It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluoride Linked to #1 Cause of Death in New Research

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Fluoride is the #1 killer?

Some college or renowned doctor would have proven this via study by now somewhere.

I am just saying that is one hell of a claim and just sounds like bullcrap just reading it.

Someone below OP said Fluoride is more deadly than lead? Wear a tinfoil hat much?

I wouldn't put the Gov above Eugenics (just look at our history) and Fluoride has its good and bad points, but the claim of this story is so ridiculous that it's just not believable nor could ever be factual.

OP should apply their palm to their forehead quickly, making a smacking noise. I have no idea if fluoride is #1 at anything other than making people stupid enough to wonder if industrial waste added to their water is somehow good for them. Apparently. It's meant for OUTSIDE the body uses, not inside. But we drink it! Gasp Shock! That's BAD for you. The end. Where's the problem?

We also eat it (canned goods are preserved in tap water), cook in it, and bath in it (absorbs through the skin). All soft drinks (soda, ice tea, lemonade etc..) contain it as well as all canned goods. Vegetables are grown with tap water which it absorbs as well and all meat produce drink it which we then eat.
edit on 17-1-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

Exactly, flouride is a poison, with the highest toxicity rating of 4. Such a toxic is very expensive to get rid of for the industries, which acumulates vast amounts of it as a waste product. They came up with the ingenious solution to dump it into the water supply. Their excuse was, "it is good for teeth". It is good for teeth because it is so toxic it kills the caries bacteria. Other poisons exist that could kill this bacteria just as well, like Vodka.

www.ehow.com...

It was a convenent excuse though. Lobbyists orchestrated this scheme in 1945, and to this day there are alot of suckers still believing it is good for you.

Caries is a bacteria.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 17-1-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Nice strawman

I grew up on rain water and have never consumed water that has had fluoride added to it.

My teeth are also perfect, no holes no cavities, so I don't see the sense in adding fluoride to water.

Doesn't mean I need to fall for every silly misinterpreted story posted here.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Care to let us in on why you think its safe to drink?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

It's the same reason any big money product never gets a true study. Money. if it were to proven for negative effects, well, then there would be hell to pay. I know this may be hard to watch, with your cognitive dissonance working overtime on this subject, but here is a video of what happens to cells when fluoride is introduced.

Pay attention now: www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I've been drinking water for years and i'm healthy!
You people are lunatics an crazy religious fanatics.
Flouride is healthy and you should all stop resisting-.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight76
reply to post by SyphonX

Effects on dental health controversial? Please provide a source so that I may refute it with actual data. See, Pre-2000 my dental hygiene wasn't very good. I brushed daily, but that was about it. After one dentist appointment, after not seeing one in almost five years, I found out I was riddled with cavities. The dentist patched me up, told me to use a Sonicare toothbrush, and rinse daily with ACT fluoride rinse. Well, I had a an appointment or two after that, but haven't been back since maybe 2002. And guess what, if I have had any cavities, they were hidden or didn't hurt, or maybe they aren't there. The toothbrush has been good, but I really give all the credit to the fluoride rinse. No cavities in 10 years. Of course I guess there have been side effects, I no longer vote for republicans. And I was a registered republican from 1994, of course that could have had something to do with their lurch to pander to Christianists, but that is neither here nor there.

Bottom line - I have been drinking flouridated tap water and using a fluoride rinse for 35 years, and I have yet to see, or feel and negative things from it. Yes, in HUGE doses fluoride is poisonous, but like the poster before said, so are alcohol and nicotine.

So, after talking about cavities being prevented AFTER starting a fluoride rinse routine, you go on to say you have drank fluoridated water for 35 years. In my view, that fluoridated water has had no benefit whatsoever then. It doesn't work for the teeth when it goes directly to the gut. As far as there being no negative effects, I'm glad for you. But not everybody is the same. Studies do raise enough alarm to show that many people CAN be effected by water fluoridation in the long term. If we want better teeth, then we should have the OPTION of direct fluoride treatment.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Guess what?

I personally know probably around 100 people that drink tap water as do you.

I have had 3 cavities in my life. I drink probably around 8-10 glasses a day.

Fluoride is found naturally in drinking water and the deeper you dig the more there is. Does this mean it is healthy? No, but I am just saying.

It's not like it is new either, it's been the standard since the 60's.

While some would disagree, I would say that our well being has actually improved since the 60's. Our intelligence has also improved.

We live longer etc... so yeaaaaaah must be more harmful than led.

Led kills people, btw. Don't believe every damned study you read.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

From your link

According to the latest numbers, over 72 percent of Americans drink water treated with fluoride. Is it any wonder that cardiovascular disease rates are off the charts?

From another source

That’s the finding of the latest Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index, which shows that 63.1% of adults in the U.S. were either overweight or obese in 2009.

www.webmd.com...

I would think the weight problem is just as much to blame

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Fat ameripigs want to blame it on the water rather than their food habits.

"Boo-hoo, the government is poyshuuuning us, Boo-hoo"

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Where did I say it was safe to drink?

I just said I don't personally see the point in it being added to drinking water.

I don't know how you've construed that as me saying it's safe to drink.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sorgmodig
Fat ameripigs want to blame it on the water rather than their food habits.

"Boo-hoo, the government is poyshuuuning us, Boo-hoo"

LOL I am American and you made me laugh... thanks.

Ameripigs.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
LOL another fluoride scare story. Sodium fluoride is not added to the water supply. Hexafluorsilliac acid is. MASSIVE fail
Sodium fluoride is added to toothpaste and how many of you eat toothpaste?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

so that's sodium flouride in the water.but what about the calcium flouride in toothpaste? don't forget that sodium itself is dangerous to us, as is chlorine, but the two together make sodium chloride, a chemical that our body literally needs to live.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Sorry haven't read thru the entire thread to see everyone's responses but the most logical answer to this is......POPULATION CONTROL. Does it suck...yes. But we all know that it is necessary. Why do you think there has been no cure for cancer? A lot of this disease is man made and it's for this very reason. We have a hard enough time around this world feeding the people we got now. Let along finding good jobs for everyone. It's a very probable cause that I will likely die from cancer. Not going to sit here and say I'm fine with it but I just have to accept I'll be the next in line.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by chi_z
reply to post by NeoVain

so that's sodium flouride in the water.but what about the calcium flouride in toothpaste? don't forget that sodium itself is dangerous to us, as is chlorine, but the two together make sodium chloride, a chemical that our body literally needs to live.

When is the last time you swallowed toothpaste?

That is why kids and elderly get only a pea sized amount, btw in case they do swallow.

It really doesn't matter OPs story is still flawed.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
reply to post by NeoVain

You should all move to Scotland...we have fluoride free tap water...come on over...you'll like it here

AWESOME!!! FLUORIDE FREE MUNICIPAL WATER AND DEEK JACKSON!! I"M THERE!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
This is an interesting study, yes the patients were injected with sodium fluoride, but only for the sake of seeing the results of where the uptake of fluoride actually happened.

Some people didn't actually exhibit fluoride uptake which is also interesting, but I would wager if prolonged exposure happened these people would be effected as well.

Great study, Starred and Flagged.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
Sorry haven't read thru the entire thread to see everyone's responses but the most logical answer to this is......POPULATION CONTROL. Does it suck...yes. But we all know that it is necessary. Why do you think there has been no cure for cancer? A lot of this disease is man made and it's for this very reason. We have a hard enough time around this world feeding the people we got now. Let along finding good jobs for everyone. It's a very probable cause that I will likely die from cancer. Not going to sit here and say I'm fine with it but I just have to accept I'll be the next in line.

Whatever dude. Not saying you are wrong, but I really don't think fluoridation has anything to do with Eugenics.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaxJohnson

Originally posted by jrmcleod
reply to post by NeoVain

You should all move to Scotland...we have fluoride free tap water...come on over...you'll like it here

AWESOME!!! FLUORIDE FREE MUNICIPAL WATER AND DEEK JACKSON!! I"M THERE!!!

Have you seen the Scots teeth?!?!

j/k

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join