It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our generation aint accomplishing much

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Talking about our generation.

When is it going to accomplish something big besides 9-11?
When is it going to accomplish something that sustains and is worth our while?
When is it going to bring out the next best thing since currency?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn

When will they step away from the x-box?
When will they put away the remote control? When will they pay attention to the chains being laid upon them?

ETA: Currency was and is an awful idea that has done much to enslave mankind.
edit on 17-1-2012 by DarthMuerte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I completely agree. When you introduce new ideas to kids from the age of 13, even younger, they become defensive and dismiss the topic with anger.
Everyone is okay with living life as it is. They're okay with being slaves.
Sigh...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
We're not accomplishing much? Are you kidding me? We are doing fantastic. If you wanna see what not accomplishing much looks like, look at Africa. In the entire history of mankind, they have not advanced one step.

We, however, are advancing into the future at a full sprint.

If I could take my cell phone back in time just 5 years, people would # their pants.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta

If I could take my cell phone back in time just 5 years, people would # their pants.
You consider that important? Seriously? That IS the problem. Even those of your generation awake enough to be here have skewed priorities. You celebrate links in the chains being forged to bind you.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Look at the brightside though.
They can sure in the hell send text messages better than any other on the planet.

edit on 17-1-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Yes, I do believe cell phones are important. The same cell phones used by occupy protesters to organize (as much as they did, anyways).

I can call an ambulance, fire truck, tow truck, police officer, or anyone else in ***THE ENTIRE WORLD*** from a device that fits into my pocket.

From that same device I can find the answer to any question, or learn any subject.
edit on 1/17/2012 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Yes, I do believe cell phones are important. The same cell phones used by occupy protesters, or organize (as much as they did, anyways). I can call an ambulance, fire truck, tow truck, police officer, or anyone else in ***THE ENTIRE WORLD*** from a device that fits into my pocket.

From that same device I can find the answer to any question, or learn any subject.
From that same device, TPTB always know your location, can monitor any conversation you have while it is with you, know who your friends and family are, know where you work, and what you do before and after work.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
From that same device, TPTB always know your location, can monitor any conversation you have while it is with you, know who your friends and family are, know where you work, and what you do before and after work.

Oh god, next you'll tell me there's aliens in your socks.

TPTB (if they even exist) have far more important things to worry about that what a 22 year old does before and after work...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Oh god, next you'll tell me there's aliens in your socks.

TPTB (if they even exist) have far more important things to worry about that what a 22 year old does before and after work...
The fact that they can do these things should have you concerned. Instead you celebrate as they enslave you. This is the problem. WAKE UP.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

We're not accomplishing much? Are you kidding me? We are doing fantastic. If you wanna see what not accomplishing much looks like, look at Africa. In the entire history of mankind, they have not advanced one step.

Not to be too disrespectful, but come on are you serious. Go back a few thousand years and tell that to the Egyptians who conceived geometry and advanced architecture, or the Africans who revolutionized agriculture, art and economics. Please study some history...all cultures from all corners of the Earth have benefited humanity to deny this is absurd.

reply to post by WarJohn

To the OP

Science is your friend

So is Medicine

So is Freedom

We as humans are naturally progressive, we only get smarter and we only improve, it just takes time. Don't be jaded by apathy

edit on 17-1-2012 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
all of our accomplishments are futile. There is nothing to be accomplished. Humanity only wants a sense of fulfilment and inner well being. But all we end up doing is making our environment a little more comfortable for us, at the expense of the planet.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn

Wait, so you think 9-11 was an ACCOMPLISHMENT????

What generation are we talking about anyway? Cause there are at least four posting on ATS, so we're not all part of "our" (your) generation.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
All achievements ended when Nikola Tesla died.
We need someone like him again.
What I would do to have just one conversation with that man.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

It does have me concerned, but it doesn't mean I'm going to throw my cell phone in a river because I could possibly be tracked. My apartment could be bugged, but I'm not going to sleep outside.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

I have some experience with government, enough to know that they are interested in and have the technology to listen to anyone's phone calls and track their location, it's not a fairy tale.

If you are a 22 year-old girl who doesn't do much besides work, go to school and sleep, they probably won't bother listening to your conversations or track you, because it requires manpower to do so. And having a bugged phone and apartment isn't the end of the world if you live such a low-key lifestyle.

It does present an eventual problem, though, for those who are interested in doing more in life than working, watching television and sleeping; how much of life will be deemed illegal eventually?
edit on 17-1-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Well said.
I completely agree.

new topics

top topics

join