It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Fight For Equality When We Aren't Born Equal?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Glass

Ok,

1. We simply say. Perform to your best or have a very unhappy career. That way the fault is their own. They have to.deal with it.

2. There are either multiple OKers to the results. Or the computer makes the final decision.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
reply to post by Jassu

Would you want a job, you didn't even know existed?

What happens to people that simply do not want to work ?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Behavioural therapy away from the population, and reintroduced into society. Or major rebels, detained indefinitely. No killing needed.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Behavioural therapy away from the population, and reintroduced into society. Or major rebels, detained indefinitely. No killing needed.

Sounds like re-education camps.

No thanks, while I do see your logic, I just can't get on board.

I guess I would be one of the rebels.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

Remember I said many test, not simply IQ. They will be thoroughly examined in all ways, so in the end you will get only what you deserve and are capable of.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

I must admit I'm not really satisfied with your answers. Perhaps you should have been assigned to a position involving less thinking

Mean spirited jokes aside, I find too many moral and practical flaws with your system at a glance. I don't think it would hold up under heavier scrutiny from people more clever than myself.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Why rebel? You have everything handed to you on a plate in this society. It would make no sense what so ever. I never said that you would have less pay or a worse of life style.

Remember I said everyone in this society would be equally as needed to make the world go round. We couldn't afford for people to not feel less needed.
edit on 17-1-2012 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Glass

Haha, each to his own of course.

I just believe this system would be fair. I don't understand how if someone gave you a job in which you could suceed to the best of your ability. almost as if you were tailor made for the job, and it for you. How would it be bad?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Why rebel? You have everything handed to you on a plate in this society. It would make no sense what so ever. I never said that you would have less pay or a worse of life style.

Remember I said everyone in this society would be equally as needed to make the world go round. We couldn't afford for people to not feel as needed.

I believe in being self aware and as self sustaining as possible. These things give me the drive to succeed. But humans are corruptable creatures and I do not see your theory as being a way to actually create equality.

There are always some who will game the system. If not for themselves, then for family and friends.

Unless you are saying that we all turn our lives over to a computer?

I don't think that would turn out good.
edit on 17-1-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by no special characters

See post above your own.

Really, people that don't want to work are a waste of space.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

True, humans are easily led into corruption. This system would be no different. But if we can get rid of just 1% of that corruption, wouldn't it be worth it?

And yes if given to a computer with AI, then it would be worrying. But a computer running on a simple program, that's hardly anything to be concerned about. It won't know, it will just do.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Please correct me if I’m wrong. But this thread is sounding like a politically correct rant against those who for lack of a better word, are leeches on society.

Drug Dealers, people on welfare who have no inclination to get off of it and continue to have babies just to get more money, corporate lackeys who screw people over without a second thought, Wars being waged for vague reasons, etc, etc.

And you are looking for a solution to all this? Is that about right?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

No, I just have many interesting thoughts I like to share.

But now you mention it, what a way to strengthen my argument.

Yes, infact I think my simple thought might save the world. Haha.

Seriously though, something could be different to change the current state of things. Do you agree?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

No, I just have many interesting thoughts I like to share.

But now you mention it, what a way to strengthen my argument.

Yes, infact I think my simple thought might save the world. Haha.

Seriously though, something could be different to change the current state of things. Do you agree?

Not really. And it may only strengthen your argument in your opinion.

People are people and have their own view on things. What you propose to be implemented would result in a war that has no end, until one side eliminated all those who disagreed with them.

People have different cultures, lifestyles, ethics and morals all over the planet. I’m sure that many of them think that their way is the best for humanity. And they would fight the change you propose.

In the long run, you are talking genocide. History takes a dim view of that.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Equal Rights is about having the same opportunities as everyone else by law.

It is not about being Equal.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

No, I never said anything about killing.

It would just have to be a slow transition, in order for it to work. It won't happen over night. Rome wasn't built in a day.

We won't have to wait long for whatever comes next. This world is ripe for destroying itself.
I believe we can prevent such a catastrophe from happening in the near future.

If you believe this is the pinnacle of our civilization, then I pity you. The world could be such a better place, we just need a complete revamp of the current system.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I believe in that too.

But when the opportunity pertains to work and a job. Let's get what's best for the individual.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I believe in that too.

But when the opportunity pertains to work and a job. Let's get what's best for the individual.

Not sure what you mean. You "believe" in Equal Rights by law?

We do have affirmative action - - disabilities act - - and a lot of other programs to help qualified people who may be turned away for reasons other then qualifications.
edit on 17-1-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

OK, after a Major war that affected all continents, I could see towns using your theory to rebuild themselves and that is probably as far as it would go. It would stay local.

But if a nation were to get it's act together and rebuild itself, I fear it would just be more of the same that we have now.

But at this current moment in time, it would take generations to get to where you propose, and all it takes is one person in the right place at the right time to upset that plan or even co-opt it to fit their plan, which is more than likely.
edit on 17-1-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Hey, who knows what the future holds?

Anyway, I suppose we all have ideas of how to run the place. Let's wait and see what happens, I suppose.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join