It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrails Over Florida 1-17-12

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I live in north Florida and I woke up pretty early this morning and had to ride to town with my friend that is handicapped to go to the post office. I noticed it was a bit hazy but I don't get a good look at the full sky where I live because of there being so many trees...So as we get out into the open, I notice the entire sky fully of hazy chemtrails that have expanded over time and had covered the entire sky...Also see at least 10 airplanes leaving more....I go check the radar map and theres absolutley nothing on there....but yet we have an entire sky full of clouds...

Now I don't know what "chemtrails" consist of or anything but what I do know, is something crazy is going on...I see chemtrails a lot around where I live, but today was the worst I have seen in a while...Check out a few pictures I took...I didnt have a camera when I seen it at its worse state(go figure) Anyone else from Florida here notice a over abundance of the trails today?

edit on 17-1-2012 by daniel5383 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Hey OP,

What makes you think these are chemical based? I'm just curious; I see a lot of contrails where I am. A lot disappear after a minute, some an hour. I still don't know of a way to determine if its a contrail or chemtrail just by looking though.

Peace
edit on 17-1-2012 by Thundersmurf because: spelling

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by daniel5383

Thanks for posting! I am thankful, but be prepared for the the donkey of a peanut gallery ready to slit your throat on this matter.

I want all the naysayers and the OP to notice the metallic look of the light from the sun in one of the pictures posted above. Make a mental note in your hard drive, and then wait for a TRULY hazy day and you will find that you DO NOT notice the metallic properties in the light given off by Sol.

Just try it...you will not be disappointed!

That's actually a pretty good picture....if you look closely you will notice a pinkish-redish color a little further east of the sun(if we assumed the top of the picture was N.) notice the coloration resembles one or two of the colors of a sun dog anomaly but in a broader area.
edit on 17-1-2012 by radpetey because: (no reason given)
Normal clouds do not generally give off these metallic like rainbow effects...they just don't.
edit on 17-1-2012 by radpetey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I see clouds and contrails.

Did I miss something?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Did you not see the clear radar sweep........no clouds

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
You meant to say contrails, right?
Not chemtrails..

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
I see clouds and contrails.

Did I miss something?
Nope, that's all I see too.

This 'metallic' hue in the clouds spoken of, where is it? The first picture? That's an easy explanation, blue hue taken through the anti-glare strip of a car windshield. If you're speaking of another pic I can't see what you're talking about...

Chemtrails... Lol...

I find it hilarious that people will believe there is some huge conspiracy involving every single pilot, co-pilot, aircraft mechanic & technician, etc. Before they're willing to believe that the Government is hiding crashed UFOs n' stuff...

Personally, the UFO conspiracies and conspiracy theorists are more believable than anyone spouting anything about 'chemtrails'...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by radpetey

Cirrus clouds NEVER appear on weather radar.

And, the photos are cirrus clouds, with a few normal, everyday contrails. Not really anything odd about that.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ArrowsNV

The coloration could be the windshield, or a little lens flare, but I asked all of you to start looking over the next couple weeks and then check back in.

Look up often!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

You never did pipe in on that other thread about the issue of the reflective metallic coloring in the clouds.

Care to give you opinion, since you are probably a pilot?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I find it funny that people say these are cirrus clouds, when I have sat there for hours and watched a "contrail" expand and turn into a long looking "cirrus" cloud...I call them chemtrails because contrails to me are the ones that just dissapate and the ones I have seen ever since I was a young kid...chemtrails are these "contrails" that just sit in the sky and expand into clouds...You can tell me that it is from the altitude all you want or humidity or whatever it is you want to say, but I just don't think it is...call me crazy I really don't care...Nobody knows for sure and I can have an opinion

and the hue is from the windshield btw

edit on 17-1-2012 by daniel5383 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

......when I have sat there for hours and watched a "contrail" expand and turn into a long looking "cirrus" cloud...

The initial contrail is nothing but a different form of cirrus cloud. Our technology, just the fact that we fly jets through saturated air, produce those cirrus clouds. When conditions are suitable, they will remain, and actually contribute to making MORE cirrus clouds.

How do you think natural cirrus come to be, in the first place??

The initiation of the clouds is "artificial" in a way....a by-product....but physical process of cloud development is the same.

I call them chemtrails because contrails to me are the ones that just dissapate and the ones I have seen ever since I was a young kid...

You just never saw the persistent contrails that ALSO existed, even when you were just a young kid.

....chemtrails are these "contrails" that just sit in the sky and expand into clouds...

Oh, wait.....good, now you are acknowledging that they are mere clouds.

Good.

Nobody knows for sure.....

Actually, people DO know what a contrail, and a cirrus cloud are.

.....and the hue is from the windshield btw ....

See? See how the other member jumped on the what was called "metallic hue" of one of your photos, when it was nothing of the sort? That is an example of the sort of misinformation and misidentification, based on missing knowledge and experience, that exists on this topic.

Oh, and for educational purposes.....recall I mentioned different types of cirrus clouds, both natural and those produced by jets?

Cirrus Clouds

Cloud Classification and Characteristics (NOAA)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by radpetey
reply to post by boncho

What in god's name makes you think clouds show up on radar? They don't. Weather Radar reflects off of precipitation - rain, snow, hail, not water vapor. The clouds in the photos are normal looking cirrus clouds, a precurser to the cold front which should reach Florida tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

.....the issue of the reflective metallic coloring in the clouds.

There is none. It's a non-issue.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Sorry man , I just see comtrails and clouds. One thing I try to base my conclussions on when it comes to determaining the difference between the two is, pattern of chemtrails, cosistencey, and the weather for that day. Also altitude factors, as well as how long the trail remains.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by F4guy

There is a radar for water vapor.

Have you not seen the water vapor loop on the weather channel

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Water vapor is a gas.

It is the gaseous state of water. It is not detectable on weather radar.

The "Weather Channel's" loop:

www.weather.com...

.........Is a satellite image, not radar.

It uses technology such as InfraRed, and Shortwave InfraRed. From satellites. To detect the atmospheric saturation (water vapor and Relative Humidity) levels.

Info is from the GOES-12 and GOES-10 satellites:

weather.rap.ucar.edu...

Images from GOES-12 and GOES-10 satellites:

Visible
Infrared (Color)
Infrared (B/W)
Water Vapor*
Shortwave IR*

More:

HOW DOES WATER VAPOR IMAGERY WORK?

Water vapor imagery is used to analyze the presence and movement of water vapor moisture in the upper and middle levels of the atmosphere. The wavelength spectrum used to detect water vapor is in the 6.7 to 7.3 micrometer wavelength range. The upper and middle levels of the atmosphere are from about 650 mb to the top of the troposphere. Above the troposphere there is very little moisture.

Note that standard Sea Level pressure is 1013.2 mb. 650 mb is about 3,700 meters, or about 12,000 feet.

BTW, since we're talking northern Florida, here are some radiosonde (weather balloon) readings too, for the vicinity of Tallahassee:

University of Wyoming Radiosonde TLH

University Radiosonde Home Page

On that graph of info, for the typical airliner altitudes (where the contrails, and thus the cirrus clouds, form), you're looking at 300 mb and upwards. 300 mb is about 9,500 meters/31,000 feet. Typical cruise altitude, lower end. Note the humidity as you go above that altitude.

edit on Tue 17 January 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Sorry! please forgive my ignorance related to the radar issue......Thanks for the lesson!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by radpetey
reply to post by F4guy

There is a radar for water vapor.

Have you not seen the water vapor loop on the weather channel

That is NOT radar. Water vapor is not visible at the 10-12 micron wavelength. That Weather Channel presentation is a satellite loop in the visual and/or near infrared range. If you want to get really serious about detecting water vapor, you could use a very expensive satellite radiometer tuned to wavelengths between 6.5 and 6.9 microns. By the way, the satellite (and not radar) loop you are so fond of comes from our GOES-1 satellite and is a representation of water vapor at about 12,000 feet, five miles below the normal jet cruising altitude where contrails are formed.

The reason that weather radar won't pick up cirrus cloud water vapor is that the mature water vapor particles making up cirrus clouds are only in the 1 cm^-3 range while weather radar, even the modern stuff, is in the cm range. If radar wavelength is larger than the target surface, you get no reflection.
Want to reconsider?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Whatever you want to call them, there were at least 2 planes leaving these trails all over San Diego today.

I took lots of photos of the events, and when I got home and looked closer, I found that at least one of the planes has a blue stripe on the side and appears to be a Boeing E-4B.

I could not locate these planes on the "PlaneFinder" website. They were flying strange "S" patterns and looping back onto eachother's trails over San Diego and La Jolla.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join