It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do I even belong here.......Attn: Pity Party In Full Progress

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ops4Ops

s & f from me.. pity party in full progress.

I laughed when I read the title, thx and of course you belong here.

No such thing as being out of your leauge!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
hi op
i myself is being flamed because i dont believe a vid on a thread earlier
still getting flamed as i type
BUT i dont care as a poster said, if even one person believes you then thats enough
as for your other half..i dont know what advice to give
my other half spends her life on facebook and tries to put ats down
but thats what gives us something to talk debate even argue over lol
if you have something you think others maybe interested in, then go for it girl

dave

Hi Dave, Thanks so much for this comment! I really am getting so much out of all the comments members have posted here! One question though; I have heard the word flamed used a few times and you have mentioned it in the above qoute, what does that mean here on ATS?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Glad to have you here. I took a look at your threads list and it looks like you're doing better than I am. I've only had a few threads that got more than 10 replies and most have less than 5 flags.

It doesn't matter how good you think your thread is. If it interests you, then put it up. Practice makes perfect. If general chit chat is where you feel comfortable, then that's where you fit in. Belonging is what you make of it.

By the way... flaming is when someone posts a negative/ sarcastic/ critical reply to one of your threads or posts. It's no big deal. It happens to everyone.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ops4Ops

Your mind and heart have been engaged here, you are here for a reason, perhaps even you do not know. It is difficult this site, at times. There are many here with awesome minds, but that is a thing to celebrate!! They have much to teach and offer.

You will find your niche, it may not happen as rapidly as you would like, but if you keep at it you will succeed. The fact that it is not easy makes it worth it.

Many who appear "popular" and get lots of stars and flags are idiots supported by more idiots, they are not to be paid attention to. They are trolls. Find the meat and the poetry here, find the heart, find the humor, it is there! You will find what is worthwhile, what edifies and enlightens, educates if you look, and you will contribute. Get out of bed, you will be fine!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

edit on 17-1-2012 by redstorm because: stroke stroke stroke, jerk jerk jerk, which one will i pick? why not all, and then some more, ill poke them with my diiiiiiiIIIIIIICK.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ops4Ops

Don't feel bad, i've been here almost 3 years and i still can't imbed a video or images.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Nobody in this world is more qualified to express your opinion than you are. If you don't represent yourself with conviction who else will speak for you? You belong here every bit as much as anyone else does.

"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founding on one principle above all else; The requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree next to the river of truth, and tell the whole world 'No, YOU move.'"

Speak from the heart, talk about what you believe in, and somebody somewhere will respect you for it.

Pity Party Denied...Enthusiastic mode activate!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I lurked on this forum for a while before joining just to get a feel for it. There is a learning curve to every forum, a mood, an atmosphere. Some things are accepted other places that are not accepted here. I admit, this forum is probably -the most- intimidating one I have ever been a part of in terms of post quality and information.

I am a new member as well and for a long time I struggled to find the place where I really "fit". I know a little about a lot of things, but what did I know enough about to dedicate an entire thread to? Instead of feeling discouraged about this, it really opened my mind to search out things that made me go "Hmmm" and research them when I could. All in all, I think that really is the beauty of ATS and the people who created it.

In all my digging and research, I actually have found the most interesting ideas in posts (through using the search function) that got little to no attention whatsoever. I was just reading a post actually that was a year old and had 1 flag with a handful of replies that really made me want to U2U the poster and beg for more.

I also noticed that a lot of the threads that end up "Hot" are inflammatory and dividing. If you look through the 348 replies you will find a lot of the time (not all the time) a bunch of arguments among people who replied that really go away from the topic at hand. Sometimes this isn't the case, it is truly just an awesome thread, but I think that's the exception and not the rule.

All that being said, I think you are fab and you should continue to post no matter what, you always learn -something- when you log in or listen to ATS IMO.

PS- I throw the -best- pity parties if you ever want an invitation

S+F+

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Don't feel bad, I went ahead and ruined my reputation by posting a chemtrail/contrail video

But I agree with others, it's intimidating to make quality threads, because honestly you have to check your sources, which can sometimes lead you astray from what you were really doing.

I prefer to add my witty 1 liners when I can, and I contribute my opinions on popular topics if I feel I need to. Overall I like a lot about this forum, from the people to the timely manner breaking news is posted, It's definitely a good place to read about the good, the bad, and the ugly! Good luck in the future! s+f

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Ha! And I thought "here" meant "this planet" because I mutter such statements under my breath all the time!

"Who are these other people and why am I among them?!"

Here, on ATS-- sure you belong. I mean... if they let ME join...

Now, I must return to my searching of the heavens awaiting my REAL people to come back for me!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
OPs4OPs,I feel the same way some days.

This place is a great learning experience.
And I also have learned to developed a tough skin,and ignore certain remarks and move on.

A lot of jerks in the world,here and in the real world.

So ,get out of bed,put your jammies on and show then what you got!
kdog

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ops4Ops

Just remember, it's all about stars and flags! No wait, I mean content, content!!!!!!

God if I made a thread that got attention I'd hide from it for fear of being found out I'm actually stupid and dull. So I prefer pre-made threads to comment on!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

And I also have learned to developed a tough skin,and ignore certain remarks and move on.

kdog

Hang on, who puts their jammies on getting OUT of bed? Shouldn't they already be on, being IN bed?

Or is this code?!!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

kdog

Hang on, who puts their jammies on getting OUT of bed? Shouldn't they already be on, being IN bed?

Or is this code?!!

Doesn't everyone sleep nude?
It is not a pretty sight if someone comes to the door early,the wish they never did!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

kdog

Or is this code?!!

Doesn't everyone sleep nude?
It is not a pretty sight if someone comes to the door early,the wish they never did!

Lmao, especially if it's ur mum, and the blankets are flung half way across the room after a 35c night!

Yeesh !!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
What... is this thread about? Attention seeking? I mean first I thought about that kind of girls from failbook.com, saying "ooooooooooh, Ima sooooooo uuuuuugly!!!one!!eleven!" and everyone cheers them up, as they are in fact quite nice, but seeking more approval of that. Thats about one of the most pubescent on the net, besides teabagging, rickrolling and other pranks.

Okayyy, if I ignore those girls (*urgh*), I would say: Make your life like you want it to be. Threads are boring? Work on those errors and/or find more interesting things to write about. Life ain't all beer and skittles, even for nice girls. You are tested the whole time so you have to work on it or do it the other way: ignore everything other people say about you. Works fine, too..

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

General chit chat by any other name, such as this is not, is emo.

this is chit chat, not a cry for help.. the place to let out your frustration to like minded friends. No need to preach..

I could be wrong, but still.. we all have our concerns. How about a hand shake if not a hug for someone feeling a bit out of place, in a place where out of place is the norm?

edit>> i rant if I want that, but you know... im stoopid!!
edit on 18-1-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Yeah, I think I tried to give a pat on the back with my second paragraph, I'm not trying to lecture her.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

Fair call

Cheers!!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Ops4Ops

Yes you belong here and have every right to be here,just as much as any one else..First thing,DO NOT let some of the rude,mean-spirited and petty folks on here,intimidate you..tho,as a mom,i flinch when i see how atrociously rude some of these people are..my first thought is always-OMG,what manner of creature dragged THAT up? LOL,i teach my kids to disagree with other folks in a polite and sensible manner,so yeah i find it baffling how some of the members must have been raised! You seem like a very nice person,and you may consider me a friend,if you wanna chat just send me a u2u..Your bf is a dog musher-how cool,i love huskies,and malamutes,cus of their resemblance to wolves.Have a cool day,Rax.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join