It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Iranian's view on the whole situation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Let's see. The US has invaded and occupied two of Iran's neighbors: Iraq & Afghanistan. The US has Iran surrounded by US military bases and a fleet of US ships in the Persian Gulf. What if Russia had invaded Canada & Mexico and had bases in both of those countries and a fleet of ships in the Gulf of Mexico? What would the US do? What if the US didn't have nuclear weapons? Do you think we would be trying to get one? The US overthrew the legitimate government of Iran in 1953 and installed the Shah. Israel is practicing terrorism by killing Iranian nuclear scientists. What if Iran were killing US scientists? Yes, Iran supports Hezbollah & Hamas. Is that any different than the US supporting puppet regimes in Iraq and Afghanistan? How?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ZEROZEE0

In many ways I understand where you are coming from, but the last line....

We Irradiate the Bastards and turn their dunes into glass parking lots.

We are not GOD my friend. How is it that Americans can so callously condemn humanity to "glass"? Only someone that has no concept of humanity. If you cannot pull the trigger on a small innocent child...in COLD blood, then don't make comments like that.
If you can, well that is entirely different.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

It's the UN. Speed is not something they are known for.

reply to post by SurrealisticPillow

The movie "Kingdom of Heaven" is a good counter for your point.

Jerusalem has no practical resource/ political/ strategic importance. It literally is useless in every form and is a political curse to own. Its only value is cultural.

Now to speak to you what Saladin said in the aforementioned move, I link you to this...ironically the second time today.:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

edit on 17-1-2012 by AnimositisominA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by empireoflizards

No one wants to understand the reasons why there is anti-American sentiments. To explore that subject seems to be perceived as a sure sign of weakness and anti-Americanism.
edit on 17-1-2012 by empireoflizards because: (no reason given)

But obviously you choose to ignore other little FACTS of history like the ones I presented...

Obviously you are one of those people who doesn't want to take responsibility for their own actions, but instead want to blame your father, your mother, society, or North America for whatever transgression crosses your mind...

North America and Europe have MORE reasons for having anti-Middle Eastern sentiment than vice-versa... But of course, you are not going to want to see it this way and instead just want to blame the United States...

I am also SURE you want to blame the United States for many other things and maybe even for everything under the Sun...

Wow seems you got me nailed down....not!! LOL Your a PERFECT example of what I'm talking about. I don't take responsibility? What are you... some internet genius guru shrink? Get over yourself bud.

Anyway, aside from your "enlightened' insight into my family functions, there is a BIG difference between blaming a whole country and blaming the powers-that-be who are entrusted to maintain security and economic stability.
Again, here is a typical rebuttal from someone who OBVIOUSLY hasn't studied neither the history of the middle east from colonial days through the twentieth century to modern U.S. foreign policy.

Granted, most of what they teach in schools and college is watered down glam to make us proud...and don't get me wrong, I LOVE this country, but if we don't learn from our mistakes, well.....you know. So, I don't entirely blame you for your inept awareness of world affairs, Most of us would rather live in our neat little pre-made box. It's just soooo cozy. But sooner or later, you need to ask sincere questions, and sincere questions may dig up painful answers. But as things heat up, and our debts mount, we will be faced with tough decisions.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
from the climate of exchanges of emotions from both sides, It appears war is inevitable..

their is no way in hell me, or my elders would ever allow religious fanatics that sponsor terrorismto have nuclear weapons..

Its much more complex, then just emotions and opinions thou..

I must say i am glad, and even proud, I do not share this mentality others have, thinking "THIS IS OK

it would appear, I can see further into the fog, then others can...

Its a shame...

I had to hurt myself quite a bit to get here...

Nothing good will come out of Iran, from here on out... I am afraid...

I pray for its people...

edit on 17-1-2012 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2012 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Riiiiigggghhhhtttt!

Funny.

Oil in Israel

These people are fanatics.

Oh, and read the comments. Long live Israel!

edit on 17-1-2012 by SurrealisticPillow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Iran has done nothing but defend itself from american backed iraq witch attacked it.s soil with gas and bombs supplied by america Iran has never been an aggerser to any state i get my imformation from Robert Fisk's reports and books. Now i do beleave because that the tyrants of the world got away with cryinging wolf on there old friend saddam they think they can get away with crying wolf on Iran am i not rigth in saying a victim of saddam should be an allied of old uncle sam or has sam got pis s ed off that the middle east is not self distructing quick enough for them and is4real. Live and let live is my motto but dont dare tell other people there way is wrong until you compare the core of cultures my god look at what European gypseys have created and more so apart from the firist genocied or holocaust witch was that of the native american then you had that shiiii/ bang in japan. AMERICA say's in god we trust beleave me IF there is a god you boy's will be well Daffy ducked

Anywho I hope ye ALL sort it out up there in texas

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow

You linked me to a book.

Not a scientific argument.

The region of Israel is on the cusp of the ocean. Oil doesn't exactly form near the coastal regions because that's where the pressure from the Ocean is in constant flux with the erosion of the coast.

You will note that the only location of oil that is coastal is near large scale cliffs and hard stones. The Holy Land is not such a place.

http: //en. wikipedia . org/wiki/File : USGS_world_oil_endowment.png

(Link breaks when pasted. copy paste/ delete spaces.)
edit on 17-1-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZEROZEE0
Frankly, I'm just sick and tired of the rhetoric from both the "Pro-Iranian Peacenicks" AND the "Anti-Iranian Hawks". (And the really sad part is the fact that I too am a "Hawk").

There should be no reason to hate any people, or entire race for transgressions done a generation, or more ago.

People should learn from mistakes and not make them again.

However, knowing everything that the leadership of Iran has said if they get their hands in an atomic weapon and the means to deliver it, and with the leader of Iran "wanting to pave the way for the Mahdi" and such a way, according to prophecy, being one in which the world would be in chaos and almost at the end of times, do you really want to wait and see what they do with an atomic weapon, or more?

I am not saying this is a reason for going to war with an entire nation, if I could I would just make dissapear the atomic weapons, and the means to deliver them and make them dissapear not only from Iran, but from the entire world.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

This movie has zero historical accuracy beyond names and events.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

You obviously FAIL to mention the darker aspects (to say the least) of the East India Company and a host of other colonial cruelties done to various countries around the Eastern region. See what I mean? There's two sides to every story. Granted, I'm not impressed with much Muslim history....just as I'm not impressed with much Christian history. It always works both ways.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by seenavv

There is a disctinct difference between these two statements, you have to be blind or illiterate if your unable to see it

"I would like to see the regime occupying this country vanish from the page of time"

"I want to wipe this country off the map"

First of all even you are changing what the Imam said to try to diminish the damage he, and the leadership of Iran, have made with statements like this one.
Ugh.. no I didn't, the statements are still in my OP its not like im trying to hide anything. I only attempted establish a better understanding of the statement by paraphrasing it and putting it in a different context

The Imam didn't say "I would like to see"... he said "the regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the pages of time"...
That statement is another way of saying "we must wipe Israel off the map"...

IT IS THE SAME THING...

Look at these two statements and think about the power of the words

"the regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the pages of time"

This statement implies a desire to see the regime occupying Jerusalem must cease to exist. It does not refer to the individuals who reside within the region, or land, or infrastructure

"We must wipe Israel off the map"

This statement implies the area which Jerusalem/ Israel resides must be wiped off the map. In this context "wipe off the map" contains a verbally aggressive connotation which can be deemed as violent and therefore a call for war

I will paraphrase, again think about the power of the words

"You must vanish from the pages time"
"I'm gonna wipe you off the face of this planet"

"the American government must vanish from the pages of time"
"We must wipe America off the map"

"Vanish from the pages of time"
"Wipe off the map"

Completely different statements with different meanings and intentions
edit on 17-1-2012 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

Hate to tell you this Mr "so called" Iranian, but if you were born in Canada/USA, you are not an Iranian.

You're just a Canadian/American of foreign descent, just like almost every Canadian/American except the Indians.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Sigh...

Please do not try to lower my standards again...

What did the 300 spartans, fight against.... If they lost... Where would you be this moment?

I see I am a minority just as the spartans were ages ago...

300 Spartans did exist....

They did win their battle...

It is accurate...

sigh...

en.wikipedia.org...

learn...

learn what the spirit of man poses...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

300 Spartns...with, if I recall, something like 1500 Greeks with them.

Yes these events happened. But the portrayal was not accurate.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

besides their arrogance... If not for the 300, we would be in a differance place at this moment..

Anyhow... Not trying to derail.. Back to the high powered discussion...

Yet what can history teach us all, if we listen......

This has happened before....

It will happen again.....

It will also happen before....

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
what gets me is, you lived in america all of your life... You spent only a year in iran, yet you're an Iranian? And you have an opinion on what america does against iran?

If you lived half your life there, then I might give you some room here... But you have not. So you know everything about Iran and what they are doing, yet you admit you only spent 1 year out of your whole life as an iranian, and you can tell me that you have some special opinion that trumps any others? Then, not by your own information, but information gotten from Youtube of all places.. Sorry dude.. You're american. Not Iranian.

Priceless...

Thats like asking the British how France should be run. I'm sure alot have been there... but that doesnt give them the know it all to tell the French how things should be.

Spend another say... 10 years in Iran... the last 10... and tell me how it goes.

No matter what you say America does... you cannot discount what Iran has done. At very least, we do it to other 3rd world countries... Not our own people and not our neighbors.
edit on 17-1-2012 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)
It may be valid to conceive me as "less" of an Iranian then other Iranians, but I am still Iranian and I have been exposed to the culture, lifestyle, and people in the country. My mother, father, and grandparents have described to me their experiences in Iran and their times there during conflict. They described to me what it was like when hearing gunshots, hearing bombs and explosions in the Iran/ Iraq war. I have consulted with other Iranian friends and families who suffered many casualties and trauma in the Iran/ Iraq war. Violent uprisings between regimes and their citizens were very common, however my family generally kept to themselves out of the fear of the repercussions . My great-grandfather was also thrown in prison and silenced for 3 months for writing a political book against the American installed Shah of Iran

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Yes, you are right on many points.
There is just something that I cannot overlook.
The west negatively effected your family and your homeland.
What do you and your family do? You move to the west. Then, living off the fruits of corruption and blood of your own family and homeland, you condemn the west. Does this bother you?

I actually enjoyed your post. You clarified a few things that I was wondering about. Somewhere between your version of events and the reasons tensions are so high, I believe is the truth.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolforschool
Iran has done nothing but defend itself from american backed iraq witch attacked it.s soil with gas and bombs supplied by america Iran has never been an aggerser to any state i get my imformation from Robert Fisk's reports and books.
AMERICA say's in god we trust beleave me IF there is a god you boy's will be well Daffy ducked

Anywho I hope ye ALL sort it out up there in texas

This is part of the reason why the entire world is in such dire straights. Unfortunately the world is full of ignorant people who are willing to led their ignorance speak for them...

America didn't give Iraq the gas they used in their wars, and the mayority of the military equipment Iraq got was from several countries in EUROPE... Not to mention that the provider of mustard gas and such was GERMANY...not the U.S...

What the United States gave to Iraq was some samples of some biological agents which Iraq claimed would be used by their universities to get vaccines. That and advanced computers.

But as long as you hate the United States for any reason right?...even if it is LIES...

edit on 17-1-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join