those extremophile bacteria are there and what else maybe there !
especially that big disk , I think its radioactive hence the heat in the lake !

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
What if the lake contaminates us? Or some leviathan kraken creature pops out and eats their face off.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
brilliant thread was very interesting...you know how some hollywood movies 'portray' the future? well i was kinda thinking....just maybe, that this metallic object is actually a robot some how resting or trapped here.... unbelievable

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthIncarnate

Fascinating stuff OP! There is still so much we don't know about our own planet and it's discoveries like this and the potential of what could be down there that really drives the mind!
I wont draw any conclusions about the metallic anomaly as the evidence isn't there yet.
Whatever type of life they find or what remnants of life they find, will still be a remarkable achievement, even if it is "just microbes". The divergent evolution that these life forms may have undergone, can hopefully, assist us in understanding our own evolution. I will be keeping an eye out for more on this story as the year progresses.
Regards,
RogueTraveller

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join