It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Aircraft Carrier - ON FIRE! (Verification Needed ASP)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It might have been this carrier: s55.photobucket.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
That is clearly a decommissioned, derelict rust bucket, and not a Nimitz-class supercarrier.

link   

Originally posted by Ivar_Karlsen
It might have been this carrier: s55.photobucket.com...

That looks about right. Same angles of sinking, and coloring on the deck looks about the same too. Nice find!

link   
This appears to be fear mongering. The deck of the ship that went down was very rusted and I didn't see a clear number on the tower. My guess would be that this is old footage of a controlled sinking.

As far as I know there is only 1 US carrier in that area as of right now.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Wow, some of you will fall for anything.

The video is fake, the carrier shown is the USS Oriskany (CV-34) being scuttled in the Gulf of Mexico in 2004 as part of an artificial reef program.

Keep on denying ignorance ATS.

link   
reply to post by Skewed

Absolutely, everyone must be trained but there are also firemen onboard and that's their job. But from the looks of it from that video, if its true then we have much bigger problems at hand. I'm hoping this video is a hoax

link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Sweeet, and thanks for info, but you don't have to an ass about it.

link   

Originally posted by ShaithisFerenczy
www.youtube.com... vids here

2nd

That is the Dutchsinse one that I got - Thanks - it has sound and comment.

You member can't be beaten when it comes to jumping on things - Great Work! But hope it's wrong!

link   
Looks like a video of the one that they burnt on purpose.

Edit: Fencesitter brought it up first.
edit on 17-1-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot

The video is fake, the carrier shown is the USS Oriskany (CV-34) being scuttled in the Gulf of Mexico in 2004 as part of an artificial reef program.

It was denied, actually.

You keep on keeping on, though.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

The island is on the wrong side to be any American active CVN

link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot

I know, it's my photobucket album

link   
thanks for posting the video! if you look closely the deck is the old style carrier deck not the newer style (just a one straight deck as opposed to a striaght and angled deck of more modern carriers it definatly looks american thought as there is not a hump like the brit carriers have and i dont think thats the degaull,cant tell if its an indian carrier as i dont know much about them but this isnt a modern american nuke carrier

en.wikipedia.org... that might clear it up but from freezing the image im almost positive thats not one of our nuke carriers if its an american carrier its mostlikely being sunk to create an artificial reef problay that one we recently did in the gulf of mexico
edit on 17-1-2012 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
When I was in the Navy one of my many and by far favorite jobs was the Number 1 attack team leader for the ships Flying Squad aka Fire department. Carriers burn quite often and if the VA keeps pissing me off I'll tell some stories about some here. If there really is a fire it could be electrical, fuel, galley fire etc.... In the Marines every one is a rifleman, in the Navy everyone is a firefighter so in that aspect the Flying Squad is the special forces of an important part of keeping warships alive.

So if one really is burning theres a good chance of it being minor. I did notice the source is dutchsinse so it was probably someone new to the ship who couldn't tell the difference between steam and white smoke and called it in. There was probably another fng who freaked out and left a post for the duchy.

edit on 17-1-2012 by Silverado292 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Looks like an old rust bucket to me.

Muster the flying squad at repair locker 5, yup, we're suck'n rubber...

Here is the old USS Forrestfire training video that we all watched starring John McCain.

Hey, has anyone got the forklift video where they drive the forklift off the pier?

edit on 17-1-2012 by kawika because: corectolated spel'n err

edit on 17-1-2012 by kawika because: corectolated spel'n err

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Sweeet, and thanks for info, but you don't have to an ass about it.

My apologies, I just think that a group that believes they are somehow more enlightened in geo-politics and military technology than the average Joe should have no problem identifying an antique CVN.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

It took ATS less than one page to pull out the truth of this video. No forum denies ignorance as fast as this one.

It's a shame dutchsinse is promoting this video. That looks bad on him and I've enjoyed some of his videos in the past.
edit on 17-1-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Dutchsinse? LMAO!

This is the same moron the reported volcanos erupting in Southern California based upon weather radar. Then was proven wrong by people who actually lived there and the USGS.

Why do people still listen to this kid in Missouri trying to make a quick buck off his Youtube channel? He's a known liar, about his education and many other things.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Navy Veteran here.
Not a modern carrier.
probably sunk as a test or to make a reef.
Take a look at the flight deck and the tower. Both are clearly not of modern design.
Plus flight deck is old and rusty.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Having spent 13 years onboard carriers, I can assure you that the chances of a fire sinking one is pretty much impossible. The nuclear reactors do not explode like a nuke bomb, they melt down (much like Japan). The footage of the carrier sinking is of a VERY old carrier that has long been decommisioned, and they sunk it for practice and usually to create an artificial reef. This is very common. I have personally participated in similar exercises more than once.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join