It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debate audience goes crazy cheering when Gingrich says "We'll kill our enemies."

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
It shows that sad state in which humanity and much of American society is, that when a politician preaches "killing" people, the crowd actually cheers.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

The title of this thread is...............
Debate audience goes crazy cheering when Gingrich says "We'll kill our enemies.",

The first paragragh from the O.P. is..................
I saw this on the South Carolina debate last night and am utterly disgusted at how the audience went ballistic cheering. This clip isn't even half of it. A few seconds later, the camera showed people almost falling off their seats in utter joy. If this the attitude of our country, I have officially lost hope. We're doomed to continue the vicious cycle of bloodshed.

And your first response is......What is the problem?
In warfare, you kill your enemy.
I want my dangerous enemies dead.
Don't see the issue here

Am I wrong in assuming that your response is supporting Gingrich's words ?
Am I wrong in assuming that you see no disgust in the audience response as the O.P. expresses in his post ?
Your cavilier approch to killing is disheartining.
No honest person wants to go to war and no honorable will walk away from it when theatened, but for one to fight there must be a cause and a purpose not just accusations and assumptions. That is where your moral compass is broken. ( your quote)......Don't see the issue here. (I guess you don't.)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
You would think our fellow Americans would be weary of war and just tired after better than a decade of it. Yet here we are...cheering for another one while still fighting the first one from clear back at the start of the nightmare. When does it end? Will my kids child know America at peace?

It ends when our enemies no longer want to kill us, especially the dead ones.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by mossme89

What is the problem?
Don't see the issue here.

You also kill many innocent people, numbskull. What about them? Ares you going to go apologize to the parents whose kids were blown to bits? Hey, blame it on the "bad guys " right? Everything's so simple isn't it? Kill 'em dead. Problem solved.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Always and forever, this dualistic, us-against-them thinking, that does nothing but escalate into the complete destruction of entire civilizations. At the end (should you, or your descendents be so lucky to survive) what will it all have been worth? To paraphrase the Dalai Lama, your enemies today may be your friends tomorrow, and your own family could turn against you, as well. We can't reasonably assume to know who the enemy is, when our own fickle emotions are at the helm. The real and true enemy is within, and that is hatred.
edit on 17-1-2012 by lowundertheradar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Not to alter the coversation too far, but hows this fit your parameters?
I sould actually write a novel based on this theme but maybe the professional could do it better justice......
We already KNOW......have proven scientifically.....thaat a simple broadcast of certain frequency of micro waves, can in fact alter our consciouness......
What if i told you that a simple transmitter about the size of a pack of smokes.....can be powerful enough to get a whole room full of people shouting at each other....
The conversational vulume can be adjusted to frenzy pitch ive been told.....
Think about that.....
What trouble would it be to have certain people circulate throughout the audience and play the right micro wave vibration to get the audience to shout and scream for anything at all......
"We must kill our enemies" yay cheer who who yay etc
"We must have more spagetti"Yay cheer clap horay!
get it?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I hear people complaining on ATS about RP supporters calling others stupid or brain-dead when they don't agree with Paul's policies.

This is one subject where I'll agree with the RP supporters! If you support war, you are an ignorant mind-controlled animal and you are no different than any other soulless sociopath who kills without regard for life!

And what really ticks me off is these people call themeslves christians? I'm an athiest, but I do remember some of my catholic school teachings. The only time Jesus EVER showed violence was when he chased the moneylenders out of church! This is part of why I denounce religion! It's social control and a friggin hypocricy!

Now, I'm all for having to defend this country. But who in hell gives us or anyone the right to attack anyone alse without provocation? And I'm EFFING tired of hearing about 9/11 giving us the right! We flattened al-Qaeda in Afghanastan. Bin Laden is dead! The Taliban is not al-Qaeda! Iraq is not al-Qaeda! Iran is not al-Qaeda!

Hmmm. Maybe all this war and policing countries isn't about defending our country, now is it?

WAKE UP you brain-dead ANIMALS!

edit on 1/17/2012 by maddog99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
After hearing people applaud and talk about death unnaturally, I turned off my laptop. From my point of view, the concept of death many people hold is out of the ordinary (crazy).

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
What I get a kick out of is how Newt says he believes that we should kill the enemy but dodged the draft during the Vienam War. Where were the talking heads at today? How about those who never served in the military, shut the F up when it comes to war.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

If you watched the debates last night, it appears there were well over a hundred like minded idiots.

Ya know I was saying that in 2008 about the Obama supporters. Most didn't read the fine print on that hope & change.
As for killing our enemies, well that does solve the problem when you have a clearly defined enemy. Problem is that these days it's not like the enemy always wears a uniform. SO we get the mess we have currently. War is not like it was described in the history books.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Wow, those people, I don't want them part of my America. The cheering for death? Sickening.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

What is the problem?

Who are our enemies again? Anyone labeled a "Terrorist" + Iranians? Chinese? Russians? Libyans? Egyptians? Syrians? Venezuelans? Cubans?

Anyone that threatens the US.
Very simple.

Nice. But instead of threaten, How about If you attack us or our allies, then its game on? Threatening is a bit to vague.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibajaba
it's a psyop - they insert this kind of stuff (can you say canned).
vote RON PAUL - and we won't have to worry about our borders - on account of he will defend them.

I agree, only I call it propaganda. I remember when Bill Clinton was elected. Newt was Speaker of the House, I think, and he shut down the government because he said there was no money to run it. Nobody even noticed. Then Clinton balanced the budget. And kept it balanced, in spite of Newt.

People can say what they want, but Newt, Mitt, and Rick S. are not what America needs, or what American wants. I am really not liking this religious test these days for candidates. Here is Law.

The No Religious Test Clause of the United States Constitution is found in Article VI, paragraph 3, and states that:

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.
source

Ron Paul is America's only hope, I do not understand why some cannot understand him and his principles, I find him very easy to understand, and have followed his career and read his voting record many times. His record stands. Notice no one can dig up any dirt on Paul? That is because there is no dirt to dig up.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Sanguine one's call for the death of their brethren beneath rock of ages they hide themselves-deluded in self proclaimed innocence....Lies...lies and more of the same. The truth is,it's suicide. They are really calling supuku....

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

You're sick in the head; there's much evidence that cave men and early man lived harmoniously amongst each other and nature, and it's modern man with intellect and thought that fights amongst one another.

You might not agree with your philosophies if you were one of the first intellectual homo sapiens that did not learn about fire, because you would have been burned at the stake. Your social Darwinism theory is all fine and dandy until YOU end up extinct.

Don't think it won't happen to you with the attitude you espouse.
edit on 17-1-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Guess most of America's Christians are just fake ones?

For, what does the Bible tell us about how to treat our Enemies? ?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Ignant, this is one time I have to agree with you. The political system, religion, and everything else is completely ass backwards at this point and it seems that few even realize the absurdity of it all. We are destroying ourselves.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Love the Newt. The only real American running.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89

What is the problem?

The problem is that it leads to an endless cycle of bloodshed. We're all human and we all live on the same planet. We need to stop killing each other and learn to talk things out like sane people.

Part of the reason we have enemies is because we stick our noses where they don't belong.

While I agree with the fact that the US federal govt sticks its nose in the business of other countries and even the US citizen, I still have no problem with the statement of killing your enemy.

Talk only goes so far. Look at the UN. That is the biggest bloated group of wind bags that could ever have come together.
Lots of talk, no results or resolutions.

The biggest enemy of the average American is career politicians who put their political party and rich campaign contributors ahead of the constituency they are supposed to be representing. By all means kill America's enemies.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
The GOP and their nominees were laughed at in the german newspapers who covered that debate.

Really, it looks like a contest to reach idiocracy before the end of this decade - what will happen next? Wrestling with Romney, Paul, Gingrich and those others?

So, what is the point in this nonsense, besides giving some television channel huge audience ratings? Is that really worth grilling your possible future president in a stupid show like this, wearing him out like an old sock?

You do know that the future president will have to show up on the international meetings, and I think it would be desastrous for any president if the other leaders are snickering behind his back about "events" which happened live on tv..?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join