It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Fight For Equality When We Aren't Born Equal?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Hindsight is 20/20.

The future is blind.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Equal Rights is about having the same opportunities as everyone else by law.

It is not about being Equal.

Exactly! Star for ya!

I have had this debate to many times to count after saying that.

Some people just don't seem to understand that though.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Imagine in your system people would all be equal as stated with a fair wage. And that wage would be supplemented with a pension till you die you would have a reasonable salary and could consume in comparison above average today.
Now imagine you will get a kid that for some reason turns out to have an IQ under 70 with an extremely short attention span and not capable of acquiring any skills. Possibly the result of the oxygen shortage he suffered when your wife died while in labor. So then in your society when you would die what exactly would your kid be doing if he can't even sweep the floor ? You wouldn't have saved enough money to guarantee your child a good live if all wages are equal I imagine.

Ok extremely dramatic example but I am really curious if you considered my question in a real world situation.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by no special characters

Haha just a bit dramatic.

But of course I can answer.

We have people that work in the professions of looking after the less fortunate here and now.

Well the same thing applies, to the society I envisage. These professions will still exist.

So in answer to your question, I'm sure some type of agency or person would take care of my child.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
So when I've had quite enough of your "job" or the "people" assigned around me and decide to go do something else to achieve my potential there's no resistance right?
Or are we enslaved to a system trading freedom for "security"????

Thanks but No thanks... If I can't stomach the backstabbing ladder climbing morons Or my view of the world and what I want to do changes I can always walkaway now.
edit on 17-1-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
...our less intelligent brethren. They could be utilised for the roles that don't need much intelligence or direction. This isn't a bad thing as everyone would have their place in this society. Every role keeps the world moving in the right direction.
Anyway, so on, until everyone has a place in society. From early age individuals will have been screened and tested. We would know their potential in every way, so we could almost farm each individual into their specialty area of society,

Aldous Nuxley, Brave New World, 1932
The five castes are Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, and Epsilon.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
God didn't make men equal. Smith and Wesson did.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I think you answered that yourself, of course people need to fight for equality, we are all human and all deserve to be equal.

To this system, i wouldnt want anybody telling how to live my life, what job i must have because im incapable of doing something else, imagine if the likes of Alan Sugar and Richard Branson took this test when they finished school with no qualifications, and the computer gave them jobs as pizza delivery men, then you wouldnt have the likes of Virgin worth billions of pounds and deal in everything from trains to taking civilians into space. Its madness, you wouldnt be free if i didnt like the job given to me would i be locked up indefinitely, people who want to do well in life and are hardworking have the right to do anything they put their mind to.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join