It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help with being an introvert

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

Its the pot.....I have seen it happen to multiple people before...

It is not. What you describe is being weak and blaming something else for it.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

See this is the thing. I personally don't have a problem with me using it, its just become a part of my day. I enjoy its benefits, but I'm now not sure whether its me coming up with something to blame (in this case, pot) or if its just general social anxiety. There is no line anymore.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Yes, absolutely. The best way to describe to people is that out socializing is what charges an extroverts batteries and solitude is what charges an introverts batteries. An extrovert gets anxious and restless when alone, an introvert gets anxious and restless when they are in crowds. I can tolerate socializing, but on my terms. When I have decided I have had enough then that is it. But I do have to be careful, it is very easy for me to seal myself away and cutoff all contact for weeks or months. Usually though, when I have not been social I will get the urge to go socialize and see what is going on in the world. It is like something inside me is telling me that I have been in solitary confinement for too long and will get a nagging feeling that I must get out for awhile, it feels like some sort of fail-safe kicking in.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Wow. The part about what charges introverts and extroverts...that really good, thanks for your input. You said what I was trying to say.
edit on 17-1-2012 by Brad-H because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Yea I usually head to the legion and hang around the pool tables do a little chit-chating and rolling the balls ..Its the best of 2 worlds where I can be alone with a crowed . sometimes the crowed can be as little as 3 ...sounds a bit silly and it is but so what ...even some birds with wings will never fly but they still flap thier wings, ,how silly is that ...peace

edit on 17-1-2012 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Brad-H

My question here is...should I be concerned? I've totally over analysed the situation in my head so I can't answer it properly. Do I need help or should I just make more of an effort to please those that I love?

I have known a lot of introverts, you are not alone by any means. I dare say there is not cure for it. I myself am an extrovert, and there is no cure for that either.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
i am soooooooo much the same i battled it for about 5 years, but later i was diagnosed with a bunch of diseases so now i sit in the house more lol and have been worrying about myself too going back ito my hole, i feel like hiding out, yet i feel like going out and changing the world at the same time, just wish there werent people out there. but in a way i want to speak to them.

now im conflicted, I learned to control my feelings by learning about the processes of the brain of extroverts vs introverts, i read a book called the introvert advantage, and the loners manifesto, theres nothing to be ashamed of. i dont use herbs or drinks but i think i might be leaning towards some very unhealthy eating habits.... i fast throughout the day because of my chrons and it makes me weak, so just make sure to stay healthy, keep doing it off and on dont over do it. learn how your mind works, test yourself... expand the possibilities! the world is yours you just have to learn how to take it!

good luck sweetie, if you ever need to talk to someone feel free to msg been like this as lon as youve been alive lol

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by Brad-H

My question here is...should I be concerned? I've totally over analysed the situation in my head so I can't answer it properly. Do I need help or should I just make more of an effort to please those that I love?

I have known a lot of introverts, you are not alone by any means. I dare say there is not cure for it. I myself am an extrovert, and there is no cure for that either.

cure no, but there is cognitive behavioural excercises you can do to overcome anything you feel is over taking you.
when it comes to feelings like this even just talking to someone can help you stay focused. there will be ups and downs but its possible to change slowly ;

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

agreed, pot is not the problem your brain patterns are the bad habit not the pot.

pot is not addictive, go read all the wonderful health benefits it has, it is the worls most sustainable resource and it can save the world.

that is why its frowned upon, they know it could replace their whole big government happy place,

there would be plenty of fiber for paper and clothing, air filtration, its renewable and health benefits galore, it can completely gt people off of heavy medications and help ease severe problems in their systems,

it helps autoimmune diseases, and helps cancer and chronic pain, even nerve pain....

it would get rid of big pharma and oil and you could use it as fuel for the cars and so much more.

that is why it is illegal.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join