It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalist Chris Hedges Sues Obama Admin over Indefinite Detention of U.S. Citizens Approved in NDAA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Journalist Chris Hedges Sues Obama Admin over Indefinite Detention of U.S. Citizens Approved in NDAA

www.democracynow.org

Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Chris Hedges has filed suit against President Obama and Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta to challenge the legality of the National Defense Authorization Act, which includes controversial provisions authorizing the military to jail anyone it considers a terrorism suspect anywhere in the world, without charge or trial. Sections of the bill are written so broadly that critics say they could encompass journalists who report on terror-related issues, such as Hedges
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Very interesting, I wonder if he will succeed?

I would love to see Obama and the people who voted for this garbage, in front of a judge, justifying their pissing on the constitution of the United States yet again.

You went to far this time guys, hopefully this gets to the supreme court and they burn this bill in public for everyone to see. It's a joke. Lindsey Graham can go to you know where to.

www.democracynow.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Could the NDAA be considered a act of war on American citizens?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I'll bet some judge rules that he has no legal standing to bring suit since he has not been personally affected. Of course, anyone who is peronally affected will never get to see a lawyer.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The guy posted an article as to why he is filing suit. Ver good read, and speaks to many things a lot of us on this board debate almost daily:

Chirs Hedges - Why I'm Suing

Nice to see a journalist without cranial rectumitis.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Entertainment only....
It will give the rest of us the chance to go back to sleep again....
Oh well chris is doing it so we dont have to............................sheeesh!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
I'll bet some judge rules that he has no legal standing to bring suit since he has not been personally affected. Of course, anyone who is peronally affected will never get to see a lawyer.

That was my thought as well. Until you've had all of your rights stripped away, placed in a prison, and denied access to the court system... until that happens you cannot access a lawyer and file suit. Wait.... logic fail...?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan

Very interesting, I wonder if he will succeed?
Of course he wont! Still, anything that keeps this fascist legislation in the news is a good thing

S&F btw

top topics

join