It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Iranian's view on the whole situation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

You know, there is a BIG problem around the world that I have noticed. NO ONE seems to want to take responsibility for their actions... NO ONE. Yet, at the end it is the responsibility of each person for what they do.

You have NO IDEA how the old regime would have turned out for Iran, and this excuse you are giving, "ah but America got in the middle of our affairs" is no reason for your stance on how many Iranians want the death of America...

Tell you what, perhaps you don't know this but America, or North America had it's first large battle against the Ottoman empire back in the 1800s because of the piracy several states of the Ottoman empire were engaging in.

Did you know that Iran was part of the Ottoman empire?...

Perhaps we should just wipe out the entire Middle East because of the piracy and war that the Ottoman Empire led North America and Europe into back in the 1700s-1800s?...

Perhaps we should be chanting "DEATH TO IRAN AND THE ENTIRE MIDDLE EAST" because your ancestors decided they could do whatever they wanted and used piracy as a form of revenue back in the 1700s-1800s...

You want to talk about the crusades?... The first crusades were waged by the newly converted Muslims against Europe since the 7th century AD and lasted for centuries.

Perhaps the west should be chanting "DEATH TO THE ENTIRE MIDDLE EAST" because of their past transgressions?...

But of course not, you are going to make up some new excuse to back the view of those Iranians who want to keep chanting "DEATH TO AMERICA" instead of changing THEIR NATION and making sure no other major war breaks out...

All you are doing, and every Iranian, and other Middle Eastern person, or any other person who wants to blame the United States for whatever, is giving an EXCUSE for NOT TAKING PERSONAL RESPOSIBILITY...

You want to change the world for a better place?... Then STOP BLAMING OUTSIDE INFLUENCES AND BLAME YOURSELVES FOR WHAT YOU DON'T WANT TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR...

edit on 17-1-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: errors.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot

Originally posted by seenavv

2. But, but Ahmadinejad is a bad bad man! I don't want that fool in control of a nuclear weapon especially after he said he wants to wipe Israel off the map!

Ahmadinejad is no saint, far from it, but he never made such a statement. Most Iranians despise him greatly and think he is a puppet mouthpiece. But to deliberately misconstrue statements made by him and use it for war propaganda doesn't make him any more evil then you think he is

To quote his exact words in Farsi:

Imam ghoft een rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad.

I will tell you from my personal understanding of Farsi the word "map" does DOES NOT EVEN EXIST in this famous, misinterpreted statement

Direct, literal, Non-Zionist translation:

The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time

You are arguing semantics.

Wiped off the map, vanish from the page of time.

Same meaning, same implication.
If they really were the same meaning then why do mainstream sources continue to use the mistranslation ? It's not a mistake or accident, it helps in their interest of illegitimately demonizing Iran

There is a disctinct difference between these two statements, you have to be blind or illiterate if your unable to see it

"I would like to see the regime occupying this country vanish from the page of time"

"I want to wipe this country off the map"

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

The point is that the palestinians want their own state with their laws in the same region that Israel occupies. Why hasn't it happened yet? The whole statehood thing is kind of ridiculous anyway. I don't know why they don't have their own territory, and sometimes I think the true reasons are superstitious and have little to do with any international ethics.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by seenavv

There is a disctinct difference between these two statements, you have to be blind or illiterate if your unable to see it

"I would like to see the regime occupying this country vanish from the page of time"

"I want to wipe this country off the map"

Excuse me but there is no such thing...

First of all even you are changing what the Imam said to try to diminish the damage he, and the leadership of Iran, have made with statements like this one.

The Imam didn't say "I would like to see"... he said "the regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the pages of time"...
That statement is another way of saying "we must wipe Israel off the map"...

IT IS THE SAME THING...

edit on 17-1-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Wow, it's interesting to see the other side of things.

Being a good apple pie eating, grandma loving, puppy dog petting, flag worshiping, bomb explosion craving, christian preaching, capitalism supporting... American...

I must say... I've never heard such things before. How come they never show this stuff on Foxnews?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

This discussion you are having with flyersfan is a perfect example of the frustration of trying to show the other side of a story to the brainwashed masses. You can present facts all day long but the replies will leave you wondering if they even paid attention to what you said in the first place.

You will get bombarded with the most ridiculous attacks....armies of straw-men will march. If you even doubt one iota of official media reporting or other government rhetoric, you will be PRO-TERRORIST-ANTI-AMERICAN-LIBERAL-NAZI-TRASH. That's the way it works.

As you've obviously stated, the government of Iran is definitely not an example of benevolence, but as you pointed out, they are what they are because of operation Ajax. They lost their democracy because of what the CIA and other western interests did. The people are still angry. But again, don't let these pesky little things called FACTS get in the way of a perfectly good hate-fear mongering argument for more war and violence from the greatest country on Earth blessed by the almighty God himself.

No one wants to understand the reasons why there is anti-American sentiments. To explore that subject seems to be perceived as a sure sign of weakness and anti-Americanism.
edit on 17-1-2012 by empireoflizards because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

As I have have said...It is just a matter of time before the Iranian Youth forces the Old Guard out and installs a Democracy in Iran. Iran has the largest majority young to old in the world and todays computer savy freedom loving Iranian Youth has no love of their Leadership or strict Religious laws.

The problem is that this Leadership has threatened to close the Strait and this will not be tollerated. Also...Iran must allow Nuclear inspectors back in...and yes...they are attempting to build a nuclear bomb....thousnds of centrifuges are proof enough of this. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

I agree, I think that once you get past 1979, history is irrelevent. I don't get how people want to use examples from the past to demonstrate how history has led to the current geopolitical atmosphere...

If Mosadegh was so great, he wouldn't be stupid enough to let the CIA overthrow him, DUH!!!

Yeah bro! America, Fyeah!

*Hops in his F-16 and bombs some foreign countrys... YEAH BUDDY!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

XD XD XD.....Do some of u really believe what u say? I only thought this level of thought existed in stereotypes

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Very good thread

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

It is entirely superstitious.

Many believe that Israel has to exist for the end times to occur.

Furthermore, no nation deserves a state there. The land is a cultural heritage to Christians Muslims and Jews. The UN should own it.

I also find the "stolen land" argument to be invalid, considering every nation on earth formed because it stole land.
edit on 17-1-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

good point.

It just baffles me how long a resolution takes

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Good point. No nation deserves to be there.
Sort of like it was before the Balfour Declaration, except that an imperialist country, the UK, had "ownership"....
From one to the other, except that, at least the UK wasn't bent upon establishing settlements. They merely wanted to exploit resources.
Go figure.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

edit on 17/1/12 by skonaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
This is such a troll thread, sorry to be so blunt. It only instigates further hate and division amongst people here, without providing any real insight into the problem at hand.

I mean, your view on the situation is that "America started this hate first, some decades ago", "Ahmadinejad did not really said what you think he said", and finally "Iran have the right to have nuclear weapons, because everybody around them have it". And yet, you are "not supporting a nuclear Iran"....The same as tens of other similar threads here.
This is your "Iranian view" and should weight more than others because....

You are a real Iranian...
Then why not give us some first hand impression about those people's life, what they think about their ruling regime, about their nuclear program, about the western reaction, what are their hopes and wishes for the future. How they live and what they fear most. Honestly.
But you wouldn't know that, because you live comfortably in a western country, have no idea what oppression means and your only source of "truth" is the same as ours, western mass media. And ATS propaganda.
How is your view more insightful than that of any other armchair theorists'?

Western powers are after the regime of Iran to achieve total and indefinite domination of the middle east to further their plans of establishing their New World Order, which is the real enemy of humanity, not the ordinary citizens of the nations of this world!

This is so fake that made me laugh. But I imagine it brought you some flags right on the spot.
Yet the part that I found hilarious is this:

My family has directly suffered many decades because of the harrasment the west has brought upon Iran. Their lives were shaken..

But then you so conveniently found refuge in America....

I have no problem with your view, whatever that is. But when you make it an "iranian view" from an american (or canadian) comfortable living room, I feel it's too fake to take it seriously.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
I enjoyed reading this well thought out thread, thanks for posting. Unfortunately i think war with Iran is now inevitable, and there is nothing anyone can do to stop it....

Unfortunately if SOMEONE does NOT stop it, it will be the 2012 everyone has warned you about.
It will be an act of man, Not God, that begins this End.
Yes the Mountains in Iran are beautiful.
Earth is a Beautiful, Beautiful perfect magical Earth we are all so blessed as human beings to be allowed to live here.
We humans can so casually say nothing can stop tthis war but
This War will stop us. All of us. It will be our 2012 and nothing will be the same again if it occurs.

STAR FLAG OP thank you for putting this together and sharing the videos.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by empireoflizards

No one wants to understand the reasons why there is anti-American sentiments. To explore that subject seems to be perceived as a sure sign of weakness and anti-Americanism.
edit on 17-1-2012 by empireoflizards because: (no reason given)

But obviously you choose to ignore other little FACTS of history like the ones I presented...

Obviously you are one of those people who doesn't want to take responsibility for their own actions, but instead want to blame your father, your mother, society, or North America for whatever transgression crosses your mind...

North America and Europe have MORE reasons for having anti-Middle Eastern sentiment than vice-versa... But of course, you are not going to want to see it this way and instead just want to blame the United States...

I am also SURE you want to blame the United States for many other things and maybe even for everything under the Sun...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteHat
This is such a troll thread, sorry to be so blunt. It only instigates further hate and division amongst people here, without providing any real insight into the problem at hand.

If only people would learn from past mistakes, and stop blaming everyone else for their actions...

You can only hope huh?...

I agree with you, this thread is nothing but a troll thread.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Frankly, I'm just sick and tired of the rhetoric from both the "Pro-Iranian Peacenicks" AND the "Anti-Iranian Hawks". (And the really sad part is the fact that I too am a "Hawk").

I was firmly of the belief during the run-up to "Gulf War: The Sequel" that we should have left well enough alone, as Uncle Sadam was, at the least, keeping the Religious Nut-Jobs under control.

Now, here we are again, debating what we should do about another rag-head country "developing WMD", only this time it's one that's ALREADY being run by the Nut-Jobs. Personally, I think that we should just maintain a wait-and-see stance, and here's my reasoning:

If they ARE developing "The Bomb", Israel will deal with the threat as they see fit. I rather doubt that much of the rest of the Arab World is going to come a-riding in to save Supreme Leader Ali-A-Hole and his little band of Merry Men, although there's sure to be a bunch of Saber-Rattleing. So What? History has shown us time and again that the only REAL military over there is the Hebrew one. All the rest of them are nothing but a bad Marx Brothers / 3 Stooges bunch of Screaming Idiots. I say that we just make sure that their military remains the best equipped one over there.

If by some chance they actually GET a working bomb and USE it, well then I guess that we just go ahead and wipe 5000 years of Persian History off of the face of the Earth. You'll notice that unlike President "I'm-A-Dinner-Jacket", with his Israel/Page-of-Time statement, that MY statement is predicated on ACTIONS of Iran, rather than just the mere EXISTENCE of the State of Israel.

I'm just really sick and tired of OUR boys being at war for the last decade and still having nothing to show for it. Within a year or two of when the troops all finally come back home, theyre will once again be Muhammadan Theocracies running the show in the countries that we so recently vacated. And I'm really tired of wasting our young men and women in uniform's lives.

Bring 'em all home NOW, and from this point forward we respond to ANY FURTHER Muslim Aggression quickly, simply, and harshly: We Irradiate the Bastards and turn their dunes into glass parking lots.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
We need more dialog with our enemies and less saber rattling. Our leaders act like kids on a playground. We prefer to settle our differences with violence instead of respecting each others culture. I can't believe after centuries of solving our differences by killing people who have different ideologies, a civilized society still needs to embrace the concept of war.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join