It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debate audience goes crazy cheering when Gingrich says "We'll kill our enemies."

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by mossme89

reply to post by mossme89

What is the problem?
In warfare, you kill your enemy.
I want my dangerous enemies dead.
Don't see the issue here.

The problem is that it leads to an endless cycle of bloodshed. We're all human and we all live on the same planet. We need to stop killing each other and learn to talk things out like sane people.

Part of the reason we have enemies is because we stick our noses where they don't belong.

While I agree with the fact that the US federal govt sticks its nose in the business of other countries and even the US citizen, I still have no problem with the statement of killing your enemy.

Talk only goes so far. Look at the UN. That is the biggest bloated group of wind bags that could ever have come together.
Lots of talk, no results or resolutions.

The biggest enemy of the average American is career politicians who put their political party and rich campaign contributors ahead of the constituency they are supposed to be representing. By all means kill America's enemies.

No need to kill them.
Vote them out of office.
America still has a voting mechanism with a non-violent transfer of power.

edit on 18-1-2012 by macman because: Correction.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by macman

TPTB...You may not follow them....but believe me...the do follow you. On the internet, your buying habits, your gun purchases...

Oh, they follow you...

edit on 17-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

That is nice

Yes, the topic of SOPA and NDAA is other threads.

Trying to shoo me off because I hit a nerve with you...to use your words...nice try

Did you even watch the debate last night? I was sickened by the audience reaction.

Yet you are on ATS which has any number of threads stating which countries/people of a particular faith they would like to destroy? On the whole they get an awful lot of flags which should tell you something.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by duality90

I still stand behind my statement.
The UN is about as useful as udders on a Bull.
Lets not even talk about the crimes committed by the Blue Helmets in Africa.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by The X

Big salty Crocodile tears.

Thanks for the armchair therapist analysis.

Funny, how most people like you and Old Hippie Dude have no problem in proclaiming coexistence and tolerance, yet when it comes to someone like myself, with differing views, you both have no problem with name calling and such.

WOW, very very tolerant.

You keep being classy, and tolerant.

:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dionisius

reply to post by Destinyone

Not watching the debate and watching the clips on this means what?
Did not know you hold the final say in who can and can't comment.

I like the thought of getting rid of your enemies.

"A man without enemies is a man without friends" - anon

So, one in the same I guess?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Yep, and the Democrats and Liberals cheer on the killing of unborn babies.
Poop called, said vomit stinks.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
You would think our fellow Americans would be weary of war and just tired after better than a decade of it. Yet here we are...cheering for another one while still fighting the first one from clear back at the start of the nightmare. When does it end? Will my kids child know America at peace?

They are not weary because they have no stake in it.
Bring back the draft, then you will see a real backlash.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Why must you mock those who favor peace?

There's a very good and legitimate reason people dislike war and death. Secondly, peace is not just a liberal attribute, ask No-bama.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by L00kingGlass

Why must you mock those who favor peace?

There's a very good and legitimate reason people dislike war and death. Secondly, peace is not just a liberal attribute, ask No-bama.

Where have I mocked anyone?
I want peace in my time.
I, unlike some, will not strive for peace by bowing down to others.
There is the difference.

If someone is going to slam people for cheering on the debate, and then have their own skeletons, they should maybe not be so quick with their comments.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
If he means " All enemies foreign and domestic " I'm all for that.

You really have to wonder about people who would name their baby Newt.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
It seems most people don't have the balls for peace.

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity. (Carlin)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Well im sure there is enough room for you and all those people cheering to get on the boat/flight, and go and kill your dangerous enemies dead.
You come across as being a little like a pre-teen who wants their fear of things hiding under the bed to go away.
How very disappointing it is, that even after 10 years of war the blood lust of "realy? Nice savages" still is not sated.
Maybe you should be on the front line, maybe then after you "Get some" you'll be able to sit down and be nicely engorged.
I really hope you get what you need.

So, not particularly bright are you, where do i call you anything?..
"You come across as being a little like a pre-teen" is subjective opinion and not name calling, same as me saying that i think you are not very bright is my subjective opinion based on your reading and comprehension skills.
So, not particularly bright are you, where do i call you anything?.
As for any kind of psychiatric diagnosis, you do need an evaluation, you might find that the fear of things you do not fully understand is unwarranted and counter productive, makes you sound a little paranoid.
(I gotta get them before they get me) lol.

And yes crocodiles do cry false tears for their victims, though in this case i can see you making yourself the biggest victim you ever created.

And for the record, i do not agree with violence of any kind for any reason.
I equate a penchant for violence with low IQ and emotional retardation, (opinion).

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Thank you for having a brain and the courage to post this here!
I'm not an United Stater but having lived there for time and friends there, I can relate to you.
I saw this last night on CNN live from where I live and felt really disgusted at this. How can a guy like this promote murdering of people of national TV and if you or me say anything the TV doesn't like they'll cut us off and tell it's break time! It's a shame our world has boiled down to this. It's not humanity anymore, they should call it 'bestianity' or 'animanity' I don't know but this sort of reaction from people is not normal. There is so much hatred and emotions shunned in these people that when someone says something like this, they feel special for being born in the 'most powerful country in the world'. It's sad to see that here in the other side of the world the reality is people are waking up and the few United Staters like you that still are fighting against the brainwashing machine give the rest of the world hope for a better place in the next decades, thank you so much.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by The X

I equate a penchant for violence with low IQ and emotional retardation, (opinion).

I agree with this, no disrespect intended to anyone. There are better ways to solve problems rather than killing people, including innocents who get caught in the crossfire.

If I ever have to see another little girl with half her face blown off I'll probably lose my mind.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by L00kingGlass

To you and The X.
I never stated I like violence. Nor have I stated that I have it as the first option.
I do not live in fairyland, thinking that talking will solve everything.

Again, I will not live in peace by bowing down.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Everyone always has enemies, ours don't compare to us enough to merit collapsing our nations economy and trust, but that is just my opinion. It's like firing a missile at an ant hill, Al Qaeda is gone, barely functional. Iran's military blows and what they have that doesn't is our decades old technology. China is not a threat, North Korea is not a threat, no one is a threat for the US military, which has the combined powers of the west right behind it.

Divided we fall, this was Osama's big idea all along, except he didn't do it, we did. Given that we could care less about middle easterners, maybe time to start paying attention to how all this crap is affecting your countrymen. Not everyone is like you and enjoys slugging lead back and forth in some desert half way across the world, some people have kids and wives and believe in a peaceful life.

The only enemy of the United States is it's own stupidity, politicians and corporate fascism. Wake the # up.
edit on 18-1-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Indeed, but moreover It is a mans own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Threatens the US? You are so brainwashed it's sad. The US is the one who has been threatening, bombing and invading countries. No wonder they're tired of us. When did Iran threaten to invade the US? Never. Meanwhile we threaten it all the time, even in freaking election debates we're sitting there threatening other countries how messed up is that? And our media sells it as a good idea to people like you every day.. Who has Iran invaded in the last 10 years while we invaded 2 countries and bombed others? No one.

"A realy nice savage" huh? First off, there's two Ls in really. Second, are you taking pride in being savage or something? About sums up the tone of your posts. Sad.
So tired of this propaganda machine ruining otherwise good American brains and turning them into heartless human beings who think only the life of American's means anything.
edit on 18-1-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89

Look at all of those cheering monkeys. It's a shame the clip cut off early because I think it was feces throwing time.

This is just a monkey-tribal product of evolution, kind of like partisanism.

Political Partisans Addicted To Irrational Defense Of Their Tribes

Civilization has caused this trait to become much less important for survival, so we can see it diminished to some extant in certain portions of more civilized populations. When it actually becomes beneficial to NOT have this trait, which I think will be the case within 1000 years, we will see this monkey-like behavior slowly dissipate from society.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Well seeing as I am neither, what's your point and can you post the videos of those cheering abortion.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join