It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time to demand answers about these "strange sounds"

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
My official theory is that an alien civilization's calls are reaching our part of the solar system, and as the Earth rotates, the sounds are hitting the Earth in different spots.
People are hearing them from varying distances, and the recordings sound different from each, as you will have noticed after watching numerous videos.
An advanced alien civilization would most likely have much different technology for sound projection.
Maybe they know we are hear, but can't travel this far either.
Just a theory at this point with not much to back it up.
I have not heard of anyone else theorizing it like this, but I have yet to read every single response on every single thread (yet).

aloha and thanks for reading

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Here's a thought...

What if these sounds are in some way related to the 'bloop'... They kinda remind me of it a little bit...

Anyone else?

Kyle

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by zeeon

As stated before, I'm an ear witness to the rumbling sound, but not this new "cry" thing..

This reminds me of when DarkKnight (that poster who posted controversial things awhile back) said that he would hear a "crying, sighing" from the skies.....

OK I know that most people do not like Dark Knight and feel they have debunked him, but in his post from 2006, he talks about the lights and sounds from the sky that are coming, here is his original post:

OK the event.

It will start with people reporting strange lights / colours / sounds from the sky. This will get more and more frequent over the years, and more and more people will panic. The people will see pictures /events in the sky. then they will see craft and the like in the skies, culminating with a night, where people will see, in the night sky, the stars of the plough dance and shift. they will dance and shift about, and then be seen to swoop down over the heads of people in the sky forming shapes and sounds

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 18-1-2012 by Aisling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Most of the videos I have seen on Youtube are definitely faked in my opinion. BUT some are not. I have heard for myself some 'strange sounds' in the Seattle area the last couple weeks. It sounds like a low flying jet yet much louder. My house rumbles. I am a pretty rational person so I am trying to research what it could be & also wondering what other people think. I have a few close friends that have remarked that it's a much different sound than the usual airplane noise. It's been very low thick clouds on 2 times I heard it & actually went outside to see. The clouds can amplify sound very much and it could be an aircraft above the clouds, dunno. It is similar but more overhead & extremely louder than the Taos hum which I have herd/felt about 12 years ago. Love to hear what people think about this!
edit on 18-1-2012 by toony because: spelling!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RBTRBT

That's exactly what happened to me. It was like 4 something am... before all of these threads started popping up so I didn't even think to post about it at the time. I did respond to a thread about it the next day but I'd have to go find it...

Anyway yea the noise was DEEP and it woke me and my boyfriend up. I got up to be sure it wasn't the heater, fridge, etc some other piece of equipment. Finally went outside and sat for about 15 mins smoking and it never stopped. What baffled me is that I didn't see anyone else come outside.... then again people might have disregarded it and went back to sleep, thats exactly what my boyfriend did.

I'm in Northern VA so honestly my thoughts at the time were that it was somehow government or military related... but after reading SO many different accounts.... I? just don't know.

And yea some of the youtube videos may be a hoax,,,bandwagoners... trust me SOME of us have heard it. I wish I had a camera so I could record things when they happen. I'm broke.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Checked out the website - your right it shows up then it seems to refresh and black out. Try hitting the refresh button in your browser... it worked for me to see all the text unblocked. If you can't get it to work let me know, I copied the text into a Word doc - its just really long and I don't want to post the whole thing if I don't need to.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkest4
It's a hoax, a hoax. The same exact audio track, sometimes slightly edited, was added to random unrelated videos across the world. It even has the same damn bird sounds in many of them. How are people just ignoring this fact just because they want to believe war of the worlds or some other nonsense is happening? Do people not know how easy it is to add an audio track into a video and upload it into youtube????

Why do we need to make 10 more threads when there's already 10 about the same thing? Does everyone need a piece of star and flag train or something? This site is so frustrating sometimes.
edit on 18-1-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

TRUE....7:00 minutes into the video and it shows green leaves on trees in Montreal, Canada. Green leaves in January whatever year in Canada is not possible.... Cripes, it's -13 C in Motreal right now.....

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Many of the videos are fakes, they are viral ads for mass effect 3.

Proof here.

ALS

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonyJai

Yes, I live in a small town in IL, an hour from any large city, even further from any military base. It is too bad that the whole thing seems to be "clouded" over by the hoaxers and so many that just heard a strange noise here and there.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Talking with friends and this might be an answer to the Seattle rumbles recently...Boeing closing Wichita defense plant I grew up outside Wichita and I heard sonic booms regularly, never failed to freak me out
Could they be moving their publicly unknown aircraft to Everett under cloud cover? dunno.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I am an young but experienced audio technician and I want to give my short opinion about these "weird sound" videos, especially the ones who sounds like a horn or a cry. I believe these videos to be mostly fake, I say mostly because i haven't seen them all.

These videos seems so be filmed with recently manufactured digital video recorders, who has DSP-systems in them, all except one who seems to be filmed with an analog video recorder, that most likely does not have a DSP-system in it. It is hard to say with 100% certainty that this is the case since there is very little information included in the clip, in any clip for that matter.

These dps-systems are there to work against digital audio clipping and work towards making the audio experience of the recording more pleasing and more intelligible. This is most commonly done with audio compressors and limiters, and certainly other effects.

One interesting observation I made was that the sound from the analog video was distorted, heavily. I listen to this distortion and I cannot for the life of me understand how that distortion could have been created from an analog recording. To me this distortion sounds added, manufactured, non-electrical. But it is also interesting that the digital-distortion is there, when to me the video is obviously from an older, analog recorder. Someone went to alot of trouble to either make this video work, badly though, or to find an old analog recorder, haven't seen them in ages.

Actually I find that every video that I listen to I come to the conclusion that the sound is added with editing. The reason that I come to this conclusion is that I cannot hear the dps-systems of the cameras work in any of the videos that I have listened to. IF the sound is sooo loud that it is above all other sounds like they are in the videos then the dps-systems would start working and the sound-level of the background noise(white noise) and the sounds from the background would the altered in level because the video recorders dps-system would reduce the gain of the recorder to a level that is not dangerously close digital audio clipping. Instead in all videos that I have listened to the background noise and background activity is un-altered which makes me think that the "noise" is added with editing and this is just a viral hoax.

Also these seems to be a narrative in all videos that are very similar. Very little said and always cut short. It doesn't seem like the persons recording was startled that the sound was there and then pulled their recorders, they mostly just filmed some nature and then the sounds come and they are barely reacting to it. It seems like odd behavior to me if I were to film something this paranormal.

just my 0.02$ at the moment but if anyone wants to disprove me then please try, I admit I'm not 100% sure and I have not watched ALL the videos, there are quite a few of them.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Those sounds are the tests for the world wide sound system. This system, coupled with the various UFOs currently in use by the secret government, will be used to dupe the world populace into believing that our alien masters are returned.

It will be a staged production, so don't believe any of it. The elite of the elite have been planning this for a long time.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sleepermustawaken

But can we dance to it?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sleepermustawaken

this is a good theory, but can you cite more reading material on this?

many people have theories of unknowns that interest me, but then thats the end of my personal research.
i would at least like my chance to make my own opinions based on what you have found.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anmarie96
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Been thinking on this for awhile - and I am wondering if these sounds are part of an experiment gone wrong = Large Hadron Collider.

I don't think those in the know have any idea on what They are really tampering with and we would be hard pressed to get any information from them. I would assume, this is why it is not on MSM.

Pushing the subject may make men in little black suits and dark sunglasses apprear.

A scientist who sued to stop the LHC because he stated that it could make a black hole told in his argument that "if" one were created it would be the size of a quark and would eat a quark at a time for a few years, then a larger particle, an atom and so on. It would be about four years before any changes would occur. he mentioned that the oceans would have an eerie glow to them then. Strange lights would appear in the sky, and then the earth would have major tectonic disturbances. Finally it would begin to consume matter and the rest is a short painful experience. The sounds may be the beginnings of the consuming of matter, so that when it eats we hear it as sound due to the waves generated by in falling mass, like water sucked into a drain at high speed.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
Many of the videos are fakes, they are viral ads for mass effect 3.

Proof here.

ALS

Sorry, but there is no proof there. It's still just a theory. Don't get me wrong, it's a good theory and you could well be correct - but right now it's not proof and you shouldn't claim it to be.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Originally posted by Anmarie96
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Been thinking on this for awhile - and I am wondering if these sounds are part of an experiment gone wrong = Large Hadron Collider.

I don't think those in the know have any idea on what They are really tampering with and we would be hard pressed to get any information from them. I would assume, this is why it is not on MSM.

Pushing the subject may make men in little black suits and dark sunglasses apprear.

A scientist who sued to stop the LHC because he stated that it could make a black hole told in his argument that "if" one were created it would be the size of a quark and would eat a quark at a time for a few years, then a larger particle, an atom and so on. It would be about four years before any changes would occur. he mentioned that the oceans would have an eerie glow to them then. Strange lights would appear in the sky, and then the earth would have major tectonic disturbances. Finally it would begin to consume matter and the rest is a short painful experience. The sounds may be the beginnings of the consuming of matter, so that when it eats we hear it as sound due to the waves generated by in falling mass, like water sucked into a drain at high speed.

..yikes.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by voyger2
90% of the videos are recorded near a house (with a suitable and handy audio player or hi-fi) there is no movement of the people that are recording it... because they can't get away from the point of emission of the sound... how convenient!? I would love to see a footage of someone simple walking by at least half a mile recording these sound’s … (they can’t)

Mostly I agree with you. I haven't made an exhaustive search of all the YouTube vids being posted about this, but I recall one where the guy went outside and walked in one direction long enough to tell the audio--whatever its source--was not his stereo system.

Here it is...posted in 2009.

I know it's dark--an unfortunate side-effect of night-time--but you can tell he is walking, for some time, in a single direction.
Of course, he could have added the audio using video editing software.

Plus... these kind of sounds had to have local media (and I say local as... small radio stations, local newspaper, reports at police or fire departments, civil protection etc etc …)

Right again.
March 20th, 2011, Orlando channel 9 news. 911 calls, rumbling/shaking reported over large area, authorities interviewed, seismographs checked, no answers.

Other news reports I was able to find about hums/rumblings/unexplained noises:

ABC News
Dateline
Borneo Post
The Huffington Post

...just to name a few.

Google has a neat little toy that not too many people know about called Google Trends. You can use it to look at a frequency/time graph of keywords or phrases you choose. Here is a 12-month worldwide trend graph of the keyphrase "strange sounds".
Goodle Trends: Strange Sounds
Note the "News" spike in August 2011. Then of course the violent upward jog of the website keyword trend at the far right of the graph...of course a large amount of that is being generated here at ATS, but still.

Some people have called for a map. Google Maps makes this a simple but time-consuming task. ATS member thestinger began adding reported incidents to an open Map project and in this post invited others to add as well, provided they follow his marking legend and preferably included relevant info (type of sound, day/night, ground trembling/audio/both) as well as an incident report source url. I don't know how many other people worked on the map but I know I added quite a few. thestinger built a pretty good list himself and then found some earlier incident collections to add...
Anyway, here is the Map. I'm not sure if it helps or not, and it is by no means complete or exhaustive, but at least we have it. And it can still be added to.

So I think that, while I agree that a great many of the YouTube videos popping up are hoaxes jumping on the trend train, I think there is an authentic foundation of true anomalous phenomena taking place. It's just a bit time consuming to kick all the posers and wannabes and practical jokers out of the way so that the real incidents might be seen...but it can be done.

Dismissing the whole thing as BS because a lot of the reports are faked...is every bit as bad as accepting every single report as Proven Truth simply because a few of them are legitimate.
Both attitudes are lazy and sloppy and unbecoming for ATS Members.

IMO.

edit on 1/18/2012 by Tsurugi because: Trend Data points.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sleepermustawaken
Those sounds are the tests for the world wide sound system. This system, coupled with the various UFOs currently in use by the secret government, will be used to dupe the world populace into believing that our alien masters are returned.

It will be a staged production, so don't believe any of it. The elite of the elite have been planning this for a long time.

Long time ATS reader, first created an account today so forgive me if I've missed this. Can you show me where you have seen this? It's not that I don't believe you but because I am interested on the matter.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
When I posted this a.m., I did not get a chance to edit before the deadline. I was going to add, and I am no expert. But the earth is just one big magnet, and a loud speaker is a big magnet. Project bluebeam could be real, it could explain the "chemtrails" we have all been living with for so long now. Seeding the atomosphere for whatever reason as to make the "sound system" work.

Imagine for a moment the reaction of us all if we heard a "Booming" voice come from the clouds. Good or bad it would scare the shat out of us all. On a world wide scale. just wrap your mind around that for just a second. It would be hard as hell to get folks to understand " it aint God". Folks would be doing what the vioce told them to do. At least a large percentage would be.
edit on 18-1-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join