It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Nuclear Iran could deter IDF from wars in Gaza, Lebanon'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

'Nuclear Iran could deter IDF from wars in Gaza, Lebanon'

www.jpost.com

OC Planning Directorate Maj.-Gen. Eshel says Hamas, Hezbollah will be more aggressive and daring with a nuclear-armed Iran standing behind them, Israel may find itself more restrained.
Talkbacks ()

A nuclear-armed Iran could deter Israel from going to war in Lebanon and the Gaza Strip against Tehran's terrorist allies, an IDF officer said on Tuesday.

OC Planning Directorate Maj.-Gen. Amir Eshel echoed leaders in Jerusalem who argue that a nuclear-armed Iran could create a "global nuclear jungle" and fuel arms races in an already volatile Middle East.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Looks like Israel wanted free reign to commit mass murder and genocide and the only regional power in that area would have been its limiting factor. So the truth comes out little by little. Israel wants to expand its lands from the river euphrates to the river egypt, and the most powerful balancing force in that region is Iran.

Also we Americans are not with Israel, Israel may have bought out a few of my representatives and senators, but they do not represent me. I as an American will never stand for Israel. I put the USA above it.

www.jpost.com

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
A nuclear Iran could also deter Jews from remaining alive in Israel.

Just saying.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Looks like Israel wanted free reign to commit mass murder and genocide and the only regional power in that area would have been its limiting factor. So the truth comes out little by little. Israel wants to expand its lands from the river euphrates to the river egypt, and the most powerful balancing force in that region is Iran.

Also we Americans are not with Israel, Israel may have bought out a few of my representatives and senators, but they do not represent me. I as an American will never stand for Israel. I put the USA above it.

www.jpost.com

Do you understand what genocide means?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Seen this earlier as well on the news.

Israel realise that a loaded gun such as Iran it would scupper there plans to do what they like in the region.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Iran does not want to do that, it would be stupid for them and they know it. If they wanted to do it, it would only be for self defense purposes. The same was said of pakistan yet they didnt use it on anyone because they know the consequences.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I am sorry but only in Iran's and your wet dream will that happen. Even if Iran had one bomb Israel has missile defense and hundreds of nukes. They would stomp Hezbollah anyway.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MortlitantiFMMJ

Yes we know what it means, It means the systematic eradication of the Palestinian people by Israel; that is genocide.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Iran does not want to do that, it would be stupid for them and they know it. If they wanted to do it, it would only be for self defense purposes. The same was said of pakistan yet they didnt use it on anyone because they know the consequences.

Pakistan's leadership is not near as suicidal as Iran's. If the Taliban take over, watch how fast India thumps them with the help of the U.S. and Israel. No comparison YET. Musharraf also wants to take back the country so we will see how that affects Pak.

Do you or do you not know that Iran's leaders think its their job to start WW3? They have said it many times so why defend the lunatics?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

Did you see the debate last night? Only WE THE USA want to start WW3 with Iran.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

reply to post by MortlitantiFMMJ

Yes we know what it means, It means the systematic eradication of the Palestinian people by Israel; that is genocide.

And I am sure if someone told you the Arabs had a right to Indiana you would believe them? Not since the beginning of time has there ever been a nation called Palestine so there has never ever been a Palestinian person. Palestine was a region in biblical times.

Are you going to argue that fact?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Actually it does exist, I will refer you to these threads that provide documentation:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also this thread is not about that, it is about Iran providing a balancing force to prevent the genocidal expansion of Israel.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Did you see the debate last night? Only WE THE USA want to start WW3 with Iran.

No we really don't. Ask any General or Admiral if they want war and they will tell you no! If they were not so dam crazy we would not have a big issue with them having a bomb. You need to understand Iran's intentions, they want to bring back the glory of the old Persian empire and they will do anything to get it. We can not let that happen as it would hold 1/3rd of the oil hostage and they would have to destroy friendly nations to get it.

Have you not seen Amidinanuts Mahdi speech?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

No we really don't

Yes we do, did you not see Newt and Romeny wanting it, and then the audience cheering them on?

Iran has the intention to protect its people and its right to exist, only a nuclear deterrent will provide them with that right. Iran is not stupid enough to use one nuke on someone because they will be destroyed.

edit on 17-1-2012 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

When did they say that? I have yet to hear a threat to start ww3 from them. By the way, we are already in ww3. Have been for over 10 years now. Where have you been? Iran didn't start it, the USA did. And hopefully we will lose. So far we are winning, but I hope Iran gives us a bloody nose and we skulk back home and give up this stupid war.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Just saying.

A nuclear Israel will probably the cause that ends the living of Jews in Israel

Just saying.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

What Iran wants is irrelevant. Iran's terrorist friends want it and if they get the weapons to do it, they will, or have you forgotten all the countless times terrorists have bombed jewish restaurants and businesses? What do you think they will do when they get access to nuclear arms? Israel will disappear from the map. Wether or not Iran wants it, it will still happen because there are hundreds of millions of radical islamic militants that would jump at the chance to be the first one to push the red button.

No, i stand with Israel on this matter. Terrorists must never be allowed to gain access to nuclear arms and before you cry wolf at Israel having them, Israel has had them for how many years and they have never used them even once? Can you vouchesafe for all the millions of islamic militant guerrilla armies running around? No you cannot. Israel goes abovfe and beyond the call to even send text messages to palestinian families warning them to get out before a raid so they do not get harmed. On the other hand Hamas and Hezbollah will grab human shields so they do not die when they fight and they run like cowards. So the IDF goes above and beyond the call to keep people safe, while terrorist groups like Hamas and Hezbollah don't even care. And you folks wonder why they refuse palestinians Israeli citizenship

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Only thing i see happening here is Hamas or Hezzbollah becoming emboldened and launching rockets, kidnapping Israelis and suicide bombing checkpoints again.

If Iran were to bomb Israel, they would be responsible for the deaths of many Palestinians as well. Its much too small a country to selectively exterminate the Jews like they would so dearly love.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth4Thought

Originally posted by butcherguy

Just saying.

A nuclear Israel will probably the cause that ends the living of Jews in Israel

Just saying.
Well the Israelis have been nuclear for some time now.

If I am not mistaken, Iraq fired Scud missiles at Israeli population centers and the Israelis didn't nuke them for that.
Add nuclear to Iran.... that will change the situation greatly. Might even provoke a nuclear exchange if someone accidentally launches a conventional missile or fails to inform before testing a missile.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

You do know that Iran is home to the second largest Jewish population in the ME, right?

You do know that the Jews have a permanent seat in the Iranian Majlis?

Or that Jews are fully protected by the Iranian Constitution, right?

Mullahs may talk big, but they have yet to actually do anything more than talk. And, I am completely fine with that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join