It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

problems concentrating, mental block

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 05:57 AM
link   
for those who are aware of my experiences with meditating and OOBE's or not, to this date they have been my last. recently, my mind feels far more flustered than usual when i attempt to meditate, so basically, since those past experiences i've had nothing else but the attempt, which has always been led astray somehow. it's hard to explain, like some kinda block, or barrier is in the way. its very difficult for me to get anywhere, even to meditate. perhaps it could be related to stress, though i've been wondering about possible outside interferances. any advice/help? dfh out.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
anything going on in your life that may be making you depressed or feel different in some way? like switching jobs, starting school, new girlfriend, losing girlfriend, etc? i know when stuff like this happens i have trouble concentrating too, although on the outside i feel fine, deep down something is bothering me and i can't meditate untill i deal with the issue.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Drugs or other mind-numbing substances (alcohol, television, too much internet, etc) may harm your ability to concentrate. At first, people believe they are "mind-expanding," and initially they can be, but over time they actually diminish your ability to focus. Not that I think you are using drugs or abusing other things, but you might ask yourself if it might be something along those lines.

[edit on 13-9-2004 by Estrella]

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 05:34 AM
link   
well i dont do drugs, and its been a long while since ive been drunk or had alcohol... i am at a pivitol stage in my life though, trying to decide where to go and such, so maybe that has something to do with it. well either way, i'll keep tabs on how it goes and see what unfolds. dfh out.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The following is a good way to increase concentration, but you have to have lots of discipline though.

Take a pencil, and look at it in detail... Look at every shape and color of the pencil. Now close your eyes and try to picture the pencil in your mind exactly as it is in reality. Try to keep the picture in your mind as long as possible. As soon as one interfering thought comes into your mind, stop the exercise immediately and start over again. Do this for about ten minutes every day.

In the beginning most people won't even last 5 seconds. But with daily practise, one can last the full 10 minutes seeing the pencil in their mind without having one interfering picture. But it will take months or maybe even years to reach to that point. It will also take an enormous amount of patience, will power and discipline as well.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
hmm... interesting. that would need a lot of patience and determination indeed. i will give it a try bandit. thanks everyone for their suggestions. dfh out.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Yeah, maintaining good concentration & focus & awareness is my saviour. When you're weakened in any of these areas, you make yourself to vulnerable.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
That pencil drill is awesome.

You might want to look into this as well
www.transparentcorp.com... it's the mind software stuff. Try neuroprogrammer. Its got like a 15 day trial I think. That should help.

[edit on 043131p://16u04 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Sounds like good exercises, the pencil & all...

If anyones beyond that point, and the mellow way doesn't even begin to...

I've done this SHOCK treatment-> just s-t-a-r-e at a clear lightbulb, the kind where you can see the curley filiment glowing...
when your eyes get dry...DONT BLINK...just squint enough to moisten 'em...

even filtering the intense light thru your eyelashes is ok...as you focus on the filiment...watch as your minds eye telescopes closer- closer...you can almost see the electrons marching along the spiraling filiment...

Its been several minutes...of intense staring....when you close your eye lids....your still see the glowing fillament....the light has burned thru your
active, conscious, work-a-day, mindset....the point of light grows to an orb
about fistsize at arm length....You see there is a landscape awashed by the intense light in that mind-orb

as you follow deeper deeper into that orb of light that punctured thru your
busy mind...you realize that you are seeing another land as you are the eyes of an eagle, soaring over primival landscapes

Welcome to the (pineal) chakra world

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
This might sound stupid, but it happened to me once

Just get more sleep. sometimes you cant concentrate properly because u haven't slept properly, it sounds very obvious, but I guarentee you it's a factor that no-1 considers

top topics

join