It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Theory On These Unidentified Atmospheric Sounds: Air Density Increase

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I dont know for sure, but I thought when you seeded with silver idodine the chemical came back down to earth again...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

I dont know for sure, but I thought when you seeded with silver idodine the chemical came back down to earth again...

Silver Iodide was the initial thought, but I am inclined to agree it may not be that. Instead carbon dioxide, methane, or any other pollutants could be the cause of an increase in air density, which would increase the amplitude, propagation, and speed of sound waves.

Another issue is that if this is how many videos and reports there are of this phenomena, quickly climbing in numbers now, for every one that is taped and recorded, imagine how many are happening that are NOT being reported! Tribes in the Amazon if they are experiencing this must think it's the end of the world coming! And it could be.
edit on Wed Jan 18th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I have heard a noise similar to the sky noises before. It was up in the mountains of Wales, The lake were frozen and they made some very weird noises. At the time I put it down to expanding and contracting ice...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
One of the more interesting conjectures I've read in terms of causation, TA. You might be on the right track, or at least leading us in right direction.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
thanks, here's a brand new one from a new area in Spain, just uploaded:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Admittedly I just woke up and am probably even less astute than usual, but I just had the most bizarre thought.

You know how when you go to a symphony orchestra concert, and as you sit in the audience as it is about to begin, you hear all these little sounds coming from the instruments as the musicians begin to tune up and warm up? A sound here, a sound from over there, and it goes on until the conductor comes in and lifts his arms and then "boom". It all comes together simultaneously in a burst of sound that makes sense.

What if: These noises are segmented, being heard in all parts of the globe, intermittently until one day "boom".
They all are heard simultaneously, they don't end but continue, and it all then makes sense.

Or kills us.
Or causes us to move into another dimension.
Or causes our heads to explode.
Or causes the planet to explode or implode.
Or is beautiful.
Or is the second coming.
Or is so horrible we kill ourselves to get away from it.

*Note to self: No posting before coffee.
edit on 1/18/2012 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

This one sounds more like the original "hum". I beginning to think all those "trumpeting" vids are just faked audio.
You?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by angeldoll
What if: These noises are segmented, being heard in all parts of the globe, intermittently until one day "boom".
They all are heard simultaneously, they don't end but continue, and it all then makes sense.

Well to be honest I hope that's not where this is going, but if it keeps up and more increasing reports keep coming in, we might be facing a very loud, continuous noise, slightly different in each place and yet similar to others. Gonna drive people nuts pretty quick, not to mention animals.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I agree. I have heard both the sky and earth sounds and they were nothing like this latest craze of the rusty old windmill sounds which are hoaxed videos with bits taken from movie soundbites and each other.

Texas was under an extremely long and large center of high pressure last year. Dozens of times I heard loud airplanes for twenty minute stretches. They are highly unusual sounds, especially the duration. I went outside and observed the sky and noted that the sounds coincided with airplanes. They simply don't "sound" the same anymore. Furthermore, they are flying lower than they used to.

The earth sounds - road graders and fracking (not here) and even horizontal drilling under my place - and it makes the house shake like a washing machine off balance and is extremely loud ... but ... you can't SEE a road grader from here. I figured the road grader must have been miles away and the sound was traveling, just like in Winter here - we hear the train which is over five miles away. This sound is more like a giant lawnmower in the sky sort of sound.

But, I did already conclude last year that it was an atmospheric phenomenon of some sort that we all are hearing here.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jsettica

Here is something I can through in the mix, the sounds that i am hearing.....

You posted this exact same thing, word for word, in another UAS thread.
Link to Identical Post

I posted a detailed response to you in that thread. I will resist my temptation to copy/paste my whole post here and instead content myself with providing only a link.

Link to my response

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove

I replied to another thread about why the sounds might be coming from space......

here's what i added..

Scientists have now accepted that the intersection of 2 problems - the deterioration of Earth's Magnetosphere during the Sun's Polar shift in 2012 (as recently discussed) will be the real concern as we approach 2012 : Now here's the reason why: Scientists have found two large leaks in Earth's magnetosphere, the region around our planet that shields us from severe solar storms. Now in 2012 the suns poles will reverse (not the earths as wrongly said on many 2012 sites - see below!) , during this time a massive solar storm will reck havoc on earth - usually this is no problem - but now due to the 'cracks' in it, Earth's protective Magnetosphere may fail us, so the violent solar and electromagnetic radiation will make it through and cause many problems to life as we know it (eg: disabling communication satellites, mobile phones, effective sleep patterns, & radiation poisoning of humans) Also as earth has to absorb extra radiation & energy this will cause possible changes within the earth's core - with energy being re-dissipated from the earth with new volcanoes formed and crust movement.

which i got from here..www.abovetopsecret.com...

maybe we are hearing what solar activity sounds like as it reaches earth....maybe?
edit on 17-1-2012 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

Okay, I followed the link you provided to the other ATS thread. The source link on that thread pointed to realufos.net, which I'm sure is a great website but citing it as a source is questionable. RealUFOS.net led me to a YouTube account that posted nothing but NASA vids, and there I found a link to related info on nasa.gov. Quest Complete! 2000 EXP

After viewing the vids and reading the related info at NASA, I worked my way back through the links to this thread, reading as I went. The first thing I noticed was that nowhere in the NASA text or video was any mention of any breaches or holes showing up in Earth's magnetosphere. What is discussed is that the recent Solar Magnetic Polar Reversal--which did happen, same as it does every 11 years or so as part of the Solar Sunspot Cycle--put the Solar magnetic field in alignment with that of Earth. Throughout the last Solar Cycle, the sun's North was Earth's South, etc. That just changed with the reversal event, so the sun's North points the same direction as Earth's North, and South is South and all is balanced in harmonious peace and unity.
However, a recent experiment in Earth orbit showed a large increase in the amount of charged particles from the sun that were slipping into the Earth's magnetic field, rather than being repelled by the field. Scientists had predicted the increase...just not as large an increase as data showed. The increase is due to the fact that the particles tend to follow along the lines of the Sun's magnetic field, and as Sol and Earth are now in magnetic alignment, the particles are much more likely to be in a position to slip seamlessly into Earth's field rather than bounce off it--which just goes to show that, sometimes, peace and harmony sucks.

But, charged solar particles are slipping into the Earth's magnetic field all the time. They join their brethren in the Van Allen Belts disrupt a few satellites, and life goes on. So what was all that about the Earth's magnetosphere weakening or having leaks?
Well, whoever owns the YouTube account that posts all the NASA vids stretched the limits of "creative license" when he named this video "NASA Discovers Biggest Breach of Earth's Magnetosphere." Obviously inspired, the author of the RealUFO blog wrote a post that began, "NASA's confirmed 2012 prediction - Deterioration of Earth's Magnetosphere during Sun's Polar shift in 2012."
From there, it was ported pretty much verbatim to ATS. So I'm inclined to say this is mythinfo.

And I am still resisting the urge to start an ATS thread titled something like, "Every Lifeform on Earth Soon to be Destroyed by Peace, Harmony, and Balance!" Pacifist Ideals bring Doom for All! Peace and Harmony result in Chaos and Discord as news spreads!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
The earth sounds - road graders and fracking (not here) and even horizontal drilling under my place - and it makes the house shake like a washing machine off balance and is extremely loud ... but ... you can't SEE a road grader from here. I figured the road grader must have been miles away and the sound was traveling, just like in Winter here - we hear the train which is over five miles away. This sound is more like a giant lawnmower in the sky sort of sound.

Ok, I have to protest this. A road grader? I've driven those. They have loud engines and they are kinda big, but they do not cause houses to shake for miles around. You hear the train because, for one, it is probably going pretty fast, and two, it is huge and massive, being made of many full-sized shipping containers all packed to the gills with stuff. Even so, what you hear of the train, other than its whistle, is mostly a result of the noise its steel wheels rolling and clanking along two continuous steel tracks, and it does not make houses shake. A road grader does not even come close to the mass of a train, and they do not go very fast.

I grew up a few miles from a train track and it never shook the house, but we could hear it.
However, there was a granite quarry a few miles away as well, and every once in a while they would decide to set charges and blast some rock. We never heard anything, but the whole house would rattle loudly for a second.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsurugi

We're in a severe drought here. Extremely severe and my area has had like 1/10th of what the closest meteorological station gets in rainfall. There USED to be a high water table and even an underground spring on my property. It's all dried up. So, essentially, I'm sitting on a sinkhole-ready-to-happen. A large and deep (now dry) creek borders the property.

Added to that, the gas well is horizontal drilling under my place. There must be one giant cavern under me now.

So, true, a road grader many miles away might not cause the house shaking - I can say 100% for positive that a road grader NEAR my house causes the house to shake. My spouse has felt it too. And when it goes over the bridge, we gets EXTRA hard shaking. If it's not the washing machine, it's a road grader shaking the house.

No, the train never has shaken the house. We can HEAR it, we hear the wheel rumble. We can hear the whistle if it toots; but, it's not as loud as the wheels. It's over five miles away.

edit on 24/1/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Hey there TA,

Just found both your sound threads via your sig.

So...this is a very intersting idea, as recently an "expert" scientist went on record
about the noises in North Battleford

What is so very intersting about this professor, he works in the field of Climate Change,
the his specialty is the Ionoshpere.

He says somehow

. they are picking up noise from an electrical antenna that is there. That is electromagnetic noise. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Skipping over his vague "somehow" term, its found that he may
really know what is going on, and perhaps is vague to a point on purpose.

I wonder what would cause him to do that..?

He is vague....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

He spends a lot of time with Climate Change, and Weather Modification

and Weather Mod on a grand scale too!

Anywho, just wanted to S&F your thread, and pass on the info to those interested.
edit on 27-1-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I have heard these sounds before. There was a news story that I was reading in the 90's about pre-earthquake sounds. There was .wav in the story that you could listen to. I remember these sounds. According to the article these sounds were made from magma flow miles down that was flowing into volcanic pipes. Now I have not been able to find that old article since I have been reading on these sounds but I also remember another one that sounded close about the sound of an underwater volcano. click on option 7 and listen for those using firefox like me you need to open it in an IE tab

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by remembering
According to the article these sounds were made from magma flow miles down that was flowing into volcanic pipes.

Without even looking, they are talking about harmonic tremor, converted to audio, which, for lack of a better description- sounds like the noise a whale makes.

I

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
No harmonic tremor sounds have more of a drum beat with them.

June lake

St Helen

I seem to remember something on a NOVA show also something like earthquake talking or something.
something about A-type and B-type sounds.
edit on 27/1/12 by remembering because: added info

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
If you look at the last post i made on my thread here you may see the rippling effect caught on one of the telescopes. here go to my last post

sorry try this link here for rippling
edit on 27-1-2012 by Lee78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Looks like even scientists are hypothesizing it is an "atmospheric source" www.abovetopsecret.com...
"sounds travelling from a distance"

www.timescolonist.com...

Sound waves that could create such an event have several possible sources, Mulder said. "We just know it wasn't an earthquake. Jets going at supersonic speed can cause it, a volcano erupting could cause it - anything that puts a loud noise into the atmosphere and generates a sound wave through the atmosphere will do that. It often ends up being the military."

Another possible explanation is that it was a "whistler," in which a thunderstorm in one hemisphere travels via magnetic-field lines to the opposite hemisphere.

jwbell@timescolonist.com

Read more: www.timescolonist.com...

edit on 27/1/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Yes and if you look at the post above the one you just posted i added a link that suggests a rippling effect.
Could that be the answer or could someone please rule it out?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join