It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Comes Full Circle? Santorum's Wife Dated Abortion Doc?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
List to Source:

Before Karen Met Rick

But Mrs. Santorum, 51, apparently wasn’t always committed to the cause. In fact, her live-in partner through most of her 20s was Tom Allen, a Pittsburgh obstetrician and abortion provider 40 years older than she, who remains an outspoken crusader for reproductive rights and liberal ideals. Dr. Allen has known Mrs. Santorum, born Karen Garver, her entire life: he delivered her in 1960.

You know... regardless of the party, Dem or GOP, it seems whenever someone is SoooOooO against something, there is something lingering in the closet somewhere waiting to be found.

If you are super Anti-gay.. you turn out to be gay. Kind of funny.

Turn out to be against abortions 100% of the time (including rape/incest) well your wife might just have been banging an abortion doctor 40 years her senior and maybe that just makes you stew inside.

Juicy eh?
edit on 1/17/2012 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

Whenever you point out the hypocrisy to the Jesus freaks, they will use the "golden" excuse.

"I spoke to Jesus , and he forgave me, so that doesn't matter now"

Can't argue with religious nutjobs, they use their crazy against you.

edit on 17-1-2012 by Tw0Sides because: spelling, due to lack of coffee

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Not that I support Santorum but what his wife did over 20 years ago has what to do with him?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Not that I support Santorum but what his wife did over 20 years ago has what to do with him?

Because personal opinions reflect on people's character, and in this case, could be shaping public policy.

After reading the OP the first thing I thought was similar to your post, yet, humans take on crusades because of personal issues. Anyone who vehemently opposes something usually has a personal stake in it. It's how those strong opinions are formed.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
All that aside I find it super creepy to give BIRTH to a baby as a 40 year old and then 20 years later live with that child and possible have a sexual relationship as a 60 year old.

[shivers]

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

It's news. That is why I posted it. I also find it Ironic. Don't you?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Who cares, I’m sorry, Our freedoms and liberties are being taken away. The economy is on the verge of collapse and we are bickering over petty social issues. On the course we are heading, you won’t have the luxury to bicker about social issues

link   

Originally posted by mudbeed

I also find it Ironic. Don't you?

About her? Yes. About him? No.

link   

The First Lady tends to the "Social Warrior" in the White House. I think this sounds a bit creepy and makes me question what her true character is.

link   
reply to post by mudbeed

There's nothing wrong with 2 people being on 2 different sides of an issue and still be friends/lovers.

Because she was with him doesn't mean she supported his ideas.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

My stance is that the usual policies that ONLY pop up during elections , Gay --anything, Abortion are tools that nutjobs like Sanitorium whip up to to get the Jesus freaks to elect them.

How can he pass judgement on America as a whole, when he had no problem marrying a women who had supported Abortion at one time.

link   

Originally posted by wdkirk
reply to post by mudbeed

There's nothing wrong with 2 people being on 2 different sides of an issue and still be friends/lovers.

To have sex with the doctor that gave birth to you?

Gives new meaning to robbing the cradle.

link   

Originally posted by boncho

Because personal opinions reflect on people's character, and in this case, could be shaping public policy.

After reading the OP the first thing I thought was similar to your post, yet, humans take on crusades because of personal issues. Anyone who vehemently opposes something usually has a personal stake in it. It's how those strong opinions are formed.

It's probably the way I said it that gives a negative taste. Truth is what you said though about personal crusades.

How many politicians have come out super strong against an issue only to be in-turn directly related to that issue.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Had John Newton not seen the horrors of slavery first hand, and been a slave trader himself, I doubt he would have been so passionate about opposing it. The same could be said about Jill Stanek, the ex-abortion nurse. History is full of similar examples, I'm not quite sure what you are going for here? Does this mean the most liberal minded, hate filled athiests are really hardcore fundamentalist Christians at heart by your theory?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

reply to post by mudbeed

I completely agree with you. Most of the people that would vote for Santorum would not agree with you and I though.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd
Had John Newton not seen the horrors of slavery first hand, and been a slave trader himself, I doubt he would have been so passionate about opposing it. The same could be said about Jill Stanek, the ex-abortion nurse. History is full of similar examples, I'm not quite sure what you are going for here? Does this mean the most liberal minded, hate filled athiests are really hardcore fundamentalist Christians at heart by your theory?

There is nothing wrong with his beliefs even if I don't agree. It's kind of obvious where the seed was planted at this point. His wives shame...lol. (I made a funny)
edit on 1/17/2012 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

reply to post by mudbeed

1st of all, consenting adults can do what they want. Its not like they were relatives.

Besides, I'm not talking about their physical relationship.

On topic:

I am talking about the issue at hand which is abortion. He is pro she is not.

2 people can be together and have different views on subjects like this.

My wife is Democrat. I am Republican. We argue lots of topics.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by mudbeed

Whenever you point out the hypocrisy to the Jesus freaks, they will use the "golden" excuse.

"I spoke to Jesus , and he forgave me, so that doesn't matter now"

Can't argue with religious nutjobs, they use their crazy against you.

edit on 17-1-2012 by Tw0Sides because: spelling, due to lack of coffee

yeah, riiiight.
And you are surely one of those opposed to raising children into the faith, right?
So the logic you prescibe to is that you are not to know the difference between right and wrong as you create a foundation and you should not be forgiven when you come to know the truth of your failed parenting. Go figure.

btw, I am not a Santorum fan...but hypocricy is offending to me, whether it's a person of faith or not.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

reply to post by mudbeed

1st of all, consenting adults can do what they want. Its not like they were relatives.

On topic:

I agree with you, but this news story is still a relative political topic no? Are you telling me that this would not affect Santorum's run? (as if he had a chance)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I am, it sounds like she isn't the woman I would want as First Lady and I question her husband as a result - plus he's an egotistical maniac.

Yeah, I don't care about that. If she ends up in the White House I'll be creeped out everytime I see her from now on.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join