It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran 'frightens me,' Harper says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Source

I don't get it. Does Harper actually believe the words coming out of his mouth?

It's beyond dispute Iran is developing nuclear weapons and lying about it, Prime Minister Stephen Harper told CBC News chief correspondent Peter Mansbridge on Monday.

With quotes like that I want to believe TPTB know more than they are letting on. If that's the case the just spill the beans already and actually make a half-decent case for war.

“There is absolutely no doubt they are lying,” Harper said of Iran's claims its nuclear program is for peaceful purposes.

How can he actually be so sure of this? If he is basing this off the infamous IAEA report then he should probably re-read it a more couple time. One thing is for sure, Obama should be proud of his apprentice.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
What a joke. Iran is so far from Canada, and there missiles can barely reach Israel. Some fine propaganda.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS
What a joke. Iran is so far from Canada, and there missiles can barely reach Israel. Some fine propaganda.
Unless launched from a ship or submarine. They could likely reach then, though Iran would most likely hit US first.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by fenceSitter

And would he say something about Israel's 200+ nuclear missiles, not to mention Pakistan's missiles?

Forget about it.

There's more to Iran than just nuclear weapons...

All about money, and Harper is no different from a high priced prostitute

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
What a tool, how about all the Iranian immigrants living here in Canada, like my nighbour who travels there every year to see his mom, hes there right now. So harper- you going to throw them into a camp like the japanese?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
What he REALLY should be afraid of is the Canadian voter. He got his majority, NOW everything is on him. Screw up, voted out. If the Canadian public hadn't been so bloody tired of going to the polls every other year he never would have gotten that. OK King Stevie, you've got it. Let's see what you do with it. We are ALL watching.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
He looks, and sounds, like a scared little fat child.

What a wimp, grow up Harper. Stop pissing mindless fear all over your constituents. You have other matters to attend to, aside from piggy-backing a military-industrial complex that doesn't care about you or your people.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by fenceSitter

Harper has been wanting to sit at the Grown Up table of world politics for a long time.

I'm surprised he's gotten off of Obama's lap long enough to make a statement.

I remember the good ole days , when Canada's role was that of Peace keeper to the world.

Now Harper is making us America-Light.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I doubt any of Irans three subs could make it to mid atlantic for petes sake....
plus they dont have any kind of launch facilities on them....think about it~
Harper is just another puppet for Amerika.
The US is calling all his shots and has bought and paid for another Canadian PM.
This has been obvious from the first.....
he needs to be arrested for treason, and for misinforming the Canadian people.!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
He (Harper) loves the thought of us buying a fleet of F35's no matter what the cost is or why we might need stealth fighters to begin with.

Harper has been kissing the Israelis asses for years, he also likes to rub lots of elbows in Washington. This statement is of no surprise to anybody considering his track record and support of the Afghan war (invasion of a sovereign country) which maimed thousands, killed hundreds of our troops.
The end result our national debt now is a disaster waiting to get us all here.
S&F
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
What he REALLY should be afraid of is the Canadian voter. He got his majority, NOW everything is on him. Screw up, voted out. If the Canadian public hadn't been so bloody tired of going to the polls every other year he never would have gotten that. OK King Stevie, you've got it. Let's see what you do with it. We are ALL watching.

Couldn't agree more. He better watch out next election now that the Liberals said they would legalize marijuana (Note to mods - not trying to violate ATS rules since I think this applies to Canadian politics). If the Conservatives are going to continue beating the drums of war, the youth vote will go to the Liberals. Unfortunately the next election is still a few years away.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Harper 'frightens me', THE_PROFESSIONAL says

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by fenceSitter
If the Conservatives are going to continue beating the drums of war, the youth vote will go to the Liberals.

Not so quickly. The NDP have proven that they ARE a viable option. And they have a few years to replace Jack. RIP Jack. The younger voter tends to be quite liberal. I never thought I'd see an NDP government in Ottawa but it's possible. Then again, if Justin makes a stab at the Liberal leadership, that could change things. He's well liked.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
I doubt any of Irans three subs could make it to mid atlantic for petes sake....
plus they dont have any kind of launch facilities on them....think about it~
The US is calling all his shots and has bought and paid for another Canadian PM.
This has been obvious from the first.....
he needs to be arrested for treason, and for misinforming the Canadian people.!
Iran is basically allied to Russia. Iran has lots of cash. Russia needs cash. Russia has slbm capable submarines. Do I need to paint a picture?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Unless launched from a ship or submarine. They could likely reach then, though Iran would most likely hit US first.

Yes, perhaps they can melt a few speed boats into some sort of submarine some day ROFL,

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Not so quickly. The NDP have proven that they ARE a viable option. And they have a few years to replace Jack. RIP Jack. The younger voter tends to be quite liberal. I never thought I'd see an NDP government in Ottawa but it's possible. Then again, if Justin makes a stab at the Liberal leadership, that could change things. He's well liked.

True on both counts. I was surprised to see such a successful election for the NDP and as long as they continue on with Jack's vision then they do remain a viable option. I think Justin certainly has a bright future in politics even if it wasn't for his father.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlord

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Yes, perhaps they can melt a few speed boats into some sort of submarine some day ROFL,
Or just buy one from the Russians

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I agree with your post but I must share my opinion on this part...

He obviously does whatever Obama and friends tell him, but his allegiance lies with Israel:

I won't even bother posting the video where he pledges to protect Israel at all costs

I wish he had that much loyalty towards Canadians.
edit on 17-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Anyone surprised?

He, as directly related to the bloodline of a German Jew, Hin(man) Johnston born February 5, 1825, is an ultra pro-Israel conservative.

edit on 17/1/2012 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)

top topics

join