It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Protesters Rally Against Congress In Capitol

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Ty for the links DWW

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreLiedTo

They finally got the right idea.

They have moved to the city where it matters, and now maybe they won't be able to be ignored.

Love the Occupy movement or hate it, it is their right as a US Citizen to gather and have their voices heard.

I don't know, does anyone think they are starting early this year?

Or is this going to fizzle out after a few tear gas grenades and bottles of pepper spray?

www.chicagotribune.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 17-1-2012 by YouAreLiedTo because: (no reason given)

Exactly! Disrupt their day...etc

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by SloAnPainful

But wasn't it Einstein who said "Do the same thing over and over and expecting a different reault is the defination of insanity"? The OWS movemnt has become a useless effort to say the least but I do understand why they are doing it. Doing it over and over and getting the same thing...

Kind of chopped up the spelling there. Sorry folks.

-SAP-
edit on 17-1-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

I seem to remember Gandhi kept doing the same thing over and over. He won. Perhaps Albert is not infallible.

Now if several million protesters turn up and start arresting the police for brutality change would occur.

If several million armed protesters turn up change would occur in a very fast manner.

P

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
What an interesting development.

I wonder how long before they think my idea was a good one...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreLiedTo
They finally got the right idea.

that was exactly my first thought as well. FINALLY. But now no one takes the OWS bunch seriously and in fact more than half of Americans see them as a public nuisance. I don't know how the few hangers-on can get on track and actually earn America's respect. Maybe this is a first step. Anyways ... good for those who FINALLY are protesting in the right place and in the right way.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
They had over a thousand protesters there yesterday on their first day back in action.

I'd say that is more than hang-ons...

I give it less than a month and every Occupy group in the country will gather in DC...

It's ok to dream anyways...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Updated article from The Washington Post

“Show us what democracy looks like? This is what democracy looks like.”

According to the article...

The parade was 2 blocks long and 6 columns wide.

I'll keep updating articles as they come in.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I'm just waiting for the MSM rhetoric repeating, divide & conquer critics to come and attack them just like before. History shows that protests can have an effect on change, but our handlers have us trained so well that we only remember what they want us to remember. Only believe what they allow us to believe.

Keep your contempt for those that truly deserve it, please.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain, and most fools do." -Ben Franklin

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Related Topic

Posting a link to another ATS topic since it's relevant to the OP.

Bless the protestors and let's hope they don't get cracked down on for no reason.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
why don't they occupy the presidential candidate tours? i mean we got a pretty big election. call the candidates out on their bs. if you're gonna start somewhere start with the president and work your way down.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join