It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The return of Jesus: How can we know for sure it's not an alien conquest?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
On a recent thread I asked what the 1000-year-reign of Christ would be like, since unlike the "rapture", the anti-Christ or Armageddon, it is never depicted in Christian film or media directly.

I have received widely different responses, but I think it should concern every believer to consider the attributes of the "true returned Messiah".

If it's possible that ancient aliens have fooled mankind in the past, how will we know that we will not be fooled in future?

Many of the mainstream Christian paths are quite willing to accept that Christ's millenial rule will be autocratic, iron-fisted, and essentially fascist.

Especially from this "autocratic" camp, I'm wondering: what if an alien or another intelligence arrived and announced itself as Christ?

If an autocratic rule includes informers and enforcers amongst men, then how would we know it is the real Christ, and not some other being that knows our religion, and has planted our mythologies?

Perhaps believers would roll out the red carpet for intergalactic scum and criminals, in the belief that it was Jesus?

On what criteria would we all be sure it was really Jesus Christ, and not some alien conquistadors?

Perhaps I've been watching too many Ancient Alien episodes, but consider the scenario.

The Aztecs welcomed Cortez at first, because they mistook him for a god in their prophesy.

Can anybody name the criteria of how we could tell the real Jesus from a vastly superior alien technology?

And then there's an opposite problem: what if the real Jesus does return, and all the believers think he's just another demon pretending to be an alien?
I'm sure that could also harm humanity.

So what could a God do that some alien could not?
It might sound futuristic, but perhaps we should all think about it.
edit on 17-1-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
You will recognize him because he destroys the world's armies.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnificient

Hmmm, yeah, an alien force of conquest would never do that....

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Simple, read the bible.

and

John 10:27
"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me."

So if your a "real" saved christian, you'll know.

and a lil more 10:30

"The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep recognize his voice and come to him. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.

And lastly Matthew 24:24

"For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--if that were possible."

So yeah there is a risk of being deceived, but again if you follow the bible and not some "religion" or organization you should be fine, to many denominations claiming to be the only way already.
edit on 17-1-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
If you believe these sorts of things, I can tell you what will happen:

Just like the Jews did not understand or realize that Jesus was the son of God, so will the Christians this time around. The majority of Christians will probably hate, mock, and ridicule Christ and all of his actions. The irony will escape them.

That's if you believe in those sorts of things.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Hi halfoldman -

As I understand it from what little I've looked into this, if there's a matter of it being ANY sort of question, then it's not the real deal. Perhaps some more versed in the apocalyptic imagery can clarify this otherwise for me, but as I read it the return of Christ will involve the destruction of large numbers of those actively opposing the 'saints', the trumpet of God, him descending in the clouds with a shout, the dead rising, others still living being transfigured in form, etc,...it will be so utterly inarguable that anything less will be an obvious fraud, despite how many might want to buy into it regardless.

edit on 1/17/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Well, there is the "rapture" thing, where all the true believers disappear, only to reappear with Jesus as he leads his forces to wipe out the combined opposing armies of the world.

That part sort of seems hard to carry out on a large scale without some supernatural intervention beyond what technology would be able to duplicate.

The Christians of the world won't be around to "roll out the red carpet". They'll already be with Jesus (including all the true Christians who have already died and are brought back to life to be with Jesus).

For the most part, those who are not willing to believe will still not be convinced anyways.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
God is spiritual and transcends matter, he/she/it is omnipotent. I'm guessing an alien that could visit us would be technologically advanced, spaceships, higher intelligence, and such. All just guesses though

I would think/hope that God would protect us believers from aliens with holograms or whatever sinister plot they'd have. No one knows really, faith is all we have.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Yes YHWH was an ANUNNAKI. The Anunnaki are our creators and they are extraterrestrial, and they have laid claim to earth, and they are going to come back and take what's theirs. The U.N is in direct defiance of this inevitability and that's why they are pushing for globalism, to be able to fight off the Anunnaki that are coming back to take what's theirs.

The Parable of the Tenan
21:33-46pp -- Mk 12:1-12; Lk 20:9-19
33 "Listen to another parable: There was a landowner who planted a vineyard. He put a wall around it, dug a winepress in it and built a watchtower. Then he rented the vineyard to some farmers and went away on a journey. 34 When the harvest time approached, he sent his servants to the tenants to collect his fruit. 35 "The tenants seized his servants; they beat one, killed another, and stoned a third. 36 Then he sent other servants to them, more than the first time, and the tenants treated them the same way. 37 Last of all, he sent his son to them. 'They will respect my son,' he said. 38 "But when the tenants saw the son, they said to each other, 'This is the heir. Come, let's kill him and take his inheritance.' 39 So they took him and threw him out of the vineyard and killed him. 40 "Therefore, when the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those tenants?" 41 "He will bring those wretches to a wretched end

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

An alien force might try, but god would likely stop them. For all the flying saucers reported, there's been no report of an attack even though there has been reports of us attacking them. What are they afraid of?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
How can we know for sure that jesus is not an alien? There is no evidence thatshows jesus couldnt be an alien.
edit on 17-1-2012 by LonelyGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnificient

Good point, although I'm not sure there has never been hostile intent from UFOs,or rather unfriendly encounters?
Maybe some other members versed in ufology can clarify here?

However, if the invading force follows a religious plan of massive divide and rule on earth leading up to Armageddon, then they don't need to be openly hostile.

I'd say kidnapping and "abduction" have preceded every major conquest.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Almost seems like itd be stupid for anyone to claim to be christ, even himself.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
...if you follow the bible and not some "religion" or organization you should be fine...

Just curious but if one is a follower of the bible, does that include the crazy or misunderstood parts?

What help is a book when you are left either to your own devices to figure out what's important and what isn't and everyone else that read the same book has their own interpretation different to yours?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

I'm not quite sure, but as a child I believed He would return as He left - on a cloud.

So maybe that would be one way of telling?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
You will recognize him because Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper will tell you. He's keeping a keen eye out because he doesn't want to miss it himself.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Perhaps I've been watching too many Ancient Alien episodes, but consider the scenario.
[/quote You may have hit your own nail on the head with that statment ...peace

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

I wonder, if we really knew that He was coming back on a cloud at a designated spot tomorrow, who would have the courage to meet Him?
He might hand out crowns, or smite hypocrites and dissidents to hell in equal proportions.

I have a feeling that most of our political and religious leadership will be far away.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I like to imagine the returned messiah being interviewed by David Letterman. With the crowd well warmed up and Jesus still laughing from the last hilarious anecdote he has just shared ...... the conversation then segues to the rumours on internet web-forums that Jesus is an alien.

How J.C. handles himself at this point of the interview will go a long way to confirming in my mind, whether or not his true intentions are indeed alien conquest or peace on Earth.

_____
I don`t spend much time thinking about the possibility of aliens using religious beliefs to enslave us -rather, I worry about the humans who would use such belief systems to achieve the same goal.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Well, He might just cause a very uncomfortable silence when He asks: "Why, what's wrong with being called an alien?
It's technically a being from another place.
So in a sense, yes I am an alien.
Ich bin ein Alien.
I am for all the alienated beings in the universe.
I mean, you guys all know space aliens, for example, are good ... right? They're just people with moral complexity from another planet...it's not like my people here on earth have practiced galactic segregation, and called them demons ... right?
I mean really, hello...RIGHT?"

But that's very unlikely.
At the point of His return there will only be skeletons of society after Armageddon.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join