It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul booed for advocating Golden Rule... where's the headlines???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Does the crowd not realize that cheering for Gingrich's, "Kill them", is basically cheering for "Kill my son. Kill my daughter. Kill my brother. Kill my father. Kill my mother. Kill my lover. Kill my friend"?

Who the hell do they intend on sending in harm's way? The slaves? Oh oh oops..

I'm sorry. That was uncalled for. I saw the crowd cheering for death and I thought I was at the coliseum in Rome.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
IMO, it's because most of the adult audience has been conditioned that "terrorist" attacked the U.S because they hate freedom and are hell-bent on destroying the U.S... This MAY be true for some, but honestly.. As Ron Paul put it before...

edit on 18-1-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Half of America can't even swallow MSM anymore, they actually get it shoved up their butt now. They hear a piece saying that RP is racist, and that is all they will ever hear...well, we can't be voting for a racist can we? Thank God the younger generation actually has their ears open and actually LISTEN to what the man is saying, as opposed to what people are saying about him.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I hate to say it and this is something that really leaves me depressed sometimes, but I'm sure these were real Americans and the reactions were genuine enough.

For those who haven't been sold hook like and sinker to the official lines on the world around us and how we're told we should feel about it, there is this to consider. Anyone under the age of 20 or so has either never known, or vaguely remembers (At BEST) what the United States was like during Peace Time. I wonder sometimes if we'll ever see it again.

I suppose it's easier to be bloodthirsty though and aggressive to a fault when that is all or nearly all one has ever known. I think those of us who had good years spent before 2001, lived during a special time..and perhaps the last of it's kind in our lifetimes. Peace....at least by any comparative measure to today's version of normal.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I was sick in the stomach, as well, watching the booing of the Golden Rule. Those people are soul sick!
Personally, I think it was staged. It was one small section in the audience who appeared to be lusting for war. Several times during the debate, there would be loud applause and cheering, yet when the camera scanned the crowed, people were just sitting there.
FOX, you will recall, played the previous year's audience reaction to Ron Paul winning the CPAC Straw Poll (which was booing) DURING the current year's CPAC Straw Poll, which Paul won again, but in reality, was accompanied with cheering. I don't trust FOX at all! They later apologized for their "accident". Yeah, right!
I'm not saying there aren't war mongers--there are. But I don't believe for one minute that the majority of the good people of South Carolina would boo the Golden Rule.
It was shenanigans by FOX again, imo.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I think it says something about how very much programmed by rhetoric most Americans are these days, in that the audience booed as he talked about treating others as we wish to be treated, but then they instantly start cheering when they hear "Bring the troops home!" We sure do love bringing the troops home... from countries we've already rid of terrorists, that is.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Watching that clip and hearing the audience boo a statement that was both common sense and the RIGHT way to look at things, brought tears to my eyes. I want to cry over what my country has become. We are the evil that we used to preach against..

When I see stuff like this it makes me believe in th whole alternative universe theory and quantum jumping. This is not the country or the universe that I grew up in

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The MSM is useless. Ron Paul is the best choice and I hope and pray he becomes president of the USA. Please o please, this is all I ask for. Please make Ron Paul the president. It will be good for America, as well as the rest of the world. Just think of how happy the rest of the world will be when they can put their head on the pillow at the end of the night and not worry about the USA bombing them for no reason. Capitalists pigs have run America and made it look so bad! This is NOT what Americans want, I hope the rest of the world sees that!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
meh, fuk it, let's go to war baby. i will enlist this year

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
When those who say that they have accepted Christ's atoning bloods for their sins forget his teachings, and reject the most important teaching he had, "Love others as yourself" in essence", there's no surprise that many non-Christians look despairingly at Christians.

I call it "fashionable Christianity." As long as the teachings of Jesus fit their political agenda, they will happily embrace it. When Jesus goes against their political agenda, they will foolishly forget it or minimalize it as "meaning something else." I think it's pretty clear that when the Christ spoke of loving your neighbors, not just your immediate neighbors but all people, he wasn't being abstract or metaphorical. He was being acutely literal.
edit on 18-1-2012 by ManjushriPrajna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
IMO, it's because most of the adult audience has been conditioned that "terrorist" attacked the U.S because they hate freedom and are hell-bent on destroying the U.S... This MAY be true for some, but honestly.. As Ron Paul put it before...

edit on 18-1-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

I always thought the whole 9/11 and terrorist argument of "They attacked America because of their freedom!" was the most ridiculous argument. If they were jealous of American freedom then why not attack another free country?

S&F OP for highlighting American ignorance (I know its not all Americans....just a huge chunk)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by danj3ris
Does the crowd not realize that cheering for Gingrich's, "Kill them", is basically cheering for "Kill my son. Kill my daughter. Kill my brother. Kill my father. Kill my mother. Kill my lover. Kill my friend"?

Guess they don't have anyone close in the military. I mean they may have a relative in the military, but don't care about their living more than killing some unknown people.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
i think its safe to say...

Informed Americans, Run fast Run Far. Your government has been infiltrated

you cant save the sheep, save yourselves and your families. This isnt a war we will win

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

Today, you figure this would be headline news.

I do a search and find nothing... only a few blog posts and small news outlets.

I goto the MSM news sites and they have Ron Paul articles that are weeks old about New Hampshire...

I have to say that your findings from googling rant very scientific. As a general rule of googling, try doing a generic search at first then go to specifics.

So instead of searching for a long sentence with proper conjugation (ron+paul+audience+booing+golden+rule) thus would not result in much. Instead google for Ron Paul "golden rule" ( putting soured around something makes sure it gets found in that specific order and not separately).

After doing a basic search on google I was able to find a lot of articles and it was even featured on the Daily Show and Colbert Report.

Check it out www.thedailyshow.com...

Sorry if this came of as a rant on your rant but I just want everyone to utilize google to its fullest. Just for fun google the term google hacks.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
This is the mentality of people who watch the msm and drink the kool aid.Much like the people here who are against Rons foriegn policy.They do not have the ability to think for themselves.What they need to do is get one of thier friends,go to a neighbors house,walk in and replace the head of household with thier friend.If he protests beat him up.If his wife protests beat her also.At that point the children will welcome him and his friend with open arms.Do this over a few times in your neighborhood and you will be the most popular man on the block.This is our government in action and few can even see it because they are so dumbed down by the msm.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join