It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time to demand answers about these "strange sounds"

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
or they could be the mating calls of cosmic jellyfish...o.O

but seriously, ive heard of these sounds being heard in mexico.... anywhere else?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Wow - I meant to get back earlier to post this, and look how many pages it is now! So - I didn't go through the rest of the pages; and if someone else has already posted this - then I am truly sorry. But look how great minds think alike!

A friend of mine sent me a link to a website by a guy who's been blogging about these strange noises since last fall. Here's the link: strangesoundsinthesky.com...

He's attempting to sift through all of the videos and try and sort out what he believes to be real, and what is fake. Which is awesome of him because I'd love to do the same thing if I had the time.

But the thing that most caught my eye was a piece he wrote called "Roaring in the Sky is Not a New Phenomenon: 1851 and 1864", and he credits a youtube user for calling his attention to it.

It has quotes from The Yearbook of Facts, published in 1851 and The British Meteorological Society, 1864.

People have been hearing these unexplained noises since back then, and trying to figure out what they were - just like we're doing today. Just one example is about a man named Alex Herschel, Esq., who sent a report to the British Meteorological Society that stated:

"In August of 1864 around 9pm, he witnessed the moon clearly with stormy clouds here and there. He could hear the wind roaring in the trees but was struck by the fact that the air was calm. He walked toward the roaring sound, apparently directional, to a clearing."

He then goes on to describe it as the “noise of spinning mills”. He also mentions rain, lightning and witness accounts of lunar rainbows.

But that's not all - there were three other witness accounts of the same phenomenon - and they described the noise as a “heavy luggage train”, and a "roar" which lasted from 30 minutes, to an hour.

If you take the time to read through, you will see the similarities between these stories, and the sounds people are hearing today.

So what I'm saying is - that this is a real phenomenon. I'm off to check on the history of weather patterns and earthquakes for those two years and see what's what - in case it is a phenomenon related to nature. If there doesn't seem to be one, I'm also going to see what was going on in those years in particular - in case the noise is related to beings coming around and checking on us from time to time.

So my best guesses are that these noises are an atmospheric phenomenon we just didn't know about before, or we may have cloaked, creepy sounding ufos hovering over us. I have to admit - the latter was my first instinct - and after reading that its been going on since the 1850's (and who knows how far back it goes), it's is definitely not some new thing someone just created.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by followingpythagoras

I'm off to check on the history of weather patterns and earthquakes for those two years and see what's what - in case it is a phenomenon related to nature. If there doesn't seem to be one, I'm also going to see what was going on in those years in particular - in case the noise is related to beings coming around and checking on us from time to time.

YAY YAY YAY!!! Good job! I hope you find some interesting info, and thanks for taking the time to do the research!!!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Some food for thought?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35
reply to post by followingpythagoras

I'm off to check on the history of weather patterns and earthquakes for those two years and see what's what - in case it is a phenomenon related to nature. If there doesn't seem to be one, I'm also going to see what was going on in those years in particular - in case the noise is related to beings coming around and checking on us from time to time.

YAY YAY YAY!!! Good job! I hope you find some interesting info, and thanks for taking the time to do the research!!!!!

Thanks! I've been looking around, and finding things on both fronts - but nothing entirely specific to those two years that jumped out at me as the cause. Something happened between those two years however, that might explain a lot of things going on - or it could just be coincidence.

I spotted this info at the bottom of the page I referenced in my last post - by someone named Panos. In 1859, the earth got hit by the largest solar flare in 160 years - it was named the Carrington Flare after the 33 year old solar astronomer Richard Carrington, who spotted it. This was the one that was so strong that even after the telegraph machines were disconnected from their batteries - they could still send messages through due to the amount of electricity in the air produced by the solar flare. Operators were getting shocked, and the sparks arcing off the lines were catching the telegraph paper on fire. Here's the link: science.nasa.gov...

I know there are a lot of people keeping a watch on the solar flares on this site - and after seeing this information, I'm really glad they are - just in case. Is there something that could "build up" and cause a solar flare that might also affect our atmosphere, creating weirdo noises both before and after the event? Some sort of magnetic burst from space, or from within the sun itself? I don't know enough about solar flares, or space weather in general for that matter, to form any kind of an educated guess. It's all pure speculation on my part.

It does make me wonder, though - I mean, NASA grounded, and sending out those weird "Emergency Preparedness" videos and such - remember those? And the strange things happening with the animals around the world for the past year.

Maybe it is like trumpets blowing, in a way. More like a nature-made early warning system of sorts. Like, if you hear these noises - make yourself a Faraday cage for all of your electronics!

I'll look around more when I can (this totally fascinates me) - but I wonder if this could be somehow connected?

Curiouser and curiouser.....

edit on 19-1-2012 by followingpythagoras because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Here's the sound caught on live tv during a baseball game. Listen to the commentators

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsurugi

Awesome! Everything you wrote is the kind of information I want to see and hear. I really appreciate your post. Even that video was a perfect video. The sound is similar, but def not the same repeated(copied) sound. Your last line, perfect It is nice to see other's who attempt to weed through and weed out. .

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
doubt this is a publicity stunt. Noise that loud would get people arrested in America.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

It would be really interesting if these sounds happened to occur during the Olympics.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
i really wonder what could this all be it is a very scary sound i even heard them talk about it on coast to coast am

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Has anyone looked into how certain frequencies affect the human state? I don't know much, but perhaps the sounds could be a wake up call so to speak. For example, there are certain tones that are soothing and others discomforting; maybe the tone itself is where we will find answers as to what's causing the noises and why.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
Here's the sound caught on live tv during a baseball game. Listen to the commentators

Apparently, they came up with an explanation for that one:

Update: Rays field reporter Todd Kalas reports the noise was feedback from speakers that were affected when Tropicana Field took a direct lightning strike.

Source

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by followingpythagoras
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

A friend of mine sent me a link to a website by a guy who's been blogging about these strange noises since last fall. Here's the link: strangesoundsinthesky.com...
But the thing that most caught my eye was a piece he wrote called "Roaring in the Sky is Not a New Phenomenon: 1851 and 1864", and he credits a youtube user for calling his attention to it.

It has quotes from The Yearbook of Facts, published in 1851 and The British Meteorological Society, 1864.

People have been hearing these unexplained noises since back then, and trying to figure out what they were - just like we're doing today. Just one example is about a man named Alex Herschel, Esq., who sent a report to the British Meteorological Society that stated:

"In August of 1864 around 9pm, he witnessed the moon clearly with stormy clouds here and there. He could hear the wind roaring in the trees but was struck by the fact that the air was calm. He walked toward the roaring sound, apparently directional, to a clearing."

He then goes on to describe it as the “noise of spinning mills”. He also mentions rain, lightning and witness accounts of lunar rainbows.

But that's not all - there were three other witness accounts of the same phenomenon - and they described the noise as a “heavy luggage train”, and a "roar" which lasted from 30 minutes, to an hour.

If you take the time to read through, you will see the similarities between these stories, and the sounds people are hearing today....

Excellent find, FollowingPythagoras, this is getting more & more interesting.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by cnsttsnc
Some food for thought?

(video of ship's horns deleted)

This is interesting, but not what I heard.

AuranVector

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Casandra

Originally posted by FlySolo

Apparently, they came up with an explanation for that one:

Update: Rays field reporter Todd Kalas reports the noise was feedback from speakers that were affected when Tropicana Field took a direct lightning strike.

Source

This is nothing like what I heard, not even close. I question the official explanation though. The noise in this video sounds more like high winds whipping around something.

AuranVector

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I think it's graboids.

We should see if Kevin Bacon is available to help.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
This seems to be the only place that I can get real information about these sounds. Ive been attempting to "research" as best I could outside of ATS, wondering if any local news media had covered the phenomenon or not. I came up with nothing. All I have to say is that if its a viral marketing campaign, I will be very upset. haha

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I live in a small city,lynwood and everyone seems to be hearing this strange "hum"it has the whole community in a state of panic, i hadnt heard about this until it occured here.it has happened two days in a row, on 1-19-12 and last night,1-20-12,it always starts at 11 or 12 in the night and ends at 4 in the morning,im surprised that this hasnt been on the news, why is it in the news,is it something the government is trying to cover up?We're all scared,we had never experienced something like this here.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
can it be the start of the Project Blue Book. You know holographic images and sounds in the sky to fool people into believing in the second coming

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330
In order to find the answer, one must ask questions.

1. What can we rule out?
2. Can we prove the authenticity of the sound?
3. What is the difference in the videos or audio recordings?
5. What known sounds sound similar or exactly like this?

Now do some comparisons. (audible sounds and computer sound waves comparisons)

Compare: authenticated audio/videos to known sounds
Compare: New audio/video to authentic audios/videos
Compare: New audio/video to known sounds
Compare: known sounds to other known sounds
Compare: recordings to recordings

If after this we do not have an answer, then it will be worth more investigations.

So, lets start by authenticating the video then compare it to other things that sound similar (or not so similar) then start ruling things out, using our ears and computer programs to measure sound waves.

From my point of view I think we need to start here, with this post.

Originally posted by jsettica
Here is something I can through in the mix, the sounds that i am hearing are similar to the sounds that I once heard on a CD that was made by Voyager 1 they put out a CD that had recordings of sounds of what space sounded like as the craft travailed through space. And it all so had sounds of when it got closer to a planet the sounds changed.

If this is what outer space sounds like in our atmosphere then something big has changed to let it in. The only thing that could let that happen is a change in our magnetic field, why I say that is some of the harmonics are vary low like a pressure wave traveling through the earths air. The sounds have no rime or rhythm just like the sounds on the voyager CD.

I thought you all might find this a little interesting that may be the sounds are coming from space but now we can here them as to before we could not, but what is more interesting is what has changed to let that happen ?

That is the real question What has changed?

You compare:

I think I may have heard a video that sounds like this too.

So if it's all man made, we should find out this way, if it's natural, we can find out this way too.

I thought you can not hear sound in space. Has something changed here?

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join