It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Strange Sounds" and Gullibility of People

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Many people are reporting "more strange sounds heard all over the world", "Strange Sounds in Manitoba", "Strange Sounds in Alberta" etc. blah blah

The truth is, there are LIKELY not more "strange sounds" but instead more "strange sound VIDEOS on Youtube" - which is a heck of a difference.

Maybe some people need to learn the difference between reality and what they see on Youtube.

If you see 100 more "strange sounds videos" on Youtube tomorrow - this does not mean that there are 100 more actual strange sounds heard and documented - it simply means there are 100 more Youtube videos.

And 98 or 99 of them are likely FAKE.

Note: While i personally believe that a small percentage of the videos/sounds is real, most are not and they are outright hoaxes. One possible explanation is that some religious "tribulation rapture" religious fanatics might make and spread the videos...

Ask yourself...if there are such loud, strange sounds heard over major cities like in Canada, you can bet the news would report it and THOUSANDS of people would be witnessing this too. Not only ONE person uploading some idiotic Youtube Video!
edit on 17-1-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

...kinda flies in the face of the threads on here where people have reported, including posting over several hours, hearing these sounds.

YouTube is what it is - and yes, it opens up the possibility for hoaxes more than we've had available to us in the past... but be careful not to throw the baby out with the bath water.

Oh, and as a pre-tribulation rapture believer, I resent that :p

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Because they would report this? For the 9 o clock news tonight there was a strange sound and people heard it.
It has been on news websites and probably the newspaper and no one can do anything about it not even you even if starts happening on your street where you live.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
All I know is that I live in a very big city and if I didn't hear strange sounds 24/7 I would start to worry.
Line 2

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

As someone who has spoken directly to several who've heard the sounds and not just watched the Youtube videos, I would disagree with the idea that it isn't happening. I'd also note that at least one ATS use was an almost vicious skeptic and said so.....after coming back and admitting he'd finally heard it himself and it changed many things by the experience.

To each their own..but too many people are experiencing this to deny it's happening, whatever the cause may turn out to be.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
maybe O.P should google the words "The Hum"
and by all accounts "the hum" is not a new phenomenom as it started in the 70s

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

And 98 or 99 of them are likely FAKE.

Have you got proof to back up your claim or is your claim just an opinion...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I dont say it didn't happen, neither do i not believe the many PEOPLE HERE on the forum, incl. Stealthy Kat etc.

But i am saying that most of the youtube videos are hoaxes and you cannot conclude from the number of videos on YT to the number of actually heard sounds.

Even worse, the real sounds are worse and worse to identify amongst all that youtube crap.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by UkRandom

I dont need to google #### unless you want to imply i don't know what the hum is? Furthermore, you can show me where you see a relationship between the hum and the "sky sounds". The hum is usually NOT location bound, and some people "experience" the hum and some dont. The sky sounds are OBVIOUSLY heard by everyone.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
It is on the news. Every Alternative news site I subscribe to will talk about recent "noises". and they all sound the same to some extent. I wouldn't trust MSM to report anything that would disturb the peace of their "operation"... seriously, it looks like you've been on ATS long enough to know the MSM is not trustworthy. ATS Thread, Public enemy #`

you are correct about youtube, if there are 100 videos that report noises, it means that there are 100 more videos on youtube. However, I would certainly not discredit 100% of all the youtube videos. Even if you discredit 99% and are left with 1 video of such nature, It is freaking disturbing.

just for good measure, here is yet another video, a compilation of many "world sounds". If it is faked, someone has an awful lot of time to waste do deceive the ones who seek the truth and not the drones who glue themselves to the TV and believe the MSM like it was golden news from the heavens.

edit on 17-1-2012 by Glargod because: Add

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Originally posted by UkRandom

I dont need to google #### unless you want to imply i don't know what the hum is? Furthermore, you can show me where you see a relationship between the hum and the "sky sounds". The hum is usually NOT location bound, and some people "experience" the hum and some dont. The sky sounds are OBVIOUSLY heard by everyone.

but your original post puts the "sky sounds" as you call them down to youtube videos nothing more??
contradiction much?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I dont say it didn't happen, neither do i not believe the many PEOPLE HERE on the forum, incl. Stealthy Kat etc.

But i am saying that most of the youtube videos are hoaxes and you cannot conclude from the number of videos on YT to the number of actually heard sounds.

Even worse, the real sounds are worse and worse to identify amongst all that youtube crap.

I understand your point. There is a very real, as yet unexplained phenomenon going on, and people are muddying the waters by flooding YouTube with hoaxes. Eventually a geologist or meteorologist will come up with a natural explanation, but the gullible will point to the hoax videos and say: but you can't explain these! It's the whole "UFO problem."

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

It is on the news. Every Alternative news site I subscribe

It's funny, because when i google in Google News, i only see blogs REFERRING to other fringe blogs/posts. For example, some news sites are referring to the Huffington post article which itself is also only referring to some Youtube video uploaded by "someone". (Eg the one in Alberta).

This is mass-hysteria at its finest.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
It's not like they could Fly a huge object over an entire state of the USA, and then make fun of the thousands of worried citizens who saw and reported it? Oh wait....

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
all i know is the sound is an intersting one and very curious that most places in the world have heard or reported to have heard it
hopefully 1 day we will all find out what is the cause to this phenomenom

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

It is on the news. Every Alternative news site I subscribe

It's funny, because when i google in Google News, i only see blogs REFERRING to other fringe blogs/posts. For example, some news sites are referring to the Huffington post article which itself is also only referring to some Youtube video uploaded by "someone". (Eg the one in Alberta).

This is mass-hysteria at its finest.

Have you been missing the threads on here? I've participated in several and spoken U2U with people off thread in addition to that. These are ATS members posting first person in real time or near so, immediately after it happens. Your kinda telling people on a boat that the ocean isn't actually there.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I have heard for myself these noises from who knows where. I know you're not disputing against the people who have heard the noise, and that you are disputing against the videos, and I'm inclined to agree to some part, that many of them are recycled noises from other videos. That was proven by the video above with the noise at the beginning looped into another location a few minutes later.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I would not believe the sounds either, if I hadn't heard them myself in Austria, Europe about six months ago. It was exactly like in those videos... Pretty scary...
edit on 17-1-2012 by HedyLamarr because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2012 by HedyLamarr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
You say we're gullible because we believe youtube videos and witness statements on here and the news..But yet you have a link to a web page about 2012 which makes you buy the answer its offering...hmmm, have you bought that book? because if so, your a hypocrite and this whole thread is void.
edit on 17-1-2012 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I don't think these sounds people are hearing have anything to do with gullibility.

Do you not think it's a bit judgemental to think so?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join