It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do I even belong here.......Attn: Pity Party In Full Progress

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Let me just start by saying, I AM NOT GONNA GET OUT OF BED TODAY! Am I having a pity party for myself? Probably! Am I frustrated? That and more! I am so happy to be a part of ATS, but when I joined I have been creating crazy stress on myself because I realize I might be outta my league. My first few threads, which I thought were very cool, seem like crap compared to all the great, intelligant, and informative threads I been reading. I would love to make it to the hottest topics chart sometime on ATS, but hell, working a full time job to try and make ends meet,(my checking account was overdrawn today when I called the bank) has given me no time to do research. My adoptee says it takes them weeks of research before they even begin to start a thread.

I have made it a point to write about my boyfriend in every thread because he is so anti-ATS. He is a good man, and treats me better than anyone ever has, but HE IS DRIVING ME CRAZY TODAY! He is a Dog Musher and thinks on my two days off a week, I need to be outside with the dogs helping him. That's his thing; Mine has become ATS.

However I am beginning to wonder if I belong here. General Chit Chat has become my area of choice, because hell, that seems to be all I been doing lately. My Area 51 thread got turned into a joke by a member saying,Oh the Ol Wall of text" which now I know what that is. My introductory thread, well lets just say thinking the guy on the videos is hot probably wasn't a good start. (they probably think I am some dumb young girl with hormones acting up) I have gotten some good feedback from those who have taken the time to read some of my threads and really understand, (thank you so much) but dang I think I am in over my head here sometimes.

Oh, and I have no idea how to post links, qoutes from other sources correctly, and God forbid me try to post a Youtube video. It took me three weeks to figure out how to get my avatar! I am not giving up, but maybe I should. I mean really, who cares about anything I have written in this anyways. Heck at the moment I am laughing at myself for even wrtitting it. No Stars, or Flags, or Chart Toppers for me!!! Yep, Not leaving the bed today!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ops4Ops

Even if one person likes what you have written. You have done a good job.

Remember, its not just what you can give to ATS, It's what ATS can give to you.
edit on 17-1-2012 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ops4Ops

You are here to learn, open your mind a bit and be an active member. It doesnt matter about the threads you make if they got sidetracked or anything like that. The fact you post is more than 3/4 the membership base.

Are you learning?

Are you opened up a bit?

Are you active?

If yes, then I'de say you belong here. However, you need to let your husband know that yuou are not as committed to the dogs as he is. Thats normal, people are allowed different hobbies, activities. But you have to make that known.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
You're COOL,,, Don't Sweat The Small S@it,,,,,,,,,,
Just Go With Your Own Flow,,, Like You Are Now,,,,,,,
Dog Musher!
!
edit on 17-1-2012 by guohua because: OK, Dog Musher's could be cool too.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ops4Ops

Its not the destination...its the journey that counts.
Enjoy the ride and don't let the haters get to you....we have all been there before as new members.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ops4Ops

You do belong here. I myself have created some threads...that were not that interesting to others...but I think the important thing is... that I tried...and I keep trying.

There are a lot of brilliant minds on ATS...I know those people are smarter than I am...and I learn from them and appreciate them; in these uncertain times they are some of my best teachers.

Sometimes...I have gotten flamed...sometimes I deserved it...sometimes I didn't...but I learn.

Really... I enjoy all of it...and I hope that you will stay and keep enjoying all of ATS too.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ops4Ops

You'll see members here who have been members for years and have not posted many threads. Others, who are noobs like me
have posted threads and posts numerous times.

It's all good, though I did take a month off from posting at a point that I needed to focus on life.

Don't worry. It'll come to ya.
edit on 17-1-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ops4Ops
Let me just start by saying, I AM NOT GONNA GET OUT OF BED TODAY! Am I having a pity party for myself? Probably! Am I frustrated? That and more! I am so happy to be a part of ATS, but when I joined I have been creating crazy stress on myself because I realize I might be outta my league.

Seriously, it's an online forum. It's not the Rocket Scientists of Mensa convention. There are plenty of bottom feeders on ATS who can barely punch out a few pathetic words on the keyboard and have to type in "second line" in a sorry attempt to get around the rules. You've got nothing to worry about

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
hi op

members have posted some great advice
i myself is being flamed because i dont believe a vid on a thread earlier
still getting flamed as i type
BUT i dont care as a poster said, if even one person believes you then thats enough
as for your other half..i dont know what advice to give
my other half spends her life on facebook and tries to put ats down
but thats what gives us something to talk debate even argue over lol
if you have something you think others maybe interested in, then go for it girl

dave

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ops4Ops

If your other threads are as well written as this one, I don't think you have much to fear.

As to thread creation, as you have noticed, the better threads require thought, content and often much time. Don't be put off that you have not yet made an "epic thread" with 5 zillion flags.

As for belonging here, I'm sure even some of the seasoned posters have wondered that at some point. The main thing imho is to keep trying and post things relevant or interesting to you.

Posting links to sites, pictures or youtube videos is easy enough. There are buttons for each type of object you want to link. I'm sure there is a "Test" forum somewhere that you can practice in too, and I know plenty members and mods can either help or point you at a "how to" thread if you find it confusing. Correction, just noticed you have been adopted so I'm sure that user can give you a crash course too. And yes, research leads to interesting threads rather than just a news item that can be found on many other sites.

Good luck!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

Let me just start by saying, I AM NOT GONNA GET OUT OF BED TODAY! Am I having a pity party for myself? Probably! Am I frustrated? That and more! I am so happy to be a part of ATS, but when I joined I have been creating crazy stress on myself because I realize I might be outta my league.

......."There are plenty of bottom feeders on ATS who can barely punch out a few pathetic words on the keyboard and have to type in "second line" in a sorry attempt to get around the rules.".........
Finally! some recoginition for my contributions

P.S. I personally have sucessfully substituted the mundane "second line" the the more personal "P.S."

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ops4Ops

I know how you feel, hon. I tend to make a lot of useless comments myself lately because it's fairly safe.

There are some very seasoned people on here that seem to know each other well, whereas us new people are struggling to learn the ropes and the people behind the avatars.
Don't feel like you need to make threads, just read and learn. there are lots of super smart people on here, that is obvious. but those aren't the one's that will flame you or put you down either.
this is my first forum participation in my life, and I've learned so much in such a short time.
I have just learned to tread carefully, I'm very thin skinned...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
If you want to make threads like a pro...Save this link.

A guide to posting on ATS

I am not responsible for that thread...But I use it all the time.

A big thanks to it's creator "Loam"...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Ops4Ops

You care too much about what others think my dear...

No matter what you post on ATS you will always have trolls/haters trying to kill your thread...

I also have friends that are interested in joining ATS while openly admitting they would just be here to make fun of other people...

Welcome to ATS!!

IF your man thinks your time here is silly, let him think that... its your life not his. Accept that he doesn't like it, and move on without another thought on the matter...

YOU BELONG HERE...... IF you choose to be here... regardless of your intent...

Some are here to make fun, some are here to post serious threads which will be made fun of... then there are some that are brilliant thread makers like our dear friend Slayer...

Don't try to compete with these people... Just post what you will...

Remember it is actually a very rare thing that a thread hits the top of the charts... most drop off the lists and rarely make another appearance...

You are who you are... Don't let anyone change that

And you have no pity from this Kat... Sorry to spoil your party

edit on 17-1-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
reply to post by Ops4Ops

Even if one person likes what you have written. You have done a good job.

Remember, its not just what you can give to ATS, It's what ATS can give to you.

Nice to see someone aboard with real wisdom.
It's not only knowledge that counts.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Don't worry about it, you're just normal and having trouble fitting in but once you find your niche, you'll feel much better, trolls or not.

I was like you but the polar opposite where I used to fit in at first but now because I don't believe 9/11 was an inside job due to evidence against that crazy theory, I don't think all cops, Jews and Muslims are evil and I don't support Ron Paul, I'm now seen as somewhat of the leper in the community but meh, whatever.

At least I'm not a sheep that follows whatever the ATS crowd follows and I feel good about myself and my contributions here even if ATS staff and the idiots who attack my beliefs think I don't belong here.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
@o.p i kinda get what your saying
as a fully fledged newbie to this forum been here a few days there are defenitly higher up members and trolls who just cant help but try stick it to whoever over the slightest thing

i dont mind anybody havin a pop at me as i refuse to vanish just cos of a troll and i like this site(even tho it makes my head spin with the sheer threads and content of them lol)

and if there having a pop at me least there leavin somebody else alone lol

as in life o.p dont let things grind ya down i know you prob reading this thinkin "wtf is this moron on about and who is he"

keep ya chin up and stick it back to the haters/trolls twice as hard as they give it you

this place can be harsh tho from what iv seen lol
edit on 17-1-2012 by UkRandom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by grubblesnert

Originally posted by SavedOne

......."There are plenty of bottom feeders on ATS who can barely punch out a few pathetic words on the keyboard and have to type in "second line" in a sorry attempt to get around the rules.".........
Finally! some recoginition for my contributions

P.S. I personally have sucessfully substituted the mundane "second line" the the more personal "P.S."

Thanks for that, I just narrowly averted spitting Dr. Pepper all over my monitor

Second line. (kidding!)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Agree with that.

I joined with intentions to eventually make great threads but honestly, I'd rather let Zorgon and Slayer (my apparent brother in arms over one or two issues it seems) post away and take the glory they deserve while I just contribute with singular posts.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
All of your posts and comments are really cheering me up, and for the record I have gotten out of the bed to bathe! (I am back in it now though) Some of your posts talk about sitting back and learning, Trust me, that's the greatest part of ATS! I just wanna contribute as well and it's tough sometimes. P.S Will take that advise about telling my boyfriend to Mush This!

edit on 17-1-2012 by Ops4Ops because: sp

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join