It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Nuclear Iran could deter IDF from wars in Gaza, Lebanon'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Another nice find

The IDF sure has been all over the place lately.

Now they're trying to spook us into thinking Iran will share nuke tech with Hamas, Hezbollah.

I doubt the hardcore Israeli Zionists are even buying this garbage.
edit on 17-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by MortlitantiFMMJ

Yes we know what it means, It means the systematic eradication of the Palestinian people by Israel; that is genocide.

They aren't being very efficient about it, killing one, two, or three at a time. Add to that that fact that nearly all of the people Israel kills are usually standing next to a rocket launcher that just launched at civilians at the time and Gaza is actually a pretty safe place; unless you belong to Fatah.

More Palestinians have been killed by Hamas than have been killed by Israel over the last 20 years, so why don't you take your ill-informed opinions and polish them up a bit. Or do you just hate the Jews so much that you willingly turn a blind eye to the evil they face every single day, an evil also being visited on Palestinians?

If Iran gets a bomb, I guarantee you Gaza will burn right alongside Israel. Rethink.
edit on 1/17/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr
Only thing i see happening here is Hamas or Hezzbollah becoming emboldened and launching rockets, kidnapping Israelis and suicide bombing checkpoints again.

If Iran were to bomb Israel, they would be responsible for the deaths of many Palestinians as well. Its much too small a country to selectively exterminate the Jews like they would so dearly love.

In Jihad, any Palestinians killed in an effort to annihilate Israeli Jews would be acceptable losses. They have done such things before, and the mullahs approved.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by nightbringr
Only thing i see happening here is Hamas or Hezzbollah becoming emboldened and launching rockets, kidnapping Israelis and suicide bombing checkpoints again.

If Iran were to bomb Israel, they would be responsible for the deaths of many Palestinians as well. Its much too small a country to selectively exterminate the Jews like they would so dearly love.

In Jihad, any Palestinians killed in an effort to annihilate Israeli Jews would be acceptable losses. They have done such things before, and the mullahs approved.

Hey, I agree completely.

Someone else made a very good yet alarming point. During the Gulf War, Iraq launched scuds at Israel. If Iran ever becomes nuclear, Israel may have no choice but to assume any incoming missiles from Iran or Syria in a future confrontation to be nuclear tipped. This may force them to respond in kind before they are destroyed, whether it turns out to be conventional or not. *shivers*

Mushroom clouds over Damascus indeed.

link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Source plus do you know what Jihad means?

link   

Still denying the facts from the same thread you posted for me to view. Here are the facts! Courtesy of Sigismundus

'

Palestina' was another Roman name given to the area from Lebanon to the Negev over as far as present day Jordan after the 2nd Failed Jewish revolt against Rome under ANOTHER armed Daviddic Messiah-leader Bar-Kosiba (aka BarKokhba) in 136 CE (100 years AFTER the OTHER Daviddic Messiah leader R. Yehoshua bar Yosef the Galilean Nazir (BCE 12 - 36 CE) led an armed revolt against Rome at Passover in 36 CE - at the 100th anniversary of the Roman invasion of Jerusalem by General Pompey (c. 63 BCE) - and well, look how that turned out... The Romans derived the name PALESTINA from FILISTIN i.e. 'philistia'. The Palestinian people call themselves FILISTIN, i.e. Philistines - and seem to-day still to be partially racially descended from the Filistine's of the 'Hebrew Bible' - a group of sea faring (originally non-shemitic i.e. Hellenistic) peoples who came by boat escaping from the Greek islands around the Minoan islands after the eruption of the volcano Thera in c. 1620 BCE - you can tell from their pottery they were originally Minoan Greek-related.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You are to blind to read history? You need to know and comprehend Roman, Greek and Jewish history before you can dismiss the Jewish line and take the Arab line that has only been a issue for the last 60 years thanks to Yassar Arafat.

That piece of land has been fought over constantly throughout history. Just because the Arabs stole the land from the Jews, that never made it theirs. If that is the line you want to take then to the victor comes the spoils
Since the Arabs have constantly attacked Israel I hope they take all of their land back that was theirs, given to them by GOD!!

Have you also seen the rock solid proof that Mount Sinai was found to be way into Saudi Arabia?

After Mr Wyatt found this site in 1984, and visited it again a year later, the Saudi government erected a fence and a guard house preventing access to the Holy Precinct area at the foot of the mountain on the eastern side. The sign above states, "Archaeological area...unlawful to trespass, subject to penalty." When Ron and his two sons made their fist trip into Saudi Arabia, they were accused of being spies and were held prisoner for two months, awaiting execution. After Ron helped to heal many sick prisoners, the authorities listened to his story and accompanied him to the column at the Saudi beach, then to Mt. Sinai. It was then they believed him, but they had to confiscate his photographs before letting him go.

www.arkdiscovery.com...

And I suppose you will try to argue those facts? The Jews have done so much for peace, what have the Arabs done? The Arabs and Jews can live in peace but when the Arabs send suicide bombers on order from IRAN and launch rockets into Israel their can be no peace. God will also never let Israel be in peace while they try to be politically correct and keep that abomination standing on the temple mount.

It does not take a rocket scientist to figure that out. I bet you will fall right at the Anti-Christ feet and kiss them when he makes his false peace with Israel.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

You have to be careful with this. Iran is a surprisingly complex state when it comes to religion and politics.

If it had been an Islamic country like Saudi Arabia, I would agree outright, but Iran, I don't think it is that clear cut.

There are multiple religions in Iran that has led to a much more secular populace than the political representation would convey. They are not as hard line as our media would like us to believe.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Were you taught what it meant as baby like the rest of the Arabs who live in Israel or the mid-east? Do you live in the mid-east now? I doubt any true American would sit here and bash the U.S. and Israel like you do every day.

link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

The Arabs and Jews can live in peace but when the Arabs send suicide bombers

Only because they have no military and they are being killed via genocide on their own land. That is their only way to defend their land.

on order from IRAN

source and documentation of this

God will also never let Israel be in peace while they try to be politically correct and keep that abomination standing on the temple mount.

God does not side with a genocidal israel who commits blasphemy by killing in the name of God, they are in fact siding with satan.

link   
i dont feel any country should have a nuke. but once one does if you believe in freedom, then you have to believe every country has freewill to persue the bomb at their own peril. if they are suicidal, well then they will die. if you are a controlling society, then you will try to control how they use their freewill, the way you see fit. it is what it is. just what are you more afraid of? a suicidal iran, or controlling government?
edit on 06/02/2010 by letscit because: fix sentence

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

I doubt any true American would sit here and bash the U.S. and Israel like you do every day.

I am an american and I dont care about Israel. If you care about Israel then you are not an american. Go to Israel and get out of my country the USA.

Also where did I say anything against the USA in this thread?
edit on 17-1-2012 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Definition of JIHAD 1 : a holy war waged on behalf of Islam as a religious duty

Merriam Webster

And that #1 definition is the sense that I meant.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Also it is in self defense from outside oppressors. Merriam left that out. Why dont you go to the quran for a more accurate source. Jihad means holy war for self preservation.

Merriam webster is an english dictionary and not the quran.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
And I suppose you will try to argue those facts? The Jews have done so much for peace, what have the Arabs done? The Arabs and Jews can live in peace but when the Arabs send suicide bombers on order from IRAN and launch rockets into Israel their can be no peace. God will also never let Israel be in peace while they try to be politically correct and keep that abomination standing on the temple mount.

It does not take a rocket scientist to figure that out. I bet you will fall right at the Anti-Christ feet and kiss them when he makes his false peace with Israel.

Did it ever dawn on you that religion has nothing to do with it?

Israel and Iran also happen to be weapons manufacturers. As such, they have very powerful segments in their respective governments that profit heavily from prolonged violence.

Similar to certain segments of the US military industrial complex, the Chinese military industrial complex, the Russians, the French, etc, etc.

It is very telling that in all of the above mentioned cases (Iran and Israel included) that the MI complexes must act in a covert manner vs with overt public support.

In any of those countries, the truth would probably doom the current administrations as well as some very wealthy people in each country.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Bin Laden granted Zarqawi permission to kill Iraqi security forces and Shi‘ites in order to achieve a "state of truth" and uproot the "state of the lie."[59] Zarqawi did so with both car bombs and suicide bombers. On May 18, 2005, Zarqawi legitimized the killing of Muslims under the principle of overriding necessity and the victory of jihad. "Islamic law states that the Islamic faith is more important than life, honor, and property," and the Shi‘ites are worse than the Crusaders, he argued.[60] He declared both collateral killing of Muslims and murder of noncombatant non-Muslims legitimate[61] and, on September 14, 2005, declared jihad war on the Shi‘ites.[62]

Middle East Forum

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Great! Hamas and Hezbollah protected by a nuclear armed Iran. I suppose they will get free reign to fire as many Katyushas as they wish? Just wow! Some of you are so willing to give Iran the benefit of a doubt over just about anything? If I recall, British Prime Minister, Neville Chamberlain, was so willing to give Adolf Hitler the benefit of a doubt after his land grabs and bold aggression until his blitzkrieg through Poland.

I don't know what Iran is up to? However, I do not want them to get the bomb. Their past activities and rhetoric is why. I do not see them as responsible stewards of such an awesome and destructive power. This is not something to back away from. We have to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Iran's nuclear program is for peaceful purposes. I am unconvinced. If Iran gets the bomb they will use it as a means to blackmail other countries. A proliferated Middle East will be everyone's worse nightmare, because last I checked it is not all that stable to begin with. Just my take on it.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Only because they have no military and they are being killed via genocide on their own land. That is their only way to defend their land.

Yeah, funny how your so called "genocides" occur only after Hamas have launched hundreds of rockets at Israel or Hezbollah kidnaps people. So, your genocide is anothers self-defence. And newsflash, genocide is a systematic extermination of a people. As Old Corp said, killing one or two rocket launchers here and there certainly does not constitute a genocide. Might wanna look it up in the dictionary.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Using jihads presented by Wahhabi Muslims doesn't mean much when comparing to Shi'a Muslims, or Sunni Muslims, etc.

It would be like Westboro Church making a statement and assuming that all Christians will follow it.

For the record, the Wahhabi Muslims trend to be the most extremist of the Islamic sects.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
I don't know what Iran is up to? However, I do not want them to get the bomb. Their past activities and rhetoric is why. I do not see them as responsible stewards of such an awesome and destructive power. This is not something to back away from. We have to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Iran's nuclear program is for peaceful purposes. I am unconvinced. If Iran gets the bomb they will use it as a means to blackmail other countries. A proliferated Middle East will be everyone's worse nightmare, because last I checked it is not all that stable to begin with. Just my take on it.

I don't know about that.

USA and Russia have been in possession of nuclear weapons and backers of 'select' movements around the globe, and we have yet to see any nukes let off the chain yet.

No real reason to suspect that a country that acts in a very similar fashion would either.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Merriam webster is an english dictionary and not the quran.

I speak English.

Genocide has not been committed against the Palestinians. You would do well to consult an English language dictionary.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join