It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Smacks Down Fox Moderators on Military/Defense Spending!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
reply to post by Eurisko2012

The Keystone Pipeline will not have created 20,000 jobs.

And, once it were to be built, and completed, then any of the few thousand construction jobs (if that many....probably a few hundred) will have gone away, since maintaining it would not need those who originally built it.

However, although the President is doing the right thing for the environment (if he kills it), it will be used as a political club with that inflated, and inaccurate, figure of "20,000 jobs" by those corporate interests, and their paid-and-bought political cronies.

The right-wing noise machine is ramping back up, again.

Obama knows he will be pushed out onto the golf course. Hillary is pushing him out the
door. Look for her to be trotted out in February 2012.

As a last act of honesty Obama will act like a Marxist and kill the Keystone Pipeline.
--------
BTW, Ron Paul is toast. Did you notice the crowd cheering Newt?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Fantastic Clip!

The number one complaint that people (sheeple) give to me when I explain Ron Paul is (oh watch out for his foreign policy's)

Maybe now I can refer them to a clip like this, I think its hard for the Sheep to misunderstand this one!

Good day,

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by marinesniper0351
Yes I agree it was a good reference but his overall performance was horrible IMHO compared to his other performances, maybe he was tired or sick I dont know but he did not to be all there.

Arrgghhh no Mitt...

Well if RP does not make it I guess the alternate choice for me is Newt, not because I believe him more or less thn the others, but because I know he would tear Obama a new one in an debate hands down...

sniper

Newt nuked Ron Paul. It's over.
--------
Rick Santorum also did very well.

All reasonable Americans will vote for ABO Nov.6, 2012.
Anybody But Obama

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diablos
The one thing I do agree with RP is this nation building that needs to stop. When we go into a target country, we need to reduce it to a wasteland, seize its resources, and then leave it to local bandits to pillage. That's how a glorious invasion used to take place in the good days of old.

On everything else, he is 100% wrong. He's a typical politician. Bringing the troops back and closing embassies is the start, which does seem reasonable, but he will slowly but surely go from there to slash the defense budget. The military industrial complex is what keeps us the great nation we are and what fuels our war machine. Do you really think anyone can justify building large solid state laser weapons or f-18 jets and funding them when we aren't in a war? This will definitely cause job loss and damage the economy. But, of course, a pacifist like him dismisses the benefits of war for our economy and our country in general, so nothing out of the ordinary.

Are you delusional?

But seriously, do you actually agree with the stuff your saying or are you just trying to stir the pot? I honestly do not see how any one with morals and standards and a decent heart/ soul could be so evil.. You want to go into another country and basically rob them from the little that they have just because you want more of it??? WHO GIVES YOU THE RIGHT??? The president? People with that mentality IMO, need to be locked up...

Im starting to think that you and outcastsearcher are 1 in the same... Or your both getting paid to be on here spewing garbage...

(oh wait, your a second yr college student) My bad.. I guess you DO KNOW EVERYTHING...

Just because your educated doesnt mean your intelligent... Its pretty obvious..

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by satoriku

I understand that all mainstream media is full of crap, i was using fox news as the example because i was talking about the republican nominees and that tends to be the news channel that almost every republican i know watches. I have no political affiliation and dont even vote because my vote means nothing. I would be more than happy to do so if it did.

I also meant that the POTUS will comply or die at the hands of the elite that control our government. I dont know what you thought i meant.

I got a little worked up because it is absurd to me that constant war is essential to economic growth. I understand how eliminating much of the military budget would lead to less jobs for americans, but fighting and creating weapons to grow our empire is one of the reasons we are buried in debt. It is a temporary fix to a huge problem. If we continue on our current path, there will be no jobs for anyone.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxdaniel21If you think that's the case, and that "war" is the answer to your country's financial problems, well take a look at your "great nation"'s deficit.
Sure, it looks all well and good now, but it's like free spending on your credit card. You can buy all the nice items and enjoy them, but in a few years, it will catch up to you.
Sure, you could justify building weapons by being actively involved in a war... But those things cost money - money your country simply doesn't have.

Stop skewing the facts. The reason our country is in financial turmoil is because of increased spending for all these government entitlements and funding over-bloated bureaucracies such as the Department of Education that need to be dismantled. Trimming the unnecessary fat in the federal government is truly the best solution to our financial problems, not slashing funding for defense and stopping wars, which cause more harm than good for this country's economy and many people that are employed in the defense industry.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ls1camericBut seriously, do you actually agree with the stuff your saying or are you just trying to stir the pot? I honestly do not see how any one with morals and standards and a decent heart/ soul could be so evil.. You want to go into another country and basically rob them from the little that they have just because you want more of it??? WHO GIVES YOU THE RIGHT??? The president? People with that mentality IMO, need to be locked up...

Of course I am, don't be ridiculous. And we don't need to be given the "right", life isn't fair and chaos in this universe is always increasing (a fundamental law of thermodynamics). Human nature has been the same for tens of thousands of years and people will continue to fight for resources until the extinction of the mankind. Nothing changes.

We are the superpower of the world and will dominate the world and reduce countries to wasteland if needed to better the lives of Americans.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Did you notice the crowd cheering Newt?

Smallish, and selective sample from one particular state. And, what he said that they cheered for?

Disgusting.

Newt lives up to his name, BTW.....he's so slimy, can't stand to watch the hypocrite. RP, if can gain enough delegates for the Repub's convention? Rock the boat, he will.......

(BTW....I am not really a fan of RP, not entirely. He is "right" in some areas, in terms of "smaller" government....certainly the mainstream Repubs, despite their claims, are ALL FOR "big" Gov't, it's obvious in their actions....and their mutual back-scratching with corporations, and the tentacles that pass so much money around illicitly......BIG Gov't as long as they can find a way to profit personally from it).

edit on Wed 18 January 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join