It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Strange Sounds" and Gullibility of People

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Check this out. The only difference is that instead of separate booms alone....it was the prolonged roaring sound that was predominate in what I heard......just something to consider.
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by artistpoet

Hi - Do you have any links to these reports from 1850s - I would be interested to read any

It was the 1890s, although there may have been earlier, unrelated "sightings."

en.wikipedia.org...

Thanks for posting he link - I will read up on it - Yes I have come across other instances of strange sounds from 1800s but these appear to be something other and more like ghost storys - But Yes Thanks for your link

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
If anyone wants to hear what I recorded,just for reference (in case you have not heard this sound) I can assure you mine are not fake. I simply walked outside and recorded. It is NOT ufos or anything like that....but it is unexplained and real. It was not the "trumpet" sound (which I think ARE fake).....it was a loud sustained roaring.....with a low bass undertone you could "feel" in your chest....and lasted on one occaision for over 45 minutes.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

It's interesting, I must say. The buzzing noise sounds like it's close to the 60 cycles per second used by AC power in the US, but there is no consistent rhythm to the bursts. The problem with the YouTube-sphere is that people will now post recordings of cicadas, passing jets, thunderstorms, etc.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Exactly! That's why I tried to rul all that out before posting my videos.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Hi - Do you have any links to these reports from 1850s - I would be interested to read any

I tried to find links to the original articles but here's a start for you at least:

early sky sounds

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
If anyone wants to hear what I recorded,just for reference (in case you have not heard this sound) I can assure you mine are not fake. I simply walked outside and recorded. It is NOT ufos or anything like that....but it is unexplained and real. It was not the "trumpet" sound (which I think ARE fake).....it was a loud sustained roaring.....with a low bass undertone you could "feel" in your chest....and lasted on one occaision for over 45 minutes.

Your recordings do sound like what I heard exept yours seem more constant though I feel perhaps atmosheric conditions and location could explain this.
Yes you talk about feeling the sound - I felt the sound around my upper body and head

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508

Originally posted by artistpoet

I tried to find links to the original articles but here's a start for you at least:

early sky sounds

Thanks have got that link - Very interesting

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

And look around here on the forum, whether it's "strange sounds" or Aliens or whatever...it becomes more and more a "re-post" site for whatever people find on Youtube.

Reposting is a good topic for moderators who have to sift and determine exactly what is and is not a 'repost'. This website, ATS, goes back almost a decade so there are, undoubtedly, many subjects that get rehashed in newer threads. And after a while, once a thread grows to a certain size, it is really tough trying to review and comment to the current level of information.

As for Youtube being a culprit? Perhaps. I'm not going to rule that out but neither could I accuse it of such beyond a guess. But the whole point of ATS seems to be to discuss issues and questions and subject matter that don't make the mainscream headliners and don't have a home where one can discuss the details.

Whether the information comes from a news story, a second hand account or an eyewitness encounter, it is my opinion that it is all still worthy of being heard. And if we find fault, the beauty of the system allows us to simply not click on it. We are not bound to read every thread or reply to every comment.

I'd also like to add that I was not criticizing your right to critique an OP or any comment here. I was just offering my own view of why that particular avenue of approach seemed pointless and counterproductive. To judge a mass of people based on a guesstimate of cause and effect is about the same as saying that all UFO sightings are founded on swamp gas or mass hysteria. We make assumptions based not on what we know, but on what we think a total stranger doesn't know.

Thanks for the reply

edit on 17-1-2012 by redoubt because: typo

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Here are some reports you may find interesting. With personal interviews of people who had heard the noise.
Nightline Oct. 2011(with video of report that was televised)
abcnews.go.com... -guess-what-causes-the-mysterious-hum/

One I found more recently written..from..About.com (many comments from people who have actually heard this sound)
paranormal.about.com... lained-sounds-reported-worldwide.htm

I believe there are fakes out there but im sold on it being real, although I have yet to hear it....

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
This report came from a FB entry. If it were fake then this guy who posted it public is in for some big harassing.

Personally I don't think this gent is putting up a fake. This is a odd occurance and until identified it will be reported till the cows come home...

www.facebook.com...

Link

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

the second video of the czech republic sounds fake, as the sounds are being muted as soon as it "stops" instead of travelling across the sky like in the first video. listen to it, that's what the fake ones sound like. But i do believe SOME are authentic as it is very hard to mimic the Natural Reverberation throughout the area being filmed. Trains go through my city all day everyday and most of it sits in a valley. When a train is on the other side of town you can hear the echo of the horn "bounce" around the ENTIRE city(which gives weight to the idea that many people would be calling the police if heard by a mass). We have the tech yes, but some can still tell the difference.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhain

that's the sound from war of the worlds.....enough said.

edit on 17-1-2012 by InfoRobinHood because: misspelled war

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhain

www.youtube.com...
again....enough said ( i do believe in the sounds just not all the videos)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by InfoRobinHood

What the sound is can be explained it is the source and why so many are hearing it at around the same time.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
the funniest part was when you said the news would report it, They would shrug it off likes it nothing... with nibiru so close to us now there last little bit of hiding will be over soon
edit on 17-1-2012 by ItsAConspiracy101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhain

right..BUT what you posted about that dude on facebook was clearly the war of the worlds sound WHICH sounds different to the actual anomalous sounds. He even laughs at the end of the video. And you were so adamant that it was not a hoax. I was simply pointing out that THAT particular video was featuring the sound from "war of the worlds" and is one of the many hoaxes on youtube(which are stealing credibility from the videos which are trying to spread the message of these sounds. not just waste people's time. and insult their intelligence) please check the link i provided before you post. tell me then if it still sounds REAL to you.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by InfoRobinHood

That "Godzilla" or "trumpet" stuff is bogus IMO. After all the videos of the real sounds (which BTW are like a roaring rumble") came out, the hoaxers started in trying to "one up" it. It really ticks me off! That sound is nothing like the original sound.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join