It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Theory On These Unidentified Atmospheric Sounds: Air Density Increase

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
So got to thinking more about what could be causing these UAS heard all over the world, and wanted to propose something new: silver iodide and it's likely effect of increasing air molecule density- which in turn facilitates sound to travel more easily through the air medium. And hence, causes us to hear things that we wouldn't normally hear.

Silver Iodide is widely used for cloud seeding, all over the world. Years and years of putting this into the atmosphere, as well as other pollution, would likely increase air density. This could drastically affect the acoustic properties of the air. What was once a suitable acoustic shield, our atmosphere, could be being compromised. And these resulting strange sounds may be a direct result of it.

In many videos now we can hear that space is not entirely silent, as sounds coming Jupiter and other planets have been a side focus of NASA.

And so what I am essentially saying as a potential solution for this problem is that they just turned our atmosphere into a cosmic sound amplifier. And the only way it's going to stop, is if people stop putting stuff into the air. And good luck with that. Other additional man made chemicals emitted into the air may have also boosted this effect. The bottom line is that from a technical standpoint, enough of an increase in air density and I could easily see this happening. The cold is probably helping as well to increase this effect.

Once again, man attempts to tamper with Mother Nature and wreaks more havoc.

The density of air at sea level is about 1.2 kg/m3 (1.2 g/L). Density is not measured directly but is calculated from measurements of temperature, pressure and humidity using the equation of state for air (a form of the ideal gas law). Atmospheric density decreases as the altitude increases. This variation can be approximately modeled using the barometric formula. More sophisticated models are used to predict orbital decay of satellites.

en.wikipedia.org...

Right, so since atmospheric density decreases as the altitude increases, it is not hard at all to imagine that you add a crapload of stuff into the air, and some of it will increase the density of the upper atmosphere. Do that, and cosmic noise is going to automatically increase in amplitude.

edit on Tue Jan 17th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Jan 17th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Interesting theory. Sounds plausible to me (as someone who loves science, but is definitely NOT an expert in these types of physics.)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl
Interesting theory. Sounds plausible to me (as someone who loves science, but is definitely NOT an expert in these types of physics.)

Well thanks, and it might really help if weather folks and other scientists started paying attention to air density when they hear these sounds. I will not be surprised for them to find it rather high in the places it is being heard.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
That is a cool idea. From what I understand, however, the sounds could not be coming from space because sound can't travel through space, because sound is a vibration and there is nothing in space to vibrate. But if it amplifies sounds perhaps we could be hearing amplifications of airplanes/trains/etc from further distances?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

good theory, might explain why we started hearing these sounds only recently.

however, what kind of noise exactly do you think is being amplified to sound exactly the same all over the world?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

In a nutshell, no. The density of the atmosphere varies constantly; that is what drives weather. Silver iodide is precipitated out of the atmosphere as rain when it is used for cloud seeding. Cloud seeding is relatively rare. Sound does not travel through the vacuum of space. The "sounds" that NASA has been recording are radio waves which they convert electronically into "sound." I don't know what is causing some of the atmospheric crackling being reported, but it's not silver iodide in the atmosphere.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

The density of the atmosphere varies constantly; that is what drives weather.

And what I am proposing is that range of normal densities has been shifted upward by, if not by SI, then pollution of all sorts. It makes perfect sense. It would explain why in some areas where the density range exceeds a certain level, whatever that is, then the sounds are heard there.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Nice theory, but I agree with DJW001. The density is in constant flux. The pollution part is feasible though, IMO.

But you probably just gave a sound engineer at Bose an idea.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Well I am not sold on anything quite yet as this unfolds, but something is telling me that increased air density may have something to do with it. I damn sure hope so, because the "alien motherships cloaked in the sky" theory is becoming scarily possible. I could run with that. I am just in rational mode at the moment, trying to figure this out.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Keeriste!
I am waiting here with my sound meter....(decibels) to measure this noise but i havent to date heard it....)
I assume if they are angel trumpets, i am gonna miss the rapture folks so start it without me if thats the case.....
However, this air quality thing may gain some traction.....
It is well known that the chemtrails are fibers and aluminium powders....
Perhaps the chemtrails,have finally been sprayed for a long enough period that they have tipped the balances somehow???
Just sayin....
Also VTRPE may have some bearing on this according to Carnicorn

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Here is something I can through in the mix, the sounds that i am hearing are similar to the sounds that I once heard on a CD that was made by Voyager 1 they put out a CD that had recordings of sounds of what space sounded like as the craft travailed through space. And it all so had sounds of when it got closer to a planet the sounds changed.

If this is what outer space sounds like in our atmosphere then something big has changed to let it in. The only thing that could let that happen is a change in our magnetic field, why I say that is some of the harmonics are vary low like a pressure wave traveling through the earths air. The sounds have no rime or rhythm just like the sounds on the voyager CD.

I thought you all might find this a little interesting that may be the sounds are coming from space but now we can here them as to before we could not, but what is more interesting is what has changed to let that happen ?

That is the real question What has changed?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

This was brought up in my thread, where CL Prime did experiments and analysis....and came up with this theory (similar)
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Also, if you go through the thread you'll see that we have been discussing that it could be an atmospheric phenomena.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I replied to another thread about why the sounds might be coming from space......

here's what i added..

Scientists have now accepted that the intersection of 2 problems - the deterioration of Earth's Magnetosphere during the Sun's Polar shift in 2012 (as recently discussed) will be the real concern as we approach 2012 : Now here's the reason why: Scientists have found two large leaks in Earth's magnetosphere, the region around our planet that shields us from severe solar storms. Now in 2012 the suns poles will reverse (not the earths as wrongly said on many 2012 sites - see below!) , during this time a massive solar storm will reck havoc on earth - usually this is no problem - but now due to the 'cracks' in it, Earth's protective Magnetosphere may fail us, so the violent solar and electromagnetic radiation will make it through and cause many problems to life as we know it (eg: disabling communication satellites, mobile phones, effective sleep patterns, & radiation poisoning of humans) Also as earth has to absorb extra radiation & energy this will cause possible changes within the earth's core - with energy being re-dissipated from the earth with new volcanoes formed and crust movement.

which i got from here..www.abovetopsecret.com...

maybe we are hearing what solar activity sounds like as it reaches earth....maybe?
edit on 17-1-2012 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

or

Been thinking on this for awhile - and I am wondering if these sounds are part of an experiment gone wrong = Large Hadron Collider.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jsettica

Well even if there has been an air density increase world wide, there is still the question of exactly what this may be amplifying now.

I live in a mountainous range of the Appalachians, and have never heard it, and so I have also wondered if we can start finding common elements about these geographical locations. Maybe it doesn't occur near mountainous regions? Ahh, but it happened in Colorado- plenty of mountains there. But did the event happen directly around a mountain range in Colorado, or closer to flat land?

We gotta start finding all this stuff out and start piecing it all together to come up with a workable solution, cause we don't seem to be getting many answers from scientists on the matter. Either that or I might just become a religious nutter.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

It's been heard in all terrains....mountains, flatlands, coastal areas, inland.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I have come across a lengthy scientific study on this,offering many sources including gas line grids,jet stream,wind propogation,so on and so on,but still no real conclusion.

A Collection of Scientific Works and Comments on the HUM

It seems illogical to suppose that very low frequency radio transmissions from TCAMO aircraft can be the sole cause of the Hum, particularly in the light of the author quoting on the article’s last page, page 590, stating that there are no reports of the Hum near to even higher powered ground based vlf broadcast installations. There are two possible ways of constructively reconciling this. One would be if the HUM required an additional radio or acoustic frequency co-factor or component found at all specific HUM sites but not close to the US navy’s VLF stations. I have some experimental and anecdotal evidence that the HUM requires multiple factors for its perception, which eventually I hope to publish. A second and at this stage equally valid proposal would be that the Hum is detected by humans as a result of some kind of quantum biological process therefore the strongest E and H fields at low or whatever other frequency, see p583, might not necessarily coincide with the strongest perception of the Hum, if that is the Hum is entirely electromagnetic in origin.

I would also like to clarify the papers’ comments on the aurora. There are several references which pre-date the paper which explain sound generation by the aurora and one which purports to have audio –recorded the extremely weak sound of the aurora. Thus the aurora being a four fold emitter of sound, broad spectrum radio waves, magnetic pulsations and often light as well is nature’s electrophonic concert for the taking. Presumably the body reacts to the aurora by enhanced perception involving dueling senses. If we can begin to understand human sensitivity to the aurora we may understand the Hum as well.

Elf and vlf radio transmissions are capable of traveling for thousands of kilometers on this pretext of causality alone; it seems strange how one could escape the Hum by traveling only a few tens of miles, see page 575. In a similar vain, it is interesting to note how there seem to be these anecdotal reports refereed to in the paper of an acclimation period of uptown 48 hours when ‘hummers’ move home. The paper refers to HUM hearers having frequency matched tones in the range 40-80 Hz. A moving car generates very high levels of infrasound and low frequency noise in the range 15-200 Hz i.e encompassing the Hum range. Being a ‘hummer’ myself I have personally encountered this effect. I often have to drive to meeting about 100 miles distant and return home the same day. My wife is also a ‘hummer’ and even on occasion when the Hum is booming in according to her I cannot hear it for at least the first night I return. I believe therefore traveling noise (particularly in car) induces a sort of low frequency threshold shift (TTS) in the ear of hummers.

www.btinternet.com...

Oh,and there is even a facebook page on it to.

www.facebook.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Ok, this could be the culprit for an increase in air density:

The concentration of carbon dioxide (CO2) in Earth's atmosphere is approximately 392 ppm (parts per million) by volume as of 2011[1] and rose by 2.0 ppm/yr during 2000–2009. 40 years earlier, the rise was only 0.9 ppm/yr, showing not only increasing concentrations, but also a rapid acceleration of concentrations.[1][2] The increase of concentration from pre-industrial concentrations of 280 ppm has again doubled in just the last 33 years.[2] Carbon dioxide is essential to photosynthesis in plants and other photoautotrophs, and is also a prominent greenhouse gas. Despite its relatively small overall concentration in the atmosphere, CO2 is an important component of Earth's atmosphere because it absorbs and emits infrared radiation at wavelengths of 4.26 µm (asymmetric stretching vibrational mode) and 14.99 µm (bending vibrational mode), thereby playing a role in the greenhouse effect in addition to other factors such as water vapour.[3] The present level is higher than at any time during the last 800 thousand years,[4] and likely higher than in the past 20 million years.[5]

en.wikipedia.org...

Yeppers. Bingo. Cause guess what:

Plumes which are heavier than air because they have a higher density than the surrounding ambient air. A plume may have a higher density than air because it has a higher molecular weight than air (for example, a plume of carbon dioxide). A plume may also have a higher density than air if the plume is at a much lower temperature than the air. For example, a plume of evaporated gaseous methane from an accidental release of liquefied natural gas (LNG) may be as cold as -161 °C.

en.wikipedia.org...

And check out all the stories of increased Methane releases too.

So between the Carbon Dioxide and the Methane increases, I have pretty well established that the air has probably become denser. Now to what degree this increased density affects sound amplification and speed exactly would have to be calculated, but so far, this research trail is still open, and seems to be pointing in the right direction.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It's an interesting theory, for sure.
I have a feeling that the sounds are coming from multiple sources, though.
Booming sounds....possibly related to tectonics?
Metallic screaching and groaning....?
Some of them sound like jet engines, but last for 30 minutes or more (this is the one I heard)
I have heard recordings that sound like washing machines. lolol

I also feel certain that some of the recordings, particularly the metallic sounds, are being hoaxed for our entertainment.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

I'm not sure how many of the videos are actual hoaxes. But I can assure you that after finding a lot more of these on youtube in various languages, this is no hoax. Not overall. And the sounds are manifesting themselves quite differently in some locations. I've heard everything from rumbles to high pitched tones, alien type sounds, the huge drum type sound like in the Colorado video, and more.

With all those searches, I am now satisfied that while some may be creating hoaxes, the phenomena itself is genuine. There are some media outlets covering it, especially in Spanish speaking countries. The question is, what is it, and why all of sudden has there been such an increase in reports in the last weeks?

Something has changed about our earth, its atmosphere, or something to cause this. But it will reach critical mass soon, and won't be long before it is so prevalent, that science will no longer be able to keep us in the dark.

I think they know exactly what it is by now. But I also think they don't want to tell us, because the cause itself will bring the fault right back down on scientists or industry themselves. And then there will be hell to pay. They're stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join