It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluoride Linked to #1 Cause of Death in New Research

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+154 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Fluoride Linked to #1 Cause of Death in New Research

robertmijas.com

Groundbreaking new research has linked sodium fluoride to cardiovascular disease, the leading cause of death worldwide. Researchers found that fluoride consumption directly stimulates the hardening of your arteries, a condition known as atherosclerosis that is highly correlated with the #1 killer. Sodium fluoride is currently added to the water supply of many cities worldwide, despite extreme opposition from health professionals and previous studies linking it to decreased IQ and infertility.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+34 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Despite more and more evidence of the harmful effects of flouride on the human body, Governments all over the world still continue to pump it into the water supply. Other previously proven negatives include calcification of the pineal gland, a retardation in the brain, causing lower IQ/Brain damage, dental flourosis(brown spots on teeth), kidney damage, bone disease/weakening, and many more.

naturalsociety.com...

For more info on other adverse effects click here www.fluoridealert.org...

robertmijas.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 17-1-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

+41 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Fluoride is more toxic than Lead. We considered Lead too dangerous to put in paints and fuels. We willfully add Fluoride to POTABLE WATER SUPPLIES.

It goes without saying, but I'm sick of having to repeat myself, to myself, or to others that may be listening, as if I am an automaton fighting a losing battle.

Anyway.. S&F
[snip]. I'll stick to water as pure as possible, and fluoride free dental products. Every little bit helps.
edit on 17-1-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2012 by Asktheanimals because: offensive language removed

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Glad you got another link.

Flagging for some attention from more knowledgeable folk.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
And just to think, most Western Governments are saying it is healthy and awesome

I know Australia has had it for ages.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I found this as well, which seems to be the original research where the articles stem from:

RESULTS: Fluoride uptake in vascular walls was demonstrated in 361 sites of 54 (96%) patients, whereas calcification was observed in 317 sites of 49 (88%) patients. Significant correlation between fluoride uptake and calcification was observed in most of the arterial walls, except in those of the abdominal aorta. Fluoride uptake in coronary arteries was demonstrated in 28 (46%) patients and coronary calcifications were observed in 34 (56%) patients. There was significant correlation between history of cardiovascular events and presence of fluoride uptake in coronary arteries. The coronary fluoride uptake value in patients with cardiovascular events was significantly higher than in patients without cardiovascular events.

Link

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I don't drink tap water at all. The sad thing is that most bottled or filtered water still contains flouride, as well as spring water.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

It boggles the mind. Almost all psychiatric medication contains it too, which is in my opinion largely over prescribed. It all contributes to how much is circulating in our water supply.

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Here is the abstract:

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

It talks about fluoride uptake by already damaged vascular walls. This is useful for PET scan purposes where fluoride is used as a marker of damaged walls. There is not a word in that research about fluoride being harmful for vascular walls.

edit on 17/1/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Atherosclerosis can be caused by stress. So it would be impossible to have a study that would end up being statistically significant because of this. Sorry

+28 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Sorry, this is not what you think it's about.

It's about the use of a fluoride based pharmaceutical in PET/CT scans.

It is injected into the blood system, hence the study on the cardiovascular system.

Full text:

journals.lww.com...

It becomes clear after reading it.

edit on 17/1/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Well it goes on to conclude that sodium fluoride intake may be associated with an increased cardiovascular risk. Yet that's the problem with most official "fluoride studies" isn't it? All the results are compartmentalized and they'll say "not enough risk here", "not enough risk there", but it's separated into neat little packages. When they say "tap levels are safe" for instance, they don't take into account the fact that everything produced and sold for consumption in America is manufactured with the same tap supplies we drink.

Therefore, it's fairly obvious you exceed "safe dosage" because it's in your bread, it's in your juice, it's in your medicine... anything that is produced with the same tap water, will have sodium fluoride in it. Then you whip fluoridated toothpaste in your mouth to top it all off, a rather extreme amount of intake on the 'broad spectrum', in my humble opinion.

Even this study fails to take this into account, and they only apply the test to the mentioned drugs.
edit on 17-1-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Fluoride also causes calcification of the pineal gland.. Was used by the Nazis in the concentration camps to dumb down emotions. It is a drug and I should have the choice if i digest it or not...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
well they should keep it to the bloody scans then and stop adding it to the water supply! we don't all need to have scans.

what good did fluoride ever do to us? nada... which is why many other countries refused to put it in their water supply.

"we put it in YOUR water because its good for your teeth" ya get a f**king break, were not that stupid/fluoridated to belive that, well some may be.

sodium fluoride is toxic: fact
they put sodium fluoride in drinking water: fact

common sense will tell you its bad for you.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Is there anyway to filter tap water to such a degree that it removes fluoride?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I just read on a site reverse-osmosis devices remove up to 95% so I guess the answer might be "No".

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Reverse osmosis kits but they are expensive.....

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Reverse osmosis kits but they are expensive.....

They are day to install and for around 150 US dollars you can have one....not as expensive as you may think

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Well it goes on to conclude that sodium fluoride intake may be associated with an increased cardiovascular risk.

Not as a cause, but as an effect of already damaged arteries. Which is why it supposed to be useful for PET scan diagnosis of atherosclerosis. Fluoride is used as a contrast agent in PET scans. This study says that it binds onto damaged walls and lights them up. Nothing more, nothing less.
edit on 17/1/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

edit on 17/1/12 by Maslo because: gbleh

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by scoobyrob

Not to discredit you, but there are many toxic chemicals you could ingest daily such as to much salt, to much sugar and to many carbohydrates.. but because they are not in high toxicity it doesn't actually effect your body in a bad way, much like the % of fluorinated water. Is it bad for you? Yes in certain doses, can it be beneficial yes, in certain doses.

Hell why don't you guys parade around saying alcohol is drank everyday and is highly toxic and bad for your health and body. Much the same with cigarettes. (they do have warning labels on these both substances) But in certain studies alcohol is actually GOOD for you provided you're responsible and have small doses. Much like fluorinated water, can you show me a study conducted on basic tap water that proves how bad it is to the general populus? Not just how bad the chemical is, in general?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join