It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are most Americans crazy or what?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
First of all before you say anything...let me just tell you that i am an American and i live IN America.

Yesterday i went out site seeing around downtown of my home city and i had a shirt on that has this message
"Restore the constitution, Ron Paul now or never" (one message is on the front the other is on the back with cool pics)..um and a lot of people were staring at my shirt as if there is something wrong with it...

one person came up to me and said "You're supporting a crazy old racist?"

IM NOT MAKING THIS UP, it really happened.

I say most because they voted for Bush 2 times
edit on 17-1-2012 by CrazyRaccoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."

My personal favorite quote from Winston Churchill.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrazyRaccoon
First of all before you say anything...let me just tell you that i am an American and i live IN America.

Yesterday i went out site seeing around downtown of my home city and i had a shirt on that has this message
"Restore the constitution, Ron Paul now or never" (one message is on the front the other is on the back with cool pics)..um and a lot of people were staring at my shirt as if there is something wrong with it...

Isn't it funny how people pay close "attention" to what someone is wearing, like your T-Shirt?

Too bad people don't pay as much attention to politics and finances

ETA
Ahhhh Hahhhh...I see you reside in Sunny So. Cal., like myself..where it seems only fashion, cars and reality T.V. matters

edit on 1/17/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Not crazy, just not as used to putting your political stance out in the open the way it used to be. Hell, in canada durring my dads day they would post a sheet on corner poles with the names of everybody in the neighborhood and who they voted for.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Glass

Are you trying to say that this didn't happen?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Did you use the opportunity to show them why RP is not a racist?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Why yes i did ^_^ but he kinda ignored....

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Glass

Are you trying to say that this didn't happen?

I thought the poster meant that the 'lie' was that Ron Paul was a crazy ol' racist. That's the way I read it.

If loving Ron Paul is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Haha okay

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
well you are asking to be talked to by waring a political t-shirt in the first place, people disagree all the time, some more vocal than others.

Were you expecting high 5's instead?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
To answer short - Indeed, YES. But not crazy. Just programmed. U are under MATRIX CONTROL. Choosing between left and right sides of one ass. Thats no-win game. See my post at www.abovetopsecret.com... U are programmed to play game named elections. Until most of the nation sleeps or are under control, the votes of few who can think doesnt matter. With all the respect they are few. And candidates are indeed filtered just not to allow right one to come even close to power. We had almost the same shi_t in Russia.
U give ur candidates - VAMPIRES ur power, money and emotions, which they eat with pleasure. But they are VAMPIRES in a service to banksters. ALL are. Maybe with few exceptions. But probably not.
So we both live in occupied countries. Our goverments is not truly ours, arent they?
And why u so like vampire's no-win games? U can at least ignore them.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Judging by the number of Americans that actually believe the world is 6,000 years old, that voted for Bush not only once, but TWICE, and who think it would be a crime if the POTUS were anything short of a white Christian oil tycoon, I'd say yes... most Americans are not only out of their minds, but are willfully so.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
"Are Most Americans Crazy, or What?" Well, no. American's are NOT crazy. And unless you're in the audience for a WWE Wrestling event, then the word "what?" doesn't come into it either!

Cultural stereotypeing is THE main tool of mass-media manipulation. Look at the coverage applied to many major Sporting events for examples par excellence...

When the FIFA World Cup ramps up, read most papers here in England and there's more cliche-ridden 'humour' thrown at the England Football team's "rivals" that its fair to say it'd entertain the great-grandfather's of today's generation; but those alive and well in today's generation are merely filled with a confused disdain for other countries, especially Germany and France, and yet they can't articulate why!!

As an Englishman, I don't see any Amercans as "crazy" as it implies we here in the UK are an idyllic little island. And we're damn well not given the breakdown of society under this current government!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

LOL most Americans know the earth is a few billion years old...only crazy Christians think the earth is 6000 years old

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

reply to post by FugitiveSoul

LOL most Americans know the earth is a few billion years old...only crazy Christians think the earth is 6000 years old

The Earth IS only 6000 years old.

Hey, video game makers don't ship games without the content.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I feel the same about Canadians here.
Or perhaps i'm just anti-social

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CrazyRaccoon

I used to live next to an entire town that believed the world was 6000 years old. It was cult-like, and spooky. Maybe not a majority of American think the world is 6000 years old (only 32% by last poll), but the comment was more of a blanket term for Christian fundamentalists, which are rampant, especially in the southeast. I've moved quite a bit in my lifetime (north and south), and this sort of mindwash is endemic to a vast number of Christian Americans. The town I live in now has many more religious zealots than open minded, logically thinking people. My own sister-in-law thinks the bible is a literal biography of the world.
Luckily I married the other sister.

edit on 17-1-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Isn't it funny how people pay close "attention" to what someone is wearing, like your T-Shirt?

Too bad people don't pay as much attention to politics and finances

ETA
Ahhhh Hahhhh...I see you reside in Sunny So. Cal., like myself..where it seems only fashion, cars and reality T.V. matters

edit on 1/17/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

Also people seem to feel the right to comment on your person. I have long hair, I have had people walk up to me and say "cut your hair" others by the hundreds over time, have decided I should donate my hair...it seems everyone should decide what you should be doing and comment even if they themselves have never given anything to charity or whatever!
So to the OP's question I say yes they are!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CrazyRaccoon

Crazy is relative from person to person. A perfectly sane person would count all the rest of us as crazy, as I'm sure there couldn't be more than one perfectly sane person. From my perspective, only about half or three fourths of the other Americans are crazy. You can actually tell how crazy you are by the number of crazy people you see. The more crazy people you see, the less crazy you are.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Anyone who does the same thing over and over while expecting a different result is the best definition of a crazy person. So I suppose anyone who votes could be construed as "crazy." I don't vote, so...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join