It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MS damage washed away by stream of young blood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It seems that more medical breakthroughs have been taking place this past year. This one could hold alot of benifits for people world wide. Imagine, the cure for MS! If not the cure, something to at least keep these people from suffering and with what these guys are saying, will repair the damage it's caused.

Source:

A FOUNTAIN of youthful cells reverses the damage found in diseases like multiple sclerosis, a study in mice reveals.

Nerve cells lose their electrically insulating myelin sheath as MS develops. New myelin-generating cells can be produced from stem cells, but the process loses efficiency with age.

Julia Ruckh at the University of Cambridge, and colleagues, have found a way to reverse the age-related efficiency loss. They linked the bloodstreams of young mice to old mice with myelin damage. Exposure to youthful blood reactivated stem cells in the old mice, boosting myelin generation.

White blood cells called macrophages from the young mice gathered at the sites of myelin damage. Macrophages engulf and destroy pathogens and debris, including destroyed myelin (Cell Stem Cell, DOI: 10.1016/j.stem.2011.11.019)

I have to wonder though.. With all the hubbub over the big pharma companies not doing anything for us, are they finaly throwing us a bone to shut us up or are these guys really doing what they're getting paid for... Finding cures.

edit on 17-1-2012 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

If the claims are correct, this could save a lot of people from a lot of suffering. Unfortunately we're all aware that the medical industry will not allow any cures or treatments that cut back their profits of the current medications.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

... washed away by stream of young blood

why does this make me think of the Contessa de Bathory?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

lol same thing crossed my mind when I saw it.

Fountain of Youth... Live off the blood of the young.

Something of Dune also comes to mind.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Because she bathed in virgin blood? Oh was that rhetorical?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This does leave to wonder, just how many other illnesses that can be cured with a simple blood transfusion from younger subjects. I have heard some years ago that this was a workable way to counter AIDs. I'm not sure how far they've gotten with that, and by seeing the information out there today, they may have gone a diffrent route.

Hmmm Imagine the demand for blood then!

Scary thought where this could lead. lol

top topics

join