It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, I've had it!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

So from this I gather you cannot support your belief with any evidence and to obscure that fact you try and send me on some fool's errand
edit on 17-1-2012 by racasan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

no, that's not what i said. i said, i know i have lied, but i didn't feel like I did some nobel thing when i did and it didn't matter if the other person was my religion or not. i would feel just as bad lying to a jewish person as i would lying to a muslim or an atheist or a pagan or whatever! but they are taught it's okay to lie for the survival of their belief system or world view. i feel like i've been set up to fail!
because if it's so engrained in me not to lie to anyone, and they are taught the exact opposite: I'M SCREWED!

edit on 17-1-2012 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
either take them out,
get use to it,
join them,
retreat
or die

you pick.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I suppose that if I had to pick the best group to point my finger at it would be the Zionist Kabal ...and I am not sure you could find them ,other than associates ...peace

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

And this time it looks like you are trying to justify why you lie but then attack everybody else for their lies - perhaps these others you attack in this post are in the same situation as you?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

I said The word of God,the bible , What sort of evidence are you wanting me to give to you, as I see it all the evidence I need is in the Bible ..What you might need as proof may not be the same for others which I am one of them ...peace

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by racasan
reply to post by undo

And this time it looks like you are trying to justify why you lie but then attack everybody else for their lies - perhaps these others you attack in this post are in the same situation as you?

no, one more time: i am not justifying anyone's lies, i'm pointing out that i was taught that lying is wrong no matter who you lie to. i even feel bad that i lied to my kids that santa claus was real. but the religions and organizations in that list think it's A OK to lie to anyone they deem to be outside their best interest. even if it was in my best interest, i would not feel good about lying to anyone, and in fact, would do my best to tell the truth. is this a bad thing? would you prefer i lie to people? would that qualify me as worthy of evolutionary survival? do i need to pick the worst traits in our species, and glorify them so that i too, may be allowed to survive? is this what all that means?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

I rest my case your honor

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I was thinking last night or at least trying to ...So I was thinking about( nothing ) That is one word I had not thought about before ...Nothing is a lie .we use it to describe something as being nothing yet we are unable to or I cant ...I read some short wiki entries that to the great minds of the past but no one has a clear definition I can find ...help ...peace

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

it looks like you want to implement a universal moral rule to all situations and that can never work

Just accept the fact that people will lie, sometimes by mistake and sometimes deliberately – but if the situation is important to you just implement a bit of fact checking

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

holy toledo! that was awesome!
and man he was on it. i'm glad it's not my imagination.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

I watched it. I've heard it before. I disagree with the idea that Good is wrong because it helps those who abuse it. Good has become defanged over time from what I feel it was truly meant to be. I think smiting a true evil doer is justice of a sort, and that it needs to come back in fashion and fast. Good became dumb, but if Good actually realized it must slay those who are so truly wicked that they simply want to kill those around them and profit from the doing.

I am not talking religion AT ALL. I am talking about the idea of Good vs. Evil.

Good isn't easy. Good isn't always fun. Good is a pain in the ass to be sometimes. But, in the end, Good brings the most positive change to the world and needs to be promoted in all cultures and religions, but in a real and meaningful way. Meaning.

Good needs to rise up and slay the wicked. It's the other way around right now and for so long. When will good stop being so stupid.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

Hi ..you said "lying in Christianity was seen as necessary to save the unbeliever from hell – so that kind of lying is seen as being done in a good cause"

I suppose you could be correct in that statement but the truth of the matter is that lying is wrong ,always and is unnecessary for salvation .I don't know if it is possible that maybe some untruths into ones beliefs could lead to a blatant lie ...the bible says a little leaven levith the whole lump ,so that may be what happens ..I think that it is possible to misunderstand something and be truthful about the error and at the same time be lying ...That would explain the many denominations in the church ..one group believes water baptism to save while another does not ...When I was looking for the meaning of nothing I noticed Hegel take on it ..I should go read it better ,could be something there or maybe nothing at all ...peace

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

because part of being good is not inflicting on someone else, what you wouldn't want inflicted on yourself. part of being good is to come to grips with the fact, you are no better than the guy down the street, regardless if you're religious or not. i know i'm not better than other people who lie, because i know i've lied. i just don't want to be lied to death it's a survival instinct that requires me to speak out in defense of just being honest, since that's what i've been taught. it scares me that there are people running around who think it's a good thing to lie to me since i'm not their belief, political party, world view, racial background, financial strata or national heritage.

it's pretty much universal to want the truth, but does it also have to be universal to only want the truth for your benefit and not give it in return? if so then again, i say, point me to the biggest and best liars, cause those will be the only people left standing when the dust clears. (this is an example of wondering what the deal is with all these double standards, and yet i get harrassed by some of these same people for wanting to play a video game in which violence exists, yet some of them would have no qualms about shooting other people between the eyes in real life, chopping off their hands or heads, or blowing them into the next dimension).

if i didn't want people to question what i believe, i wouldn't offer it up for scrutiny nor would i debate what someone else believes. we're all here learning from each other, i think.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1
reply to post by racasan

Well there are many documents from the time of Jesus that would suggest of a person named Jesus .peace

I am sure there were lots of people names Jesus....

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Originally posted by the2ofusr1
reply to post by racasan

Well there are many documents from the time of Jesus that would suggest of a person named Jesus .peace

I am sure there were lots of people names Jesus....

but how many of them were named esa (isa)?

long story. don't ask. would screw up the thread.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I was referring to the Jesus of the new testament bible ,but you knew that ....peace

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Only when Our One True God opens your eyes to the times that we live in will the following become Truth to you:

"You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies." John 8:44

You see the lies, you feel the lies. Find it in your heart to understand that the unseen enemy is hard at work knowing that his days are numbered as this age draws to a close. Realise that very few people see these lies as you do, then understand that only God allows you to see it. Ask your neighbours, your family or your friends if they see it - the answer is usually "huh"? And that He may be waiting to see if it turns your heart and head to Him. Salvation is a gift from God and His call can be dramatic or subtle, but nonetheless it is His outstretched hand. Do you turn to Him in need or do you carry on in the world as it is led away in deception and lies?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

are you suggesting i'm not a christian by asking me these questions?
i can see where you might be led to believe that, but i'm definitely a christian.
my question regarding liars is pretty obvious. it's rhetorical and a tad bit sarcastic.
i apologize for my use of sarcasm. but the question stands: who are the best liars?
cause that seems to be the "we are better than you" condition. you must be a better liar
than your competition. so they are all hard at work doing just that and the wages of being
honest is to die because you weren't smart enough to lie for your own survival, you therefore
don't need to pass on your genes to the next generation or something

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

The problem here is who gets to decide who is the evil doer?

I remember reading in some bronze age book that it’s a bad thing to judge others and that if you do then you will be judged in the same standards

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join