It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The return of Jesus: How can we know for sure it's not an alien conquest?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
it's like falling in love

"you'll know"

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by benrl
...if you follow the bible and not some "religion" or organization you should be fine...

Just curious but if one is a follower of the bible, does that include the crazy or misunderstood parts?

Give me an example, one of the problems is people try to understand the Bible in modern terms leaving out the historical perspective.

No, thank you but I simply cannot be fkd doing that. I don't care what historical significance the crazy bible parts have - they are still crazy and still in the bible. There are so many psychotic, zealous fools that call themselves christians who behave and speak arrogantly as though they can understand the book and calmly tell people if you follow the bible you'll be fine. What parts? All of it? Every single word?

Garfee, you are closing your mind, check out Biblical archeology, check out the wisdom teaching and philosophical content of the Biblical text, to me it is a story of past , present, and future,

You don't have to believe in god to find valuable knowledge in the Bible.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

As I understand it, it won't be something anyone can call anyone else a sucker for believing...incontrovertible is the proper term, I believe.

I see.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

reply to post by squizzy

When I see or hear the words,"true believers" I immediately think of cults, not a savior of humanity.

Christianity - you're doing it wrong.

I understand, it's a mess,

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Stormdancer777,

Thanks for defending my post and others against the non-believers. The OP clearly is a Christian or wouldn't of bothered starting this thread and it's clearly directed towards us Christians for answers. So I just don't understand why non-believers are even taking the time to click on and post. Thanks again, my friend.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

I simply mean a true believer in the bible. You do not have to follow any particular religion to believe in what is written. People seem to believe if you take notice from the bible then you are automatically a Christian, I do not agree, you can call yourself whatever you like they are just sects, groups, like minded people etc that use a name to identify their *way of practice*. I really just mean people who believe in the written words as being fact.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I have an open mind mate, I'm only saying that there is some crazy sht in that book and everyone reads it differently. I find other parts wise or beautiful but that does not mean I will blindly ignore the insane parts.

What I'm quite rightfully asking is who out there can actually read the bible and come up with the right answer to this threads question?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I have an open mind mate, I'm only saying that there is some crazy sht in that book and everyone reads it differently. I find other parts wise or beautiful but that does not mean I will blindly ignore the insane parts.

What I'm quite rightfully asking is who out there can actually read the bible and come up with the right answer to this threads question?

It's a riddle on purpose for you to interpret and believe how you wish. Hence, it's a test I guess you could say. As long as you believe in the Word and try to live by it is all that matters my friend.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

You will know because you will be balling like a baby not quite understanding how a Holy Righteous Perfect God could forgive you accept you and love you at incomprehensible levels no matter what you have thought said or done.

I dont care what science can do with brain chemistry sound waves EMFs ELFs etc.

Trust me...you will know.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

So if it's really Jesus it will be a bit of a cry-fest?
I'm not sure it says He will forgive everyone (but He might, your guess is as good as anyone's).

I guess He'll also forgive all those pastors who manipulate people with emotions, while giving themselves titles, running churches and collecting tithes without any New Testament validation of their activities.
If it's the real Jesus, they'll have reasons to cry.
However, they might also come in handy for Jesus or the aliens, since they know mind control and how to extract money and confessions from people.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

His army of the undead alone will be enough to draw tears from the strongest character.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Hi Garfee, I thought you might find this interesting, all I am trying to say is don't throw the baby out with the bath water,

www.biblicalarchaeology.org...

Example,

While uncovering an impressive destruction level dating to the second half of the ninth century B.C.E., when Gath was the largest of the five cities of the Philistines and perhaps the largest city in the Land of Israel during the Iron Age, excavators found an exceptionally well preserved horned altar reminiscent of the Israelite horned altars described in the Bible (Exodus 27:1–2; 1 Kings 1:50).

The horned altar stands nearly 3.5 feet high and measures just over 1.5 feet on each side. These dimensions more or less match the dimensions given in the Bible (Exodus 30:2) for the Israelite incense altar of the Tabernacle (though this altar shows no signs of having been used to burn incense). Moreover, the decorative features of the altar, including its horns and the groove and raised band of the base, are similar to Israelite altars described in the Bible (Exodus 27:2), as well as other Iron Age altars that have been found throughout the southern Levant.

But why does this altar have only two horns, when we know from the Bible and excavated examples that the altars of both the Israelites and, later, the Philistines, typically had four horns?**

edit on 033131p://bThursday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm

The Russians claimed back in the early 90s that the US could now impersonate god. You may be more correct in what you said than you realize. It was in a national newspaper at the time.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I think the second coming of Christ will be within our own hearts and it is happening now, here a little, there a little, people are beginning to 'see' the Messiah returns to them, here within the Heart of us, one to one, each at his own time.

We are the sons of God, the second coming of Christ is when we remember who we are.

The Christ Light is our Divine DNA. The Messiah comes again in a ver personal way---it happens between you and God alone.

It won't happen out there in the collective, objective tangible world. No 'man' will show up in the material form sense of things.

This time the Christ returns in Spirit to each of us, alone, only between you and God. It arrives Here in the Heart and Mind, deep within our own Heart and being.

You'll know it when it happens. You will be changed greatly by it; It will be as if you are born again, free from fear, at peace, innocent, childlike, tender and understanding.

You will know. Keep the Faith and Trust in God alone.

I think it is happening in growing numbers now. We are beginning to look like pop corn in a big pan on the fire---now that the heat has been on for some time, and the flame is turned up high, we are all reaching the point where each kernel begins popping at once. The Christ is coming to each of us, individually, and recognized each in our own way.

You will feel a stirring within your being, and then this Child of God will begin to grow and bloom in your Heart and fill your Spirit and the Christ child of God will take your hand and lead you and walk with you and guide you safely through this world---you will know it as Grace when It comes to you. But, however you know It, you will Know for sure and without doubt. It is already within you, just nurture It's presence with Love and Faith.

edit on 19-1-2012 by Sweetmystery because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I would say that if Jesus returns there will be music like harps and choirs playing in the background and he will be floating around on a cloud smiling at everyone with light beaming out of his hands and stuff, and there'll be doves and butterflies fluttering about and stuff, the weather will be nice and sunny too. I'm not sure if Jesus will be ethnically correct, Americans think he'll be white, but he'll probably be kind of dark skinned like people from the middle east, but as long as he's around 5'9" and not green it's Jesus.

If aliens invade there will be kind of loud marching music like Darth Vader's theme tune in Empire Strikes Back playing in the background, and they will be zapping everything with lasers and stuff, you'll be alerted by lots of noisy stuff like hysterical women screaming and loads of explosions and stuff, it will probably be dark or at least an overcast day, it might even be raining.

It's really that simple.
edit on 19-1-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Jesus-scale miracles would be possible for offworld civilizations. See several episodes of TNG to learn more, but especially the one with the "Satan" chick who signs a contract delivering a whole planet into ecnomic slavery. Devil's Due, season 4 (yes I looked it up).

Anyway I agree with the David Letterman thing. They may try to float somebody like that but the answers will tell a lot.

Originally posted by halfoldman
So if it's really Jesus it will be a bit of a cry-fest?

Here is what I think will happen if had to guess and not being a prophet.

Jesus will in the end, simply steal all the weapons. I think he's like that, he enjoys the items of Kings and priests being used against them. And since it's an age of tyranny, I expect he'll simply float all the ships away, up up into the blue sky. Then, together, all these stolen ships and aircraft carriers and artillery items will magically form up into a super-Voltron-esque battle platform/throne.

Yes, so if you take a 3d program and make a tiny little 3d model of every and all aircraft, warship, and armored fighting vehicle, and that'd be some number of thousands of elements in the global armory, and then take all of those items and form them into some cool buddha looking amalgamation up in the sky, that's where Jesus will have his domain. You know like Superman but with destroyers he stole from the nations of the world, instead of icicles and snow.

At the center, Jesus would be. Inside his Voltron domain, it's super chill, like austere but you know, still cool like Ikea. Also, he could rain down hells death at any time, since he basically weapon-jacked Earth and took all their gear so he becomes the de facto King of Earth. Yeah.

So anyway then OP, the question is, if Jesus does form up massive structure/throne like this, and it happens this way, will you think that aliens helped him do it?

Personally when and if this comes about, like if the Letterman interview goes down, obviously the question will come up, "Can you do miracles" and one would expect Letterman Jesus to deflect the question as when he went to his home town and they tried to throw him off a cliff since he wouldn't do miracles for them. He obviously can't just do a honest ta goodness miracle cause that defeats free will. How the hell is anyone going to be offered an option to disbelieve (which is the essence of free will) if he does triple standing backflips and produces fish from his hands on TV?? Even then, if the camera zooms way way in, I suppose some could disbelieve, but myself if Letterman Jesus does a miracle, I'd expect people to genuflect but I'd have to raise an eyebrow though he be miraculous.

Because see, the other Letterman Jesus kinda deflects it and says, "No, that's not how this world works today." And of course there has to be always the overwhelming idea in the audience's mind that, "No, this isn't Jesus, but I like what he's saying tho!"

That's what I think will happen. Letterman Jesus will not do a miracle, but sure, he will discuss aliens. Naturally someone is going to mention how the last true Pharaoh of Egypt painted his daughters' heads to look like aliens. I mean, isn't it said that Jesus was "The greater Moses?" Then surely we must also ask about Moses in the time of the Thutmoseses right? I suppose maybe they'll announce that "junk DNA" is now super special alien DNA or something.

Anyway that's how I would imagine it. He steals the weapons of the world and floats them up into his super mega throne of peace, but I see him as sort of just putting the toys back in the toybox and then peacefully and gently doing little to nothing, up there in his domain. I mean, we would all have to know, that Jesus has arrived, and the meek will inherit the Earth. But does that mean Jesus will employ the meek? Hmm, this remains to be seen I suppose. But I bet he'd be the coolest boss ever and not have concentration camps or crap like that. My .02 anyway. But like any boss, he will probably do whatever he wants, probably will have rocketship or superman flight belt or some wack azz gear like Batman.

Oh and as for the crying thing, I do have this strange sensation that in the future, this Jesus fellow or whomever, will have houses of grief, built all over the Earth. These will be simple austere church where there is no sermon. People simply go inside to grieve with others. It's kinda like one step back from the suicide booth of Futurama fame, it's the "extreme sadness crying out your ass" congregation that is required, "if we are to heal the hurts done to this planet." is how I would expect him to phrase it. I mean I'm speaking for him in this, but yeah, your idea of a "cry fest" seems right with this notion I have of how he'd be.

Anyway, I guess we may never know. But its fun to imagine things. Like David Letterman being relevant again, that's fun to imagine. Obviously it'd have to be some interviewer. Maybe Rupaul??

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by benrl
...if you follow the bible and not some "religion" or organization you should be fine...

Just curious but if one is a follower of the bible, does that include the crazy or misunderstood parts?

Give me an example, one of the problems is people try to understand the Bible in modern terms leaving out the historical perspective.

No, thank you but I simply cannot be fkd doing that. I don't care what historical significance the crazy bible parts have - they are still crazy and still in the bible. There are so many psychotic, zealous fools that call themselves christians who behave and speak arrogantly as though they can understand the book and calmly tell people if you follow the bible you'll be fine. What parts? All of it? Every single word?

I am surprised the answer has remained hidden. This is an easy question: You will know by the fruits of their labor.

The anti-Christ will rule for it's own benefit, while the Messiah will rule for the benefit of those being ruled.

So the question truly boils down to: how do you tell the difference between a good and a bad parent?
Because as a species we are perpetual children. Never truly living long enough to reach any degree of maturity. Such is the price for quicker adaptability, it is what it is.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Interesting topic. As a Christian, allow me to offer my ideas on this. First off, the Bible states that when Jess comes back, the first time, the body of believers will be caught up in the air with him. To those left behind, it will be as though they vanished. So, being taken up would be a pretty good clue. And yes, there is that bit about knowing Him. It's a spiritual thing, that I can't explain if you don't believe. Call it a recognition, on a spiritual level. Sort of like the way you can sometimes tell a person isn't really nice. This would be far deeper, and more sure.

Now, when that happens, many believe that the idea of a mass abduction could be used as an explanation for what's happened. At this time, keep in mind the Antichrist WILL be here, and will know exactly what's really going on. Now, he won't want people to know the truth, because if they knew, too many would then turn to God. Some will, in fact, do this during that time, but not all. So the enemy needs an explanation. In this world, what better than, "The aliens took those people. Unite with me so we can survive." Think about it.

As for that historical figure, a key thing to look for is this - look for someone that "rules" - read leads - in some fashion for 3.5 years. That's one thing that it's said will apply to the AC.

I have long believed that the "aliens" are demons in disguise, and so this would fit well with their plans. Even many researchers in the UFO field think this is possible, or at least think now that they are dimensional beings, from here. Something to consider!

Alright, posting this, and then reading the rest of the replies.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

The thing you need to worry about is your personal response to Jesus Himself. THAT is what determines your eternal fate. If you can accept that He is God, that He loves you and died for you, to pay the price for all the wrongs you would do in your life, and that He rose again, as death cannot defeat God; if you accept this gift, and ask Him for forgiveness, that is what matters. Don't sweat the details. That's THE key. Much of the rest is about behavior, how we should act, but God knows we aren't going to get it all right. All He asks is that we try the best we can to do the right thing. Acceptance of Him as Savior brings salvation. How we live our lives doesn't do that - this determines rewards after.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Because you will know. Trust me.

2nd

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join