It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Betty White's "Off Their Rockers"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Not sure if this was a one-shot show or what, but right after the 90th Birthday Special to Betty White, this little half-hour reality show aired.

It was basically a Candid Camera type show, but without the reveal of the gag.

Old people would do very uncharacteristic things, surprising unsuspecting younger people.

Most of it was pretty funny...

Like, an old guy with dark sunglasses and a blind cane needing help to find his car. He's led to the passenger side, but then gets in and drives off (recklessly), causing the bystander to flip out a bit.

An old nun on a bicycle swears at people to get out of the way, parting with a much nicer "God Bless You" as she rides on by.

An old guy is in one of those electric carts, with earphones, and he's singing out loud the dirty words to a rap song...

Stuff like that. Not great television, but still pretty amusing.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Sounds like daily life here in Florida

hehe

I bet this was a funny show!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by Gazrok

Sounds like daily life here in Florida

hehe

I bet this was a funny show!

Yes, it aired right after her birthday special last night
(where I found this gem -mblah you've seen it).

I have to admit that these candid camera type shows are where I actually find reality TV fun to watch. I really enjoyed Off Their Rockers last night. I also really enjoy some show called "Impractical Jokers". It's basically four friends who are mic'd up with ear pieces and tell each other what to do in order to "win". It's pointless, but it IS hilarious.
edit on 1/17/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I did not see that after show...but what you have written made me laugh. I am sorry I missed it.

I saw most of the B-day celebration for Betty While. She is so cute and funny! I really admire her....90 years old and still going strong. She is a good example for me...that in the future...life can be interesting, challenging and creative no matter what age I am.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Did you know that she was on TV when it first aired? I mean, she's been on TV since there WAS TV!!!

What an amazing career she's had (and continues to have). I have no doubt we'll see her around for her 100th Birthday Celebration in 10 years.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I do know she has been on TV since the 1950's...but I didn't know she was on one of the first shows.

I googled her this morning...I was curious what her diet was like...and apparently...she eats a lot of junk food...go figure!....:

I think it is very likely...we will be seeing her 100th birthday too. I hope so!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I saw the show too, it wasn't bad and was different, I haven't heard if it will come back for a series though.

top topics

join