It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Iranian's view on the whole situation

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by shansen

One must ask one self.

Why are you here.

Why do you aspire to be like us.

Why do you come here.

Why?

Because where you come from people held you down,.
You were opressed by your government.
You were left to starve and die in the streets.

So you came to the us.
We feed you .
We give you a place to live.
Then we give you a car.
A home to call your own with a 0% loan .
We help educate you.
We give you money to feed your family
We give you free helth care.

No wonder all these people are coming to the greatest country in the world.

Thats right.

You don't get that were your from do you.

You get jack.

So stop your complaining and stop trying to change this great place.

True hurts don't it.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by RadarMan

Very nice post!
Turning off the television is a great start. We all, young and old, have to get back into governing. We can't just let others do what they want, and then lie to us about what they are doing. That worked in the past because we allowed the television news anchors to lie to us. We trusted them, and they abused the trust.
Once you become aware of this fact, and the ongoing deception, it would be laughable if it weren't so tragic.
We HAVE to get back in the game of contacting our "representatives" and senators and letting them know how we feel, regardless of where you are politically.
Watch out for AlJazeera. Check out Voltaire.org. and Boilingfrogpost. They tell it like it is.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
OMG,

How many responses I got on this thread its unbelieveable.

There must be a hundred rev guards on this site trying to defend there actions.

Listen people army of the republican guard.

How much does your govenment pay you.

Do you pay taxes?
Do you have medical insurance?
When is the last time you went away on a family vacation?
Is this the life you wanted for your family your children?
Are you free to go down the street and buy a bottle of booze and invites so friends over to hang out and talk about the good old days over a cocktail.
Can you women go out without being harrassed.

How about voting? If you vote for the opposition do the come to your house and arrest you and throw you in jail.

Is that the way ALLAH would want it.

Is Allah for the torture of his own people.

Praise to him but really people no disrespect.
I mean non but is that what is told to you.

Can you not see that it is unislamic to do the thing the do but tell you it is ok to do it.
To beat women and torture.

If allah came down from the heavens there would be some serious hell to pay lets just leave it at that.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black
reply to post by shansen

One must ask one self.

Why are you here.

Why do you aspire to be like us.

Why do you come here.

Why?

Because where you come from people held you down,.
You were opressed by your government.
You were left to starve and die in the streets.

So you came to the us.
We feed you .
We give you a place to live.
Then we give you a car.
A home to call your own with a 0% loan .
We help educate you.
We give you money to feed your family
We give you free helth care.

Thats right.

You don't get that were your from do you.

You get jack.

So stop your complaining and stop trying to change this great place.

True hurts don't it.

In your arrogance, you assume that I am THERE.
Well, I'm glad to disappoint you. I am NOT THERE. I live in my country, fortunately not liberated by your goons, and I am damn happy here, where the American consumerism is barely visible, only to the stupid ones.

What you do not understand - geez, I wonder why...
- is that I am not trying to change that "great place". Fortunately, there are a majority of people there with enough brain and common sense to change it for them and for you and for all the others like you; meanwhile, you and your pals will keep sitting on the porch, with a six-pack, shooting squirrels, while THE CHANGE will pass you. But you wouldn't see it.

Of course not.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Lets say for a second that the real reason the west wants the current regime in Iran gone is becuase it does not want it to produce a nuclear weapon. And lets say that Iran really want to pursue research in order to provide nuclear energy and nothing else

Why cant we (the west) donate a number of scientists, money etc to help them achieve this goal, openly and fairly and safely?

Why are we saying no no no, stop it? Wouldnt it be a peacful move if we worked with our Iranian brothers and helped them produce their own nuclear energy. Obviously this way we would be able to then keep an eye on them if it were all in the open and they would have nothing to hide right??

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by IranianBoy
reply to post by Rocky Black

Sorry to hear about your uncle.

War is horrible and bad things happen. My grandfather was shot in the head storming the beaches. But I hold that not against the enemy or the country.

I have not blame to put on anyone.

What I see in the news is lies. Yes this is true for you and I.

I dont believe everything that is said.

Do you.

Do you really believe we want to invade your country to steal its riches.

Did we steal IRAQ's oil and riches?
Did we steal Japans riches.

Why is it that we always are accused of wanting to steal oil.

How about Nigeria.

I suppose we steal there oil also.

One must ask ones self why do they lie.

Do you think we want to have a war with iran.

We do not.

We are afraid that is your country makes nuclear weapons they will spread them throught the world and make it more unstable.

This is what your country is telling other countries. For a fee we will give your everything we have for technologies.

Ddo you think my gov is giving that stuff away to anyone who has money..
Maybe. But if thety dio they will soemday be accountable to the american people.

We the american people know that with North KOREA it was A slippery slope .

They said they needed aid and would not seek to make nukes if they could have a reactor. So like the chines and like the north we tried to help out the country gave them aid and gave them tech to only have them try to hold us hostage and demand we give them more food and aid and fuel.

Well fool me once.

AND FOOL ME ONCE ONLY.

in a documentary broadcasted here, 3 or 4 american youth went to isreal to see what's the truth, when they saw the truth about brutality of zionist regime towards palastinians in return to american one of them commited suicide ! you know why because the truth was so horrible and too big for him to tolerate. you are brainedwashed. i say DEATH TO AMERICA (american government) because America inspired iraQ to invade us for 8 years and my uncle in war got injured and i saw him in wheelchair for 23 years with no move but just moving his neck(he was paralized from neck to feet). i say DEATH TO AMERICA( government) because USA wanted us to make peace with SADAM when our province KHOOZESTAN was occupied by IRAQ! and about the OP, he has lived mostly abroad and with all the respect my understanding of the matter is so bigger as i live here(iraN) for more that 25 years! and he is not true about our government. your media just make you see whatever they want! if you are a normal person but once in a while getting angry, is it true to cam you while angry and then just showing it to your relatives abroad and say ''O0 this is your nephew!'' yes it is just what happening to you! they just show you exaggerated things.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
finally - i've been telling people mohammad reza pahlavi was a puppet and i learned first hand what "ugly american" really means - i've lived in shiraz, iran - i know and i understand the hatred towards us - i was taught the truth early in life about the rise of western influence via the cia in iran's government -

thank you for getting this information out -

s/f

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
"Hey now you Iranian sum betch... You ain't gun go against the red white and blue!"

God there are some ignorant people on this site. Guess what folks in America, everything you see on the news is not the truth. Iran "sponsors terrorists" about as much as America does. Look at the track record of the CIA around the world, and then tell me who is worse.

No wonder the rest of the world hates us. With stupid mentalities like this its obvious. All we seem to care about in this country is war, and being #1, and American Idol, and football. Open a damn book. Learn about your OWN government and the bull they spew on a daily basis. God, this country is falling down so quick. It seems every year our population gets stupider and stupider. WAKE UP.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpiderMonkey
Lets say for a second that the real reason the west wants the current regime in Iran gone is becuase it does not want it to produce a nuclear weapon. And lets say that Iran really want to pursue research in order to provide nuclear energy and nothing else

Why cant we (the west) donate a number of scientists, money etc to help them achieve this goal, openly and fairly and safely?

Why are we saying no no no, stop it? Wouldnt it be a peacful move if we worked with our Iranian brothers and helped them produce their own nuclear energy. Obviously this way we would be able to then keep an eye on them if it were all in the open and they would have nothing to hide right??

Under the NNPT we are SUPPOSED to be helping them achieve this goal. But we are so hell bent on claiming they want a nuke. Israel doesn't like them so we must sacrifice more of our men and women in wars for them.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

If Iran has all the oil and gas reserves and so much money and pipeline and export money. Why do they need nuklear power.

Who are you to tell how a country generates their power? We in the USA have lots of oil and gas and solar and wind, why don't we only use those energies? Why do we have to go nuclear.

It is called energy independence so they can use their oil and gas for revenue and not have to spend it all on energy.

Why do you go to a grocery store for all your food, why dont you grow it on your ground since you have soil. It is called advancing of technology and society

Not only does nuclear energy provide independence from oil and gas for energy it also provides many technical jobs, higher education, and more scientific research. What you want them to stay in the stone age so you can call them cavemen?
edit on 18-1-2012 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Saudi Arabia is floating on oil, they will have Nuclear Power within 10 years.

Maybe we should bomb them too, do a Twofer.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Analogy. Perhaps you may get the point, perhaps not.
I had an acquaintance, he went by the name of Uncle Sam. Most of Sam's neighbors thought he was a great guy. His family talked him up quite a bit, telling everyone what all Sam did for the community, and he did some good things there was no doubt. But, Sam had a dark side, that only certain people knew about. These people knew they couldn't say anything, because they knew all of these neighbors would come to his defense. In fact, Sam had come up for charges on several occasions, but Sam had friends in high places. In fact, most all of Sam's friends were very well connected. So, whenever Sam got in any kind of trouble, it was quickly covered up, and the papers all said it was just some big misunderstanding, or a "conspiracy theory", and reminded people of all that Sam had done for the community. Some even noted that Sam had a lot of armed friends, and he wasn't out killing his neighbors that were trying to smear him, even though he could.
We should feel thankful.
But, one day, Sam had too much blood on his hands to hide, and in fact, he really wasn't trying to hide it. He had his army of friends that continued to throw dog bones to the poor, because frankly, many of Sam's neighbors had already lost their homes and jobs. They were no longer in any condition to call Sam out and at least they had a dog bone to chew on.
But others were still interested in hearing from Sam's victims. As some braved the criticism, this gave strength to others that felt they had kept quiet too long. Before long, Sam had many, many people pissed at him.

The fact is, all of those benefits that you list that Americans enjoy, we fought for. They were not granted to us. A traitor is not one that is trying to make his/her country better, it is one who sells out their country for personal gain. Look around, we have traitors afoot. The OP stated that the Iranian people are not our enemy. I agree.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321
"Hey now you Iranian sum betch... You ain't gun go against the red white and blue!"

God there are some ignorant people on this site. Guess what folks in America, everything you see on the news is not the truth. Iran "sponsors terrorists" about as much as America does. Look at the track record of the CIA around the world, and then tell me who is worse.

No wonder the rest of the world hates us. With stupid mentalities like this its obvious. All we seem to care about in this country is war, and being #1, and American Idol, and football. Open a damn book. Learn about your OWN government and the bull they spew on a daily basis. God, this country is falling down so quick. It seems every year our population gets stupider and stupider. WAKE UP.

o my - you seem to identify with the stupid people - listen, if we would have stayed out of iran's business long time ago we would not be so hated - this is a pattern of our government and great britain - and when we have completely turned the country upside down and inside out we get pissed when the country starts to see the truth of our involvement and the anger spews forth - we raised em that way - sorta like what prison environment does to harden people -

books - well, it takes a whole lots of books with the pros and the cons but you will never understand until you have walked in their shoes and on their soil -

books, well, it depends on who writes them - after all we have been lied to and taught these lies thru our educational system -

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I just have one thing to add : Some people are ignorant , and some tend to be ignorant.

Iran doesn't need to have nukes , Iran is just demanding to use alternative ways to produce electricity. Iran is going to sell less oil to other countries , US is just mad about this.

US has virgin oil and gas sources , and has already decided to keep them for the energy crisis. Iran is just going to pump less oil and gas out of the earth.

US govt is just mad about this and is just trying everything to legitimate invading Iran. Other broken Europe countries are mad , too. they like to continue their neo-colonialism.

So , they are just on the same side against Iran. But Russia is concerned about US presence near itself and is a big oil exporter itself. So it's not going to let US take over Iran.

Israel is just US representative in the region . maybe US is Israel representative in America. So , they have many common interests + Israel ( without any border ) doesn't like another rival powerful country in the region , specially an Islamic one.

In my thread here , I posted a Iran's nuclear timeline to say that Iran has been cooperating with all concerned sides , but those concerned sides are just saying " Stop Uranium enrichment ". It is because they know :

Uranium enrichment ==> using alternative way to produce electricity ==> getting less oil pumped out of the wells + More electricity for industry ==> Iran gets less dependent to oil ==> reduce selling oil ==> neo-colonialism will end ==> other Middle Eastern countries will learn ==> there won't be any neo-colonialism at all.

And at last US was the one who used two first and last nuclear bomb on other nation.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

You said it right there. So they can export the oil and gas for revenue.

I am not telling anyone how to run the gov.

I am saying .

HEY

You can use the tide for electricity. It never changes and is a reliable source of electricity.
You can use solar. For real set up in the desert. Are you kidding me.
Use wind for electricity.
How about fossile fuels.

I understand nuke is clean.

Buit is it really my friend.

Well let me ask you this. What do they do with the spent fuel rods.

They store them.

Well where do you store them.

Well lets see if you a dirty gov then you go to some poor country and you store them there.

Sad but isn't this what china does with all its toxic waste.
And russia. they have been caught going out to see and dumping #.

Hey why are all the fish dead. Hmmm It would'nt be from all the crap you dumped in the ocean.

I agree we should all mind are own buisness until it becomes our buisness.

Like dumping toxic stuff in the ocean. It is our lively hood.

Our existence depends on it like out water.

No water no people.

So lets keeps fracking and poisiobn the water and screw the peiople they are all going to die anyway eventaully right.

They will never see their day in court.

This is the mindset of the elite.
Not me.

I am for preservation and using what we have.

LIke the sun the wind the ocean.

We can all use these resources cleanly and safely. Without sucking the earth dry and causing massive earth quakes by making huge voids in the earth from fracking and deep oil weels and boring massive holes in the earth.

I agree we all need to behave and play nice but when someone throws a rock over the fence and it hits me on the head .

Well you know thae hole in the fence. Go stick your eye in and see what you stired up by throwing the rock over the fence. Just make sure you don't look alone as we may need someone to scoop you gray matter up off the ground.

Just saying

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

You do realise that if you're asking Iran to use alternatives fuel sources, you might want to look into the pollution the great US of A creates by using it's "alternative fuel sources".

I think you'll find the US buys rights from other countries to allow them to pollute more than their fair share.

I could rip into your posts, grammar, general nauseating manner, but I don't think you have the IQ to cope with that.

T

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I was once coming , but as I met ATS , I changed my mind.

US is a country which kills it's own people to legitimate attacks on Middle East.

They are just being taught to be afraid of an invisible enemy.

Americans has always been under attack

And look how people are asking :

Where is my American dream in OWS

Then take a look at this page :

ATS page

Then tell me what peace and freedom US has brought to other countries.

And what is exactly the American dream you talk about ?

Do you have it ?( the dream)
edit on 18/1/12 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Is it just me or is there a distinct and obvious difference in the levels of grammatical competence and use of language between the two arguing parties. There are those who seem to be 'hating' on anything this OP has tried to say (quite rationally and objectively) and for some reason I spend twice as long trying to decipher what they've written than on those who seem to have thoughtfully considered the rationale. From this post alone you can see that education is the key to tackling all the hate and violence and inability to question the 'lies'.

Nice post Op, reaffirmed my suspicions about the other side of the coin. just as long as we folk on the ground keep communication open there's always a chance of peace and prosperity.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr
Do you deny Iran hangs gays in the streets with the permission of the government? And do you also deny your president famously and proudly announcing to the world that there are "no gays in Iran"?

So its not the nuclear threat.. and not the WMD..
You want to go to war to save gay people and kill million other innocents? is that right?

I am asking you.. why do you care? its their country their rules. If you are so interested in saving gay people why don't you welcome them with open arm and give them refuge. that solves your problem. right?

War does not solve any problem it just kills innocent people and ruin their lives.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I wonder how many threads on Iran we are going to see.
Probably as many as the Nirubu, is my guess.

The Iranians I know are not so enamoured as the OP is with the Iranian Regime. They fear the oppressive nature, the potential for violence on the part of their government.

Sure have seen alot of hearts and flowers lately for little ol' Iran.

As a sceptic, I don't believe even half of what my own government is telling me.

Does anyone here honestly believe the Iranians government?
Or their apologists?

My opinions are probably well known by know on the subject of iran. But I'll repeat them just to avoid any issue.

Get rid of the nuclear ambitions, you're making the rest of the world nervous.
Want to be taken seriously? Start by allowing human rights into your society.
Like equality for women and gays.
Stop with the IED's to other countries. It's annoying and it p!sses the rest of the world off.

I guess that's all for now.
Peace.
beez

Have you ever been to Iran? Have you ever left U.S. soil and spent any time abroad? You don't know what it's like in another country or region until you've been there, because the images and portrayals by the media are often biased to create a sense of separation between "us" and "them."

It's absolutely ridiculous for any American to be preaching about another country's human rights, when so many of ours are being violated here at home. Did you notice the internet blackout today? That's happening because rights are being threatened right here in the U.S.A. Did you pay any attention to the passing of NDAA? Are you aware YOU can be unlawfully detained by your government without the benefit of fair trial, even though you're a U.S. citizen? Do you know our leaders have admitted to torturing prisoners who are being unlawfully detained at Gitmo without the benefit of due process (flouting the Geneva Convention and its protocols)? Did you pay any attention to how the OCCUPY protesters were treated by legal authorities - the pepper spraying and the beatings and the arrests and detainments even though these people were citizens protesting legally under the protection of the rights of the U.S. Constitution? Do you really think our government or authoritative arms don't kill people without warrant? Last month a 62-year-old man in Florida was detained and murdered by the local police as a result of excessive use of restraint and pepper spraying .

Get real, wake up, and look around. This country, as great as it is, is fallible and has its share of problems, and has little business unilaterally policing or dictating policy to the rest of the world.
edit on 18-1-2012 by Exsisto because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join