It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

More "Unidentified Atmospheric Sounds" in Spain, Venice, FL, and Indonesia!

page: 5
24
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimithae
 


.
I thought the equinox happens twice every year?
Isn't that when day and night are (roughly) the same
duration?
.




posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by misscurious
 


Check out Battleship trailer comes out May of this year similar sounds in the trailer and it about ET's



posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq
 


People get there theory wrong. They believe 144,000 chosen people (precisely those who have full love in god and jesus) will reign with Jesus in Heaven. The rest will have everlasting life In Gods Kingdom. I know this cause I was raised one.



posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican
 


First two sound like they had the audio mixed in. That is, they are fake. Only the Indonesian video sounded real to me, and it didn't sound like anything out of the ordinary - just nature sounds, maybe animals.

So, I really don't see what the hype is. It's like some contest to see how much people will believe in something when obvious technical trickery has been done.



posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
just athought but remember when there was that supernova that made it seem like a second sun in the sky?the chinese had written the account down in there historyand sciencetists said that they found evidence of a supernova the light from it hit earth at about that time.so when would the sound of that event reach us?obviously it would take quite a bit longer than the light from so far away.......just a thought.



posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by notsoobvious
just athought but remember when there was that supernova that made it seem like a second sun in the sky?the chinese had written the account down in there historyand sciencetists said that they found evidence of a supernova the light from it hit earth at about that time.so when would the sound of that event reach us?obviously it would take quite a bit longer than the light from so far away.......just a thought.


You know sound can't travel in a vacuum, right? Space is a vacuum. There is no sound in space. In any case, at distances of light years, an object traveling at the speed of sound would take millions of years (at a guess) to arrive.

All these threads pop up in one day...nice work by paramount or whoever is releasing that film.



posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chai_An
The more I hear these sounds the more I think they're a hoax. Yesterday there was one released from Los Angeles in an area that thousands of people would've heard that sound but yet only the camera man and his camera? Same thing here, there would be public concern over that loud eerie sound but yet there isn't just two guys casually talking. Another thing, the sounds are too mechanical for it to be from the Earth, I'm not saying there aren't legitimate videos recording of a loud sound. I just don't think the mad rush of videos of late are the real thing due to the locations in highly populated areas and no public acknowledgment of the strangeness. The news media and police departments would be flocked with mass complaints about the sound but yet that's not happening. The one in Florida is obvious as a fake due to an area in the video in which you can tell there's been an audio overlay.
edit on 17-1-2012 by Chai_An because: Corrected the location of the sound error


I have to agree with you. However, my wife and I experienced the sounds last summer while sitting on our porch at about 10PM at night. Had I not heard it for myself, I would be screaming "hoax" myself.

However, the sound we heard was a low rumble, nothing like these "new" sound types that are popping up. What I believe is happening is a social phenomenon whereby it has become a "fad" to post the fake videos with the faux sounds.

But, I support your theory.



posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Originally posted by Chai_An
The more I hear these sounds the more I think they're a hoax. Yesterday there was one released from Los Angeles in an area that thousands of people would've heard that sound but yet only the camera man and his camera? Same thing here, there would be public concern over that loud eerie sound but yet there isn't just two guys casually talking. Another thing, the sounds are too mechanical for it to be from the Earth, I'm not saying there aren't legitimate videos recording of a loud sound. I just don't think the mad rush of videos of late are the real thing due to the locations in highly populated areas and no public acknowledgment of the strangeness. The news media and police departments would be flocked with mass complaints about the sound but yet that's not happening. The one in Florida is obvious as a fake due to an area in the video in which you can tell there's been an audio overlay.
edit on 17-1-2012 by Chai_An because: Corrected the location of the sound error


I have to agree with you. However, my wife and I experienced the sounds last summer while sitting on our porch at about 10PM at night. Had I not heard it for myself, I would be screaming "hoax" myself.

However, the sound we heard was a low rumble, nothing like these "new" sound types that are popping up. What I believe is happening is a social phenomenon whereby it has become a "fad" to post the fake videos with the faux sounds.

But, I support your theory.


Without a doubt there are people recording sounds and events that they can't explain. However I think the web is flooded with fake videos of the same sound to discredit the real videos that have been released in the past 6 months. I wouldn't dare imply what you heard is not real but I do cast a skeptical eye on all those videos released within the past two weeks. People so anxious to believe Jesus or the aliens are coming for them they disregard obvious evidence they can clearly hear identifying the clips as hoaxes.



posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Chai_An
 


And when we have multiple videos from different parts of the same city hearing the same thing, it is a hoax too?

Just in- another from Costa Rica:



Gee, now where have I heard that sound before?



posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Heard the sounds last night around 11-12 in southern georgia united states.



posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Still thinking `bout the "athmosphere is hit by wave of whatever kind of rays from wherever" (for example from the sun)-theory.
Listened to the video posted by FORMe2p00p0n on page 3:

Saturn sounds

The subscription says:



Fascinating recording of Jupiter sounds (electromagnetic "voices") by NASA-Voyager. The complex interactions of charged electromagnetic particles from the solar wind , planetary magnetosphere etc. create vibration "soundscapes". It sounds very interesting, even scary.


...which would be just what we were talking about. Wonder what source it could be... maybe some star gates opening


Uranus is even better (at about 4:40):

Sounds of Space

(Sorry... how do I embedd those vids?!?)

But no matter where it originated - I think there are a big bunch of people using it for their own purposes: fakers, film makers (also fakers)... and whales


By the way... the Costa Rica "I heard it too!"-thread is interesting, too:

Costa Rica thread
edit on 18-1-2012 by BudoSan because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-1-2012 by BudoSan because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
these 'noises' do seem to be on the rise or at least reported more....but there are some obvious hoaxes out there....i'm rather sceptical of the venice FL and the new conklin alberta...it's almost the exact same noise with what sounds like a bird or seagull and something like children laughing all in the background of the 'noise'...

venice FL..listen at around 46 seconds..


conklin..listen at around 48.......



sounds very similar...
edit on 18-1-2012 by clearmind because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-1-2012 by clearmind because: ...cause im a moooron



posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It sounded like a big wind chime that could be heard all around my city there were postings on facebook about it and nobody knows what it was. It only lasted about 10 minutes though.



posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
While some of the vids may be fake I don't think the phenomena is being hoaxed at all. Too many here on ATS alone have actually heard it (myself included) and there are actually MSM reports having to do with this. It is happening all over the world, I think it's weather related personally. Some type of rare weather phenomena.

Search it up.



posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
reply to post by Chai_An
 


And when we have multiple videos from different parts of the same city hearing the same thing, it is a hoax too?

Just in- another from Costa Rica:



Gee, now where have I heard that sound before?

Now, now quote me correctly I said that I believe many of the videos are hoaxes, I didn't say all. Well one would have to compare the video sounds to determine if it's the same sound overlaid onto another video. Just because there are more than one video from supposedly the same locale does not make the sound real, personally I don't understand the desire for anyone to hoax such an event but obviously there are hoaxes out there. Is the Costa Rica videos hoaxes? I don't know, I lack the necessary equipment to do serious analyzing of the audio.



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican
 


The one from Venice Florida is a fake. Please do some research before you post junk.



posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsettica
If this is what outer space sounds like in our atmosphere then something big has changed to let it in. The only thing that could let that happen is a change in our magnetic field, why I say that is some of the harmonics are vary low like a pressure wave traveling through the earths air.
I thought you all might find this a little interesting that may be the sounds are coming from space but now we can here them as to before we could not, but what is more interesting is what has changed to let that happen ?
That is the real question What has changed?


I've seen a few people mention this as a possible reason for the sounds, but I don't really get it. As far as I know, any "sounds" that were "heard" by the Voyager craft would have to have come in the form of radio waves. Actual sound waves require a medium through which to travel, and the more dense the medium, the better. Sound travels reasonably well in earth's atmosphere, and whales can be separated by thousands of miles and still hear each other because water is much more dense than sea-level air.
Space isn't an absolute vacuum, even deep intergalactic space will have a few hydrogen atoms per cubic centimeter, while space in the vicinity of Earth has 5 or so particles per centimeter...but that is nowhere near dense enough to carry a sound wave. So any "sounds" from space must come in the form of radio waves or some other class of electromagnetic radiation, meaning we can't actually hear it until we perform an arbitrary demodulation of the electromagnetic waves into an electrical signal that will, when amplified, cause a speaker to emit sounds.

So when you said the earth's magnetic field would've had to have changed before these "sounds" could come through from space, I understood that, a little...Earth's EM field protects us from harmful EM radiation, most of which comes from the Sun. If some EM radiation is no longer being deflected by the EM field, then something has changed.

But I am not clear on how "sounds from space" in the form of radio waves or any other EM radiation--even supposing Earth's EM field is allowing them through to enter the atmosphere--would then produce actual audio vibrations that we could hear. Am I missing something here?



posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by snewpers
reply to post by Dimithae
 
.
I thought the equinox happens twice every year?
Isn't that when day and night are (roughly) the same
duration?


I think he was talking about the axial precession of the Earth, otherwise known as the Precession of the Equinoxes.
Precession, in astronomy, refers to several different types of slow changes in the orbital parameters of an astronomical body. The Precession of the Equinoxes specifically refers to the cyclical movement of the Earth's rotational axis (think of a spinning top wobbling a bit on its axis).

Here is Wikipedia's explanation for why Earth's axial precession is associated with the equinox:


Earth's precession was historically called precession of the equinoxes because the equinoxes moved westward along the ecliptic relative to the fixed stars, opposite to the motion of the Sun along the ecliptic.


Huh? I'm too sleep-deprived to decrypt that sentence right now....maybe you can?



posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darksigns
The one from Venice Florida is a fake. Please do some research before you post junk.


Please at least outline your reasoning, indicate key evidence, summarize your methods, and cite your sources, if any. Otherwise your "debunk" is junk.



posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I have yet to hear any of this stuff personally, and the YouTube videos containing "trumpet" and "choir" sounds I don't know what to think of yet...but I'm certain the "rumbling" and "booming" sounds actually have occurred. Right now I'm guessing roughly eighty percent of the YouTube videos are fakes. That still leaves a lot of real anomalous phenomena to be investigated.

Many times in threads about these sounds, I see that people point to a lack of media coverage as a point of suspicion. I think that is a good point and a legitimate question, but not if it's just left at that. So here's a few instances I have found of local media responding to "strange sounds." This doesn't include the recent Costa Rica stuff, which everyone should already have seen as it was widely reported.
 


March 20th, 2011, Orlando channel 9 news. 911 calls, rumbling/shaking reported over large area, authorities interviewed, seismographs checked, no answers.


Other news reports:

ABC News
Dateline
Borneo Post
The Huffington Post

 


I think this is a good start. We should be collecting any example of local news reporting of stuff like this, it is the first step in helping sift through the BS on YouTube so a legitimate analysis can begin on the real recordings.



new topics

top topics



 
24
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

log in

join